West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:20 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:59 pm

Anybody that wants Moyes gone,either knows nothing about football and West Ham or is a penny short of a pound.Yeah,you get them on them Facebook forums,where quite a big majority know nothing about the game..

Trouble with social media,there is a lot of follow follow..People without minds of their own.Eg.Mark Noble should be in the team because his a legend /Mr West Ham.....Absolute b*llocks!

At least on here you get a balanced view on here,even if Whiskyman thinks his right about everything :lol:
There's a lot of balanced views on most of the forums, including this one. But there's also some shit ones that haven't been thought through.

And I don't think I'm right about everything. I know I am. ;)
The Brian Clough of Hammerschat :lol:

Listen,they are more balanced the most..We all don't have to agree with each others views.If we did,it would be a boring forum.You and I bicker all the time at each other,because we sometimes disagree,but I never disrespect your views.I always want to know and enjoy reading your opinions.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:33 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:20 pm

There's a lot of balanced views on most of the forums, including this one. But there's also some shit ones that haven't been thought through.

And I don't think I'm right about everything. I know I am. ;)

Listen,they are more balanced the most..We all don't have to agree with each others views.If we did,it would be a boring forum.You and I bicker all the time at each other,because we sometimes disagree,but I never disrespect your views.I always want to know and enjoy reading your opinions.
A good old constructive debate is what it's all about.

And don't worry Terry, when I want your opinion I'll give it to you. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:50 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:33 pm

A good old constructive debate is what it's all about.

And don't worry Terry, when I want your opinion I'll give it to you. ;)
Ok Brian :lol:

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:37 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:27 pm

The first 30 minutes I was in heaven and you can give us some credit too..Of course every Hammer was enjoying us pin them back.

When it become 3-1,I was not entertained,because Arsenal were dominating us.How can you enjoy that?I can't,has a fan tbh.

It`s a bit different watching on the box..I am far less nervous when I am actually at a game.
We had two decent chances in the second half to extend the lead to 4-2, Antonio's miss onto the post being the most obvious. So the 3-3 draw was entirely down to one man who couldn't kick a a ball straight over a short distance.

Regrettable but that's the fact

THIS!

If you got back and watch that game, there is no way Moyes' tactic was to simply sit back and not go for more goals, he set us up to to defend a lead and hit on the counter, something we've been doing all season. Knowing one more goal would seal it, our lack of clinical finishing in the 2nd half (how could those be the same players from the first half- fitness?) cost us what should have been a thrilling 4 or 5 -3 and our manager would be spared these barbs.

I will agree that Fabs is right when he sees his back line defending in the 6 yard box, you're bound to concede OGs, they need to hold a higher line and push the attackers into Rice and Soucek outside the box. This is where we really miss Ogbonna.
#fuckqatar2022

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:47 am

Utter Rubbish. The issue was that Arsenal were crap in the first half and they were not in the second. In the first half we had three shots on goal only but were clinical. In the second half we had far more and were not and we even missed a sitter.

Fuck me, I am starting to see why we never win games with fans in the stadium.
You obviously never see the possession statistic come up on your tv after the first 20-25 minutes then?It was 84% for us.We pinned them back.We were brilliant that first half hour and Arsenal were terrific from then on.How can you be so critical of your own team being 3-0 up after half an hour? Beggars belief tbh.
Thats just it. I am not critical of us at all. We played well for a spell but Arsenal were terrible in the first half, Arsenal pushed us back in the second half but overall it was a pretty even game. I credit us for attacking and I credit them for the same. It was end to end in the last 20 mins.

And you can have all the possession in the world but goals win games and 3 shots with 80 odd possession suggests we were doing little with the ball.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:47 pm

I personally think Moyes has done a fantastic job considering what he has at his disposal and the c**ts he has to work for.

Years from now,many of us will look back on this season with great fondness,no doubt.

I believe if he was given the right tools,we could compete with some of the bigger clubs on a yearly basis.
Agree Moyes has done a fantastic job with both hands tied behind his back.
What does annoy me about him, and probably where the Dinosaur tag comes from is his sitting back tactic defend what you have.
Sometimes it may work, not great to watch though.

But why do it when clearly we have a team more than capable of going toe to toe with the likes of Arsenal. Very frustrating.
The fact that he was yelling at the team to get forward in the second half suggests it is not all down to him

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:00 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 pm

Agree Moyes has done a fantastic job with both hands tied behind his back.
What does annoy me about him, and probably where the Dinosaur tag comes from is his sitting back tactic defend what you have.
Sometimes it may work, not great to watch though.

But why do it when clearly we have a team more than capable of going toe to toe with the likes of Arsenal. Very frustrating.
The fact that he was yelling at the team to get forward in the second half suggests it is not all down to him
I too noticed that but alas once Noble was introduced that was stifled fucking lively.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:08 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:00 pm

I too noticed that but alas once Noble was introduced that was stifled fucking lively.
Indeed,
Hardly sends the signal out to attack Does it?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.