Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:18 am
Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:39 pm

maybe its this garbage thats been bubbling away for some time in the background...woke scum want to destroy everybody and anybody that dont prescribe to their warped way of thinking...filth
Just too many people these days taking offence on behalf of others and just about everything. No context with anything anymore. Give it 10 years and we won’t be able to call each other a cunt without getting fined or arrested and jokes will become a thing of the past coz they all offend someone in some way. Cunts
I'm not sure we need to wait ten years, it's here now. Eddie Izzard declared he is now in 'girl mode' so the BBC and Guardian refer to him as 'she' and 'her' in their reporting, which is, well confusing. Basically because English has very detailed rules of nouns and pronouns and therefore using the wrong one, tends to fuck up the meaning, which is the whole point of using language. Clear communication.

Now in France you just go with the flow because all nouns use gender either masculine or feminine. So France is feminine because it is La France and that is just the way it is. Most words can be either masculine or feminine but some are gender specific. For instance Pizza is feminine.

So while the french get on with communicating accurately and calling tables by their correct gender, feminine as it goes - we, because we are more progressive and sensitive to nonsense, have decided that every thespian is now simply an actor.

If your a producer and your casting for a female lead in say Romeo & Juliet, then you don't want any actor for the part do you...unless it's a BAME LGBTQ+ interpretation...in which case make the best of what you can get...

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I disagree. I think we’ll win.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:03 pm

Just too many people these days taking offence on behalf of others and just about everything. No context with anything anymore. Give it 10 years and we won’t be able to call each other a cunt without getting fined or arrested and jokes will become a thing of the past coz they all offend someone in some way. Cunts
I'm not sure we need to wait ten years, it's here now. Eddie Izzard declared he is now in 'girl mode' so the BBC and Guardian refer to him as 'she' and 'her' in their reporting, which is, well confusing. Basically because English has very detailed rules of nouns and pronouns and therefore using the wrong one, tends to fuck up the meaning, which is the whole point of using language. Clear communication.

Now in France you just go with the flow because all nouns use gender either masculine or feminine. So France is feminine because it is La France and that is just the way it is. Most words can be either masculine or feminine but some are gender specific. For instance Pizza is feminine.

So while the french get on with communicating accurately and calling tables by their correct gender, feminine as it goes - we, because we are more progressive and sensitive to nonsense, have decided that every thespian is now simply an actor.

If your a producer and your casting for a female lead in say Romeo & Juliet, then you don't want any actor for the part do you...unless it's a BAME LGBTQ+ interpretation...in which case make the best of what you can get...
Fuckin hilarious :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

2-1 to us. Assuming Jimenez is still unavailable
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Yesterday I was only called a cunt four times.
I'm nearly suicidal!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:35 pm Yesterday I was only called a cunt four times.
I'm nearly suicidal!
How many today?

You cunt :lol:
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:47 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:35 pm Yesterday I was only called a cunt four times.
I'm nearly suicidal!
How many today?

:lol:
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:39 pm

maybe its this garbage thats been bubbling away for some time in the background...woke scum want to destroy everybody and anybody that dont prescribe to their warped way of thinking...filth
They want us to be robots I'm afraid with no sense of humour.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

JayK wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:47 pm
I'm nearly suicidal!
How many today?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:13 pm

They want us to be robots I'm afraid with no sense of humour.
Exactly
COYI!!!