West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:12 pm For all those who say ‘ I don’t care if we win or lose , I just want to be entertained’ ......fuck that.
You were entertained for the first 30 minutes, weren't you?

Then we decided to go back to the Football Moyes likes to play against the SKY 6..Sit back and let them dictate.That`s why it ended up 3-3.

Are you referring to the post me and Whiskyman were debating?I wonder BB :lol:

I will play "1-0 to the Arsenal" Football if it meant a trophy at the end of it.

If we were a Chelsea,serial trophy winners(which the post was about),I wouldn't be happy that we had spent all them millions and I'm getting bored to death with the football being played..If you got money,you expect a bit of style.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Towie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:10 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:46 pm
Moss was a cunt today. How he can give a free kick to them for their second goal was quite frankly absurd.
Have you seen the tweets from Paddy power?

First one is “Jon Moss is having quite the game here. He is also wearing a 49games UNDEFEATED t shirt under his top” :lol: :lol:

And the other has a picture of a bedroom with all Arsenal branded bed linen, wallpaper, posters, etc with the tag. “Jon Moss watching Villa v Spuds from comfort of his room”. :lol: :lol:
😂

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:29 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:22 pm

Imo we missed Fornals big time. He covers that left side very well. Benrahma, for the first two goals, was offering no support to Cresswell. I’ve given Benrahma the benefit of the doubt so far but it looks to me like he’s lost at this level. Even his setup for Antonio’s off the post effort would have been a tap in if his first touch had been better.
Agree totally we missed Fornals, but this comes down to squad depth as well which Moyes states he was happy with. Who else could he have played instead of Benrahma? Johnson as we did against Man Utd that went well.
In fact Moyes first sub should have been to take off Benrahma and put on Johnson to strengthen that side at 3-2.
Antonio is not a striker he does not have the instinct, which has shown in a number of his misses this season.

Again we have no one else who can play there.
I agree it's easy to be wise after the event but at 3-0 up I would have taken Benrahma off and put on either Johnson or Fredericks. At 3-0 it should have been job done. 3-0 up and it's pretty clear the opposition will do one of two things. Damage limitation for some, try to claw something back for others. Moyes must know Arteta wis in the second category and should, imo, have taken off the obvious weak link. But, as I say, it's easy to be wise after the event.

But Moyes must know Benrahma is a liability defensively and he'd contributed very little in an offensive sense, so why keep him on when the points should have been in the bag if we'd managed the game correctly.? Calum Chambers was given the MOTM award, which for me should either have gone to Lingard or Odegaard, but, FFS, if Benrahma had realised he's playing in the big boys' league now and defensive awareness is every bit as important as the occasional little flash of ability, and done his defensive duties the damage Chambers caused us would have been greatly reduced.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Had time to reflect on yesterday.

We were outstanding in that first 30 minutes,no doubt about it.I thought we may get 5 before HT and should have done just that.Then we resorted to sitting back and defending.I still don't understand why we go in to this mode,but we do.

Let`s be honest,whatever their position,Arsenal have an outstanding talent of players and to me are the biggest under achievers in the PL this season,but are beginning now to tick.Their form since Christmas has been really good and they would actually be 4th on that form

The majority of that bench would probably make our first XI.That Odegaard was outstanding for them.Their first XI is better than Spurs in my opinion.

So putting things into perspective, we can't really knock getting the point,though I still think the tactics cost us in the end.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:13 pm
h69 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:10 pm

I would have taken a tense 1-0 win. Would have been a superb result.

At least the 'real fans' got what they wanted today apparently :lol: .
Oh the high and mighty H69 speaks again.

Who on here has claimed to be a real fan or indeed accused others of not being real fans due to style of play?

The issue here is that we played well on the front foot, playing good entertaining football. Then inexplicably we sit back letting the opposition back in the game. Leeds game we got away with it today we didn’t.

Keep on going the way we were, we could of got a 4th or fifth in that first half they were totally on the ropes. Go for the throat!
Utter Rubbish. The issue was that Arsenal were crap in the first half and they were not in the second. In the first half we had three shots on goal only but were clinical. In the second half we had far more and were not and we even missed a sitter.

Fuck me, I am starting to see why we never win games with fans in the stadium.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:34 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:12 pm For all those who say ‘ I don’t care if we win or lose , I just want to be entertained’ ......fuck that.

Then we decided to go back to the Football Moyes likes to play against the SKY 6..Sit back and let them dictate.That`s why it ended up 3-3.

I will play "1-0 to the Arsenal" Football if it meant a trophy at the end of it.

If we were a Chelsea,serial trophy winners(which the post was about),I wouldn't be happy that we had spent all them millions and I'm getting bored to death with the football being played..If you got money,you expect a bit of style.
I was entertained for the whole game. It was end to end at the end of the second half. Entertainment is one thing, winning games is another.

The first 30 mins we played well but Arsenal were shocking.

h69

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:49 pm
h69 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:10 pm

I would have taken a tense 1-0 win. Would have been a superb result.

At least the 'real fans' got what they wanted today apparently :lol: .
Depends if you watch football to be entertained. Although I hated the way we crumbled, as a football contest I thought it was a great watch. We could have walked away 5-2 winners, equally Arsenal could have done us 4-3.
Spot on. The game was very entertaining and both teams went for it. Either could have won it at the end as you say.

It seems entertaining game to some fans means 'West Ham hammering the opposition' which is all well and good but you cant expect opposition teams to be so bad for 90 mins. And it seems it is our fault when the opposition wake up after a bollocking and actually make a game of it.
That is why the fans expectations will never be met.

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:14 pm Humour me as I didn’t see the game .

3 goals up and we failed to win .

Why ?
Arsenal were pisspoor in the first half and we played well, had three shots and scored three goals. If you get a chance to see the Bowen goal, it was a quick free kick that the Arsenal players had turned their back on.

In the second, Arsenal were far better, presumably because they got a bollocking, especially down one flank and both sides had chances. We scored two own goals....one an unlucky deflection and one an attempt to clear a cross. At the death it was end to end but Antonio hit a post with a reasonably easy chance and Lacazette scored from a cross.

We missed Fornals but it was an entertaining game :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

Didn’t see any of it coz I was working and only heard one gal on the radio (Dawson’s) ffs. To draw 3-3 after scoring 5 goals has gotta be so unlucky though. Another own goal and we woulda scored 6 and beat ourselves. Wonder how many teams have done that before
COYI!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:34 pm

i wasn't referring to anyones post in particular teslar, just the comment of playing to be entertained is fine and dandy, but would take a scrappy 1-0 win and 3 points and a nice glow on a monday morning all day long. We are no where near the top 6 in terms of 1st team or strength in depth and have massively overachieved this season. But moyes has got a very decent tune out of what we have and i am suddenly rather addicted to winning, rather than that abject feeling normally associated with a monday morning. It of course remains to be seen if we run out of steam or spend to improve in the summer, im also like you pissed with moyes subs which really added nothing to the process but our bench is a stark choice currently.

We didnt lose and for the neutral it was an exciting game...about it really.