Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Post by hd1 »

Castiron wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:20 pm
hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:37 pm Anyone still got any doubts?
Not sure many people questioned his ability, pretty much a no brainer getting him in.
Think most people's concerns were that we needed a striker over Lingard, and let's be honest we still need one.
After all who would have got our goals if the defenders and Soucek hadn't turned up?.
Some people questioned his attitude and some whether he was a has been. His attitude on the pitch is spot on, and apparently off it on the training pitch as well, and he's definitely not a has been. At times he looked a different class tonight.

Yes we need at least one other striker, but also look at the top teams and they score goals from all over the pitch, not just their strikers.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:50 pm
Castiron wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:20 pm
Not sure many people questioned his ability, pretty much a no brainer getting him in.
Think most people's concerns were that we needed a striker over Lingard, and let's be honest we still need one.
After all who would have got our goals if the defenders and Soucek hadn't turned up?.
Some people questioned his attitude and some whether he was a has been. His attitude on the pitch is spot on, and apparently off it on the training pitch as well, and he's definitely not a has been. At times he looked a different class tonight.

Yes we need at least one other striker, but also look at the top teams and they score goals from all over the pitch, not just their strikers.
Same could be said of all the top teams having one or two top strikers.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’ve not changed my opinion at all .

If I’d seen the Villa and Blunts games ( I was working) it probably would have confirmed my thoughts that he IS a very good player even though he looked pretty average against Fulham.

Still of the opinion that we needed a Striker , central midfielder and left back more than we needed him though.

As I say until I see him make a difference my jury’s still out
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whatever anyone thought of Lingard before he turned up I don't see how anyone can criticise a loan deal tbh. The worst thing that could happen is that we spunk a decent sized wedge on loan fees and wages. Same with Dawson. Where's the downside ?

Still, I suppose it's something to criticise Moyes for on a quiet news day. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:50 pm Somebody should buy the dwarf a newer version of championship manager. What the fuck has lingard done in the last 3 years, that would make anybody interested? As usual the loan book is out. Fuck this pair of spiv cunts, hope they choke on their dildos
This aged well.

palerider

Post by palerider »

He's proved me wrong I don't mind admitting. And I've only ever been wrong once before, as the A&E department at Yeovil General can testify while removing the vacuum cleaner from my dick when I slipped on a banana skin while hoovering naked.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:38 pm He's proved me wrong I don't mind admitting. And I've only ever been wrong once before, as the A&E department at Yeovil General can testify while removing the vacuum cleaner from my dick when I slipped on a banana skin while hoovering naked.
Can easily happen my good man.
I find that a liberal smattering of lard ensures safe suction. But a word of warning, when in turbo mode it's always best to ensure that the nether regions are bald otherwise a swift Brazilian can ensue, with dire consequences.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:38 pm He's proved me wrong I don't mind admitting. And I've only ever been wrong once before, as the A&E department at Yeovil General can testify while removing the vacuum cleaner from my dick when I slipped on a banana skin while hoovering naked.
Any pics,my good man? :lol:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:01 pm
Now come on Terry it is obvious Sir Pale suffered a nasty and embarrassing accident at home whilst performing his household chores, probably a chance in a million that his todger became entrapped in the suction hose of a vacuum cleaner, requiring embarrassing intervention of the medical staff at his local hospital, after a 7 hour wait in the waiting room .

And you want a photo of it...... :o

Please have a bit of compassion for the poor man .... don't you think he has suffered enough......I can assure you that it is a very painful and not least embarrassing situation to be in, after I suffered a similar scenario at our milking parlour......and due to automation now.....and to make matters worse ...it doesn't stop until it has collected 5 litres of milk...... :shock: :shock:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:44 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:01 pm

Now come on Terry it is obvious Sir Pale suffered a nasty and embarrassing accident at home whilst performing his household chores, probably a chance in a million that his todger became entrapped in the suction hose of a vacuum cleaner, requiring embarrassing intervention of the medical staff at his local hospital, after a 7 hour wait in the waiting room .

And you want a photo of it...... :o

Please have a bit of compassion for the poor man .... don't you think he has suffered enough......I can assure you that it is a very painful and not least embarrassing situation to be in, after I suffered a similar scenario at our milking parlour......and due to automation now.....and to make matters worse ...it doesn't stop until it has collected 5 litres of milk...... :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: