West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:48 am
JayK wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:35 pm Gutted I missed the game coz was working but had the radio on. Outstanding result. This team really are something else this year ⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒
I don't envy you listening to that last 30 minutes on the radio Jay. Nice to get a couple of breaks as well. For the life of me I couldn't see how anyone could have seen an offside in the build up to our second and if the rebound off Son had gone in instead of coming off the post it would have qualified as fluke of the season.

But, boy, do I wish our game management was better. It would make for a less stressful watching experience if only we held onto the ball instead of thrashing it upfield when all our players are back defending for their lives. Not sure bringing on Benrahma for Bowen was a good idea tbh. Bowen didn't have his best game, although his cross for the first goal was top drawer, but we lost his defensive discipline when Benrahma came on and, FFS, what was he thinking when he threw the ball at Cresswell while he was covered by two Spurs players. Benrahma shows some very good footwork at times but, imo, still needs to improve his decision making. The whole team put in a good shift but a special word for Diop, who a lot of people seem not to trust. Imo he did a good job alongside Dawson in dealing with the second half bombardment.
I still refuse to subscribe to Black Sky Matters. And while I appreciate that there are alternatives, I've not bothered. On occasions I've popped next door to watch with my neighbour but he's a Saints fan and hasn't invited me lately. I think he's concerned about being grassed up. And tbh, although I've missed out watching vital wins, my superstitious self is convinced the only reason for our surge is because I'm not watching.

And listening on the radio has brought a feel of the 70's and 80's back for me. I've quite enjoyed it. Although I'll probably get Sky back next autumn once the farcical taking the knee dies a death.

Yesterday the weather was glorious in God's own country and I went for a 10k walk with my headphones on but must confess to turning off for the last 15 minutes as it was becoming too much.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Well done Lads , Terrific result in the end but expected no less from this team . Second half was back to the walls stuff at times , which I do not enjoy , game management has to be better Moyes .
Coufal had Son in his pocket , he is one very good RB , Soucek showed his ( Billy Bonds ) fighting spirit with the head injury , and carried on covered in blood .
Diop is growing and gaining the confidence he had when partnered with Balbuena , for me had to be MotM ( what a terrific turn around ) .
Still think Fredericks in for Bowen is the better option as Bowen's decision making is as bad as Benrahma's .
We need another striker , Antonio does not have the stamina to last a full match .
I would start Johnson over Cresswell at LB these days .
Only one team worries me and that is Man City , though I think our game management will lose us games we should be getting better results in . Not having a full squad doesn't help either and any injuries to the likes of Antonio - Lingard - Fornals - Rice/Soucek would have dire circumstances .
Anyway long may the journey and luck continue , onwards and upwards .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:00 am

I don't envy you listening to that last 30 minutes on the radio Jay. Nice to get a couple of breaks as well. For the life of me I couldn't see how anyone could have seen an offside in the build up to our second and if the rebound off Son had gone in instead of coming off the post it would have qualified as fluke of the season.

But, boy, do I wish our game management was better. It would make for a less stressful watching experience if only we held onto the ball instead of thrashing it upfield when all our players are back defending for their lives. Not sure bringing on Benrahma for Bowen was a good idea tbh. Bowen didn't have his best game, although his cross for the first goal was top drawer, but we lost his defensive discipline when Benrahma came on and, FFS, what was he thinking when he threw the ball at Cresswell while he was covered by two Spurs players. Benrahma shows some very good footwork at times but, imo, still needs to improve his decision making. The whole team put in a good shift but a special word for Diop, who a lot of people seem not to trust. Imo he did a good job alongside Dawson in dealing with the second half bombardment.
Took me another 30 minutes to remove my finger nails from the steering wheel :lol:

Agree, playing it out should be the choice rather than hoofing it back to them. Panic set in and sounded like cresswell definitely started to panic after their goal but that was purely commentators talk, don’t know for sure.

A knob at work (Southend fan) was creaming over bales shot (he watched the last 20). Said if it went in it woulda been goal of the season. My response “but it didn’t :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would have been no better than Lanzini's goal in the previous fixture tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

So an unknown Czech bloke,a guy Watford reserves didn't want,a CB that cant make our first team,and a FB we all wanted
replaced...against Bale,Son and Brucie...only one outcome.... :lol:

Little disappointed tbh ...thought we would outplay them and win easier....think Moyes thought the same...I like his
attitude...again...."We Have More Gears To Come"
I reckon that,gotta learn to press more intensely and keep possession,take time in the build up,pull the other team out..
But fuck all that...thats to come.
It's the Spuds...just beat them..and we did.

Reckon we have the best team spirit and togetherness out there at moment..great to see..love Tomas worried about
Vlad....both fantastic guys to have around..
Didn't think Dec could get any better,but he is.Everyone Played a part,even if was an "Ugly" win..played similar against Scouse
and lost....way it goes....key for us now is we always have goals in us....

Fuck me what a piss up that would have been afterwards..... :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:43 am

Took me another 30 minutes to remove my finger nails from the steering wheel :lol:

Agree, playing it out should be the choice rather than hoofing it back to them. Panic set in and sounded like cresswell definitely started to panic after their goal but that was purely commentators talk, don’t know for sure.

A knob at work (Southend fan) was creaming over bales shot (he watched the last 20). Said if it went in it woulda been goal of the season. My response “but it didn’t :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would have been no better than Lanzini's goal in the previous fixture tbh.
But he missed, soooo 😂😂😂
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Goal of the season load of old fucking Sky bollocks that cunt commentator was fucking itching the Vermin score
Wouldn’t come close to Lanzinis screamer.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Goal of the season load of old fucking Sky bollocks that cunt commentator was fucking itching the Vermin score
Wouldn’t come close to Lanzinis screamer.
Radio commentator was similar but never said it woulda been goal of the season. To be fair, they were saying how well we were defending too but were expecting a goal
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

The gibbon hit it well and it was a good strike.
But that was fuck all compared to obiang's goal at Wembley against them. I remember the commentator saying it was a great strike.
Personally I don't know about lloris saving it, but that was hit with such venom, it might have killed him!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:52 pm The gibbon hit it well and it was a good strike.
But that was fuck all compared to obiang's goal at Wembley against them. I remember the commentator saying it was a great strike.
Personally I don't know about lloris saving it, but that was hit with such venom, it might have killed him!
Ah yes another fucking cracker that was.

Towie

Post by Towie »

20 shots, 4 on target. We had only 4 shots and all on target.

Would suggest our strikers are better than theirs.

Fuck off Brucie. :lol: :lol:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.