West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Stat to piss us all off.

Moyes has never beaten a Mourinho team.(W0,D6,L8)

He has the worst record of ANY manager against him.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:14 am
Clayton wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:51 am This is a match we should have no problem winning , Tottenham have never been what I would call one of the top clubs in the league having never been consistently at the top so Moyes surely will not capitulate before a ball is kicked . They do have a considerably better record than us as far as cup wins goes and they did win the old 1st division a couple of times well before I was even born , but they now have a manager with one of the biggest ego's in football who has the silverware to back it up , and one of the worlds best strikers .
So I expect a Moyes back to the walls tragedy , hoping not to lose by to much , but hopefully the lads especially with Johnson showing the right attitude to show them what we are capable of with a early goal and push on to beat them soundly 2-1 .
Tottenham and West Ham, based on potential revenue streams back in the day when money through the turnstiles was pretty much the sole source of income, should have been on a par. But Spurs record is superior simply because, off the field, they have been a far better run club. They had major financial problems in the late 80s/early 90s just as we did some years later but because of a better run boardroom overcame their issues far better than we did.

I fail to see why we should have "no problem winning". They have arguably the best strike force pairing in the PL, have conceded fewer goals than we have, and player for player Kane & Son apart, there is , imo, little to choose between the two sides particularly as Reguilon is apparently still injured. One thing is absolutely certain imo. If we go "gung ho" we will come seriously unstuck. A degree of caution in any game is necessary and, imo, to describe our approach as "negative" is ludicrous. Most people consider Leeds a good watch because of their playing style but we have only scored 3 goals fewer than they have, And we've scored one more than Spurs, despite the presence of Kane & Son.

Imo it is this constant harping on about alleged "negativity", a view held by a fair few of our fans it seems, that convinces me that iof fans had been allowed into stadia this season we would be, at best, a mid table side. We simply do not have the players to play like Manchester City or Bayern Munich and, at least imo, we are producing decent, watchable performances most of the time. Of course there are occasions when standards drop but even Manchester City and Bayern Munich fall off their pedestals occasionally..

As for Sunday, I'm predicting 1-1.
Decent post..I fully agree with you.All these West Ham fans saying,we are going to"win easily" tomorrow.No chance.These are the games,we get all hyped up about and end up getting shafted.Man U and Liverpool at home come to mind.
As I put above,Moyes has never beaten a Josie Team and the bookies have Spurs slight favorites.They know Moyes struggles against the top teams and that`s why,even though we are in great form.
Takeaway the "Sky top 6" and we'd be top,because apart from Newcastle,they are the only teams that have beaten us this season.

I'd admit,if we didn't win,I'D BE VERY DISAPPOINTED THOUGH..

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:21 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Trappy little cockwomble

Him, not you :lol:
Although ... :lol:
Oi....... :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:11 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 am Moyes’ overall managerial record against the Vermin yields 1.03 ppg which at least gives us hope of getting a draw.

In fact the only Sky 6 team Moyes’ has a better managerial record against is (mostly a pre-Arab) Citeh at 1.38 ppg .

His record against the others is truly abysmal so maybe , just maybe he doesn’t consider Tottenham to be one of the “top” clubs.

Which is my little ray of hope .

Moyes won’t be negative tomorrow but I can’t see him “ going for it” vs them in a month of sundays.

Respect the point.
Have you also checked other managers' records against the so called top 6 by way of comparison ? Excluding the managers of the top 6 themselves of course.
This....you could even include "top 6" managers records against other "Top 6" Sides...there'd be a drop in win rates...

Moyes from what if seen is picking pretty much the same side and setting up the same for whoever we play...
Would in fact say we've been a bit unlucky against them,we've had a go at them more than usual IMO.

End of the day they are still better than us,but we're getting closer.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:22 am Stat to piss us all off.

Not true mate. Only one game but Bielsa, to name one, has only ever lost against Mourinho. ;)

It's also worth pointing out that Mourinho has always managed top 6 candidate clubs whereas Moyes, apart from his short spell at Man United has managed, either bang average or poor ones. I just wish we could enjoy the season we're having so far and stop the endless criticism. I get it that some people, for whatever reason, don't like Moyes but he's the best we are ever likely to get to manage West Ham.

Whether we like it or not he is rebuilding the reputation he gained at Everton, another club like us whose fans have ideas above their realistic situation imo, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility a bigger , better run, club might make an approach to him. Can you imagine the stick he'd get for lack of loyalty if that happened and he walked ? If it did wouldn't we deserve it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:16 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:22 am Stat to piss us all off.

Not true mate. Only one game but Bielsa, to name one, has only ever lost against Mourinho. ;)

It's also worth pointing out that Mourinho has always managed top 6 candidate clubs whereas Moyes, apart from his short spell at Man United has managed, either bang average or poor ones. I just wish we could enjoy the season we're having so far and stop the endless criticism. I get it that some people, for whatever reason, don't like Moyes but he's the best we are ever likely to get to manage West Ham.
The Gonz has suggested that DM is the best manager we have ever had. Apparently this version of DM is better than the first version. High praise indeed.

I would speculate that Thomas Frank would be a better West Ham manager. However that opinion is largely formed on his future potential and admiration of his work at/with Brentford.

The fact that in my opinion DM is too blunt a fellow to fully recognise the 'beautiful game' when it is thrust in front of his nose, is something we are all sharing with different levels of anxiety.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Rent boys getting fucked at the moment
We do the filth ,back to fourth place .

Nice.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:12 pm Rent boys getting fucked at the moment

Nice.
How the fuck that weren't a red for Werner I'll never know. Well over the top and he knew exactly what he was doing.
A very lucky boy.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Castiron wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:32 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:12 pm Rent boys getting fucked at the moment

Nice.
How the fuck that weren't a red for Werner I'll never know. Well over the top and he knew exactly what he was doing.
A very lucky boy.
Not watching it but apparently the Ref is Anthony Taylor
Another fucking prick official.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:06 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:16 pm

The Gonz has suggested that DM is the best manager we have ever had. Apparently this version of DM is better than the first version. High praise indeed.

I would speculate that Thomas Frank would be a better West Ham manager. However that opinion is largely formed on his future potential and admiration of his work at/with Brentford.

The fact that in my opinion DM is too blunt a fellow to fully recognise the 'beautiful game' when it is thrust in front of his nose, is something we are all sharing with different levels of anxiety.
Not sure about Frank tbh. Brentford choked last season at the death and after going top this season seem to be choking again. Happens that way sometimes. Go into nosebleed territory and it's a different kind of pressure. Some can handle it ----- but others------
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?