West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:46 pm Moaner reckons..we'll drop right down the the League,and the League will look a lot different come the end......

We'll See.......... :D
Trappy little cockwomble

Him, not you :lol:
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:46 pm Moaner reckons..we'll drop right down the the League,and the League will look a lot different come the end......

We'll See.......... :D
Trappy little cockwomble

Although ... :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:21 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Trappy little cockwomble

Although ... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

This is a game that Mrs doubtfire needs to read properly.

Capitulation to the totscum will not go down well.

The great whinger is probably losing the dressing room as usual but now, go for the jugular!
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

This is a match we should have no problem winning , Tottenham have never been what I would call one of the top clubs in the league having never been consistently at the top so Moyes surely will not capitulate before a ball is kicked . They do have a considerably better record than us as far as cup wins goes and they did win the old 1st division a couple of times well before I was even born , but they now have a manager with one of the biggest ego's in football who has the silverware to back it up , and one of the worlds best strikers .
So I expect a Moyes back to the walls tragedy , hoping not to lose by to much , but hopefully the lads especially with Johnson showing the right attitude to show them what we are capable of with a early goal and push on to beat them soundly 2-1 .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:51 am This is a match we should have no problem winning , Tottenham have never been what I would call one of the top clubs in the league having never been consistently at the top so Moyes surely will not capitulate before a ball is kicked . They do have a considerably better record than us as far as cup wins goes and they did win the old 1st division a couple of times well before I was even born , but they now have a manager with one of the biggest ego's in football who has the silverware to back it up , and one of the worlds best strikers .
So I expect a Moyes back to the walls tragedy , hoping not to lose by to much , but hopefully the lads especially with Johnson showing the right attitude to show them what we are capable of with a early goal and push on to beat them soundly 2-1 .
It’s 12 years since they finished outside the top 6.
I’d say that’s pretty consistent.

Yes , all things considered on current form we SHOULD win.
But we won’t . Moyes’ cowardly approach will see to that.

I’ll be happy with a draw but if Moyes proves me wrong I’ll be delighted to eat pie of the humble variety , even in defeat.

They don’t deserve the respect Moyes will show them .

Which saddens me.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:51 am This is a match we should have no problem winning , Tottenham have never been what I would call one of the top clubs in the league having never been consistently at the top so Moyes surely will not capitulate before a ball is kicked . They do have a considerably better record than us as far as cup wins goes and they did win the old 1st division a couple of times well before I was even born , but they now have a manager with one of the biggest ego's in football who has the silverware to back it up , and one of the worlds best strikers .
Tottenham and West Ham, based on potential revenue streams back in the day when money through the turnstiles was pretty much the sole source of income, should have been on a par. But Spurs record is superior simply because, off the field, they have been a far better run club. They had major financial problems in the late 80s/early 90s just as we did some years later but because of a better run boardroom overcame their issues far better than we did.

I fail to see why we should have "no problem winning". They have arguably the best strike force pairing in the PL, have conceded fewer goals than we have, and player for player Kane & Son apart, there is , imo, little to choose between the two sides particularly as Reguilon is apparently still injured. One thing is absolutely certain imo. If we go "gung ho" we will come seriously unstuck. A degree of caution in any game is necessary and, imo, to describe our approach as "negative" is ludicrous. Most people consider Leeds a good watch because of their playing style but we have only scored 3 goals fewer than they have, And we've scored one more than Spurs, despite the presence of Kane & Son.

Imo it is this constant harping on about alleged "negativity", a view held by a fair few of our fans it seems, that convinces me that iof fans had been allowed into stadia this season we would be, at best, a mid table side. We simply do not have the players to play like Manchester City or Bayern Munich and, at least imo, we are producing decent, watchable performances most of the time. Of course there are occasions when standards drop but even Manchester City and Bayern Munich fall off their pedestals occasionally..

As for Sunday, I'm predicting 1-1.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:14 am
Tottenham and West Ham, based on potential revenue streams back in the day when money through the turnstiles was pretty much the sole source of income, should have been on a par. But Spurs record is superior simply because, off the field, they have been a far better run club. They had major financial problems in the late 80s/early 90s just as we did some years later but because of a better run boardroom overcame their issues far better than we did.

I fail to see why we should have "no problem winning". They have arguably the best strike force pairing in the PL, have conceded fewer goals than we have, and player for player Kane & Son apart, there is , imo, little to choose between the two sides particularly as Reguilon is apparently still injured. One thing is absolutely certain imo. If we go "gung ho" we will come seriously unstuck. A degree of caution in any game is necessary and, imo, to describe our approach as "negative" is ludicrous. Most people consider Leeds a good watch because of their playing style but we have only scored 3 goals fewer than they have, And we've scored one more than Spurs, despite the presence of Kane & Son.

Imo it is this constant harping on about alleged "negativity", a view held by a fair few of our fans it seems, that convinces me that iof fans had been allowed into stadia this season we would be, at best, a mid table side. We simply do not have the players to play like Manchester City or Bayern Munich and, at least imo, we are producing decent, watchable performances most of the time. Of course there are occasions when standards drop but even Manchester City and Bayern Munich fall off their pedestals occasionally..

As for Sunday, I'm predicting 1-1.
goodpost:)

Too much bollocks about negative footy. We ain't no more negative than most teams in the league.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Moyes’ overall managerial record against the Vermin yields 1.03 ppg which at least gives us hope of getting a draw.

In fact the only Sky 6 team Moyes’ has a better managerial record against is (mostly a pre-Arab) Citeh at 1.38 ppg .

His record against the others is truly abysmal so maybe , just maybe he doesn’t consider Tottenham to be one of the “top” clubs.

Which is my little ray of hope .

Moyes won’t be negative tomorrow but I can’t see him “ going for it” vs them in a month of sundays.

Respect the point.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 am Moyes’ overall managerial record against the Vermin yields 1.03 ppg which at least gives us hope of getting a draw.

In fact the only Sky 6 team Moyes’ has a better managerial record against is (mostly a pre-Arab) Citeh at 1.38 ppg .

His record against the others is truly abysmal so maybe , just maybe he doesn’t consider Tottenham to be one of the “top” clubs.

Which is my little ray of hope .

Moyes won’t be negative tomorrow but I can’t see him “ going for it” vs them in a month of sundays.

Respect the point.
Have you also checked other managers' records against the so called top 6 by way of comparison ? Excluding the managers of the top 6 themselves of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?