West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 6524
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 620
x 439

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:14 am Antonio cannot start , we really do not need to rush him back , but the boss may think differently .

Fabianski ( Worries me , but the defence is state of the art )
Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Johnson
Rice - Soucek
Fredericks - Fornals - Benrahma
Lingard
I think we could tweak that lineup thus

Coufal - Dawson - Cresswell - Johnson
Rice - Soucek
Fredericks - Fornals - Benrahma
Lingard

Cresswell offers more utility going forward and better set piece delivery.

However, because DM is the person he is, I expect he will insert Noble into the team and then it all gets strange and lop sided.

I imagine the Gonz will produce 4 videos covering all permutations before Sunday, therefore being wrong three times and right once. Which is my batting average if we were to make comparisons.

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 6541
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 135
x 158

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:36 am
Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:14 am Antonio cannot start , we really do not need to rush him back , but the boss may think differently .

Fabianski ( Worries me , but the defence is state of the art )
Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Johnson
Rice - Soucek
Fredericks - Fornals - Benrahma
Lingard
I think we could tweak that lineup thus

Coufal - Dawson - Cresswell - Johnson
Rice - Soucek
Fredericks - Fornals - Benrahma
Lingard

Cresswell offers more utility going forward and better set piece delivery.

However, because DM is the person he is, I expect he will insert Noble into the team and then it all gets strange and lop sided.

I imagine the Gonz will produce 4 videos covering all permutations before Sunday, therefore being wrong three times and right once. Which is my batting average if we were to make comparisons.
The only problem I see with Cresswell playing as a CB in a back 4 is his lack of height otherwise I would definitely select him , as I really do not see him as a LB anymore .

User avatar
Towie
Posts: 2928
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm
x 405
x 214

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Moyes record so far versus the sky money big 6 this season, so don’t get your hopes up for this game.

Played 6
Won - 0
Draw - 2
Lost - 4

Son & Kane will give us big problems, hopefully they both get injured tonight. :twisted:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 4490
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 186
x 188

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Could do with them losing tonight, the return leg is on Wednesday and would need to put out their strongest team, rest their main men against us in order to progress to the next round of the EL........so tonight I am routing for RZ Pellets..........who the fuck are they?

Sounds like something that comes out of the back end of a rabbit ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 6779
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 426
x 451

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:36 am
Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:14 am Antonio cannot start , we really do not need to rush him back , but the boss may think differently .

Fabianski ( Worries me , but the defence is state of the art )
Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Johnson
Rice - Soucek
Fredericks - Fornals - Benrahma
Lingard
I think we could tweak that lineup thus

Coufal - Dawson - Cresswell - Johnson
Rice - Soucek
Fredericks - Fornals - Benrahma
Lingard

Cresswell offers more utility going forward and better set piece delivery.

However, because DM is the person he is, I expect he will insert Noble into the team and then it all gets strange and lop sided.

I imagine the Gonz will produce 4 videos covering all permutations before Sunday, therefore being wrong three times and right once. Which is my batting average if we were to make comparisons.
I hope he don't put Noble in.You never know with Moyes sometimes.We have only scored one goal with him,when his been on the field of play this season.Not saying,don`t bring him on,just don't start with him,because we are always poor when that happens.As you say,we lose our shape.

Let`s go for it.Spurs are not brimming with confidence and I feel the players aren't happy with Mourinho's negative tactics.But if we sit back and let them dominate and they score,they`ll gain that confidence quick enough..Son and Kane ALWAYS do well against us,so let`s hope Moyes does his homework.

User avatar
Ibbyham
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 pm
x 157
x 151

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

If Spuds lose tonight, they will be fired up against West Ham so I hope Spuds will get a draw tonight.. Hope to have lengthly injuries times will do for me tonight.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 12831
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 85
x 543

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 pm Could do with them losing tonight, the return leg is on Wednesday and would need to put out their strongest team, rest their main men against us in order to progress to the next round of the EL........so tonight I am routing for RZ Pellets..........who the fuck are they?

Sounds like something that comes out of the back end of a rabbit ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apparently they are the largest wood pellet manufacturer in Europe. Exciting stuff indeed.

Not.

https://www.facebook.com/rzpellets/
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Ibbyham
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 pm
x 157
x 151

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Harry Kane not in the squad tonight so he will be fired up aginst us :evil: :evil: :evil:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 6779
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 426
x 451

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:41 pm Harry Kane not in the squad tonight so he will be fired up aginst us :evil: :evil: :evil:
Rumour has it,his out of Sundays game.

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 7494
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 410
x 647

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:15 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:41 pm Harry Kane not in the squad tonight so he will be fired up aginst us :evil: :evil: :evil:
Rumour has it,his out of Sundays game.
You can bet your life that fucking chinny cunt I'll be there Sunday.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post Reply