Hammers Utd on talksport

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Hammers Utd on talksport

Post by BlackDiamond »

prince of wales wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:02 pm if I had gone on all blood and thunder they would have cut me off.Nobody has succseeded on Talksport so far so Andy tried a different approach and unfortunately it didnt work out.-An opportunity missed but nothing changes.The majority wand GSB out.COYI.
I enjoyed that but was lost as Andy very eloquently went round the houses. Simon Jordan in 30 secs reeled off the charges that could be made during their eleven year ownership.

By contrast, Andy seemed to get bogged down, in attempting to explain the supporter experience within the dynamic of the argument.

You can counter Jim White's "David Sullivan has put 100 million of his own money into the club" with the 100 million was secured as bank loans and then lent to the club (the principle is coming out again) at interest rates above the market rate.

Every decision has been taken for financial reasons with the intention to reward themselves, not grow the club as a business. That's the key No 1 charge. Asked and answered.

That should have been Andy's first sentence. His second sentence then should have been the polite, "thanks for inviting me on, I represent etc..."
then you go back to sentence number one and expand - that's how you nail a bastard to a piece of wood (figuratively speaking) ...

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

prince of wales wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:02 pm if I had gone on all blood and thunder they would have cut me off.Nobody has succseeded on Talksport so far so Andy tried a different approach and unfortunately it didnt work out.-An opportunity missed but nothing changes.The majority wand GSB out.COYI.
Hello Paul.
I think there’s such a lack of trust in this board that almost nobody has any faith whatsoever that negotiating with them will bare anything more than words, words, more words and delaying tactics with a simultaneous charm offensive focussed on acquiescence.
The fact that they appear to make pledges by word of mouth only and, from my limited understanding, they don’t even take meeting minutes/actions says all that’s needed to know on how serious they are with any kind of real reforms through negotiation.

Also, if I recall, the last movement ended somewhat badly shortly after attempts to engage directly with this board so people’s scepticism is understandable.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a heartfelt member and you folks are doing a superb job and I trust your judgement on these matters.
But, the reality is that there’s been little to nothing in the past to suggest that negotiating with these people will bring reforms of any real value.

But, best of luck to you all 👍🏻🤞🏻
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

Hi Tonet.There should be an announcement soon on a new Independent Supporters Committee.I remember debate on here saying we were mugs not joining the puppet OSB.-Saying we missed our chance.
Well I am confident our strategy will be proved right.
Will they talk constructively.-i hope so but if not then more fans will join the GSB out movement..
In the meantime the GSB out campaign continues.
Last week we wrote to the club re our members complaints that cars were being parked on the memorial plaques .This was resolved.-Dialogue can take placealongside GSB out.
LONG LIVE WEST HAM.

prince of wales

One other thing Tonet.Hammers United will be no patsy for the Board.We will not sell out.-Cheers mate.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

prince of wales wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:38 pm One other thing Tonet.Hammers United will be no patsy for the Board.We will not sell out.-Cheers mate.
Oh I know that mate 😊👍🏻
Good on you.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Hard to criticize a bloke for trying. It's very difficult to keep yourself in check talking to an arse licking cunt whose up the boards arse. I couldn't do it that's for sure, but I think the softly philosophical approach plays in to their hands. Personally I think the only way is protesting/ non attendance and definitely not buying any merchandise. Talking to this shite simply doesn't work, they come from a smarmy world unlike anything us mere mortals will ever encounter, thank fuck and are masters at being slippery.
Well done for having a go though and best of luck to all concerned.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:07 pm Hard to criticize a bloke for trying. It's very difficult to keep yourself in check talking to an arse licking cunt whose up the boards arse. I couldn't do it that's for sure, but I think the softly philosophical approach plays in to their hands. Personally I think the only way is protesting/ non attendance and definitely not buying any merchandise. Talking to this shite simply doesn't work, they come from a smarmy world unlike anything us mere mortals will ever encounter, thank fuck and are masters at being slippery.
They operate in a world where only two things, money & power, matter. It is the only language they understand. The power is easily achieved by retaining 51% of the shares and having the power means keeping control of the money tap.

Anyone who believes that a stubborn old bastard with enough money to employ his own private security is going to voluntarily walk away because of a few black balloons, people marching along shouting slogans and a nut job or two sticking a corner flag in the centre circle is seriously fooling themselves.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:07 pm Hard to criticize a bloke for trying. It's very difficult to keep yourself in check talking to an arse licking cunt whose up the boards arse. I couldn't do it that's for sure, but I think the softly philosophical approach plays in to their hands. Personally I think the only way is protesting/ non attendance and definitely not buying any merchandise. Talking to this shite simply doesn't work, they come from a smarmy world unlike anything us mere mortals will ever encounter, thank fuck and are masters at being slippery.
I'm not having a pop at the guy. He got up there and did it, I didn't.
I've got the utmost respect for him for having the belief that he can make a difference, and having a go.
I'm just disappointed that he had so much time to really get the point across.
White & Jordan were flummoxed that they got off so lightly :lol:

prince of wales

Whiskeyman,you do love insulting me.We have never met.We live in the same town and i have offered to meet and chat all things West Ham. I dont know why you insult me but you do yourself no favours.I also note that you sent me 2 personal messages which you subsequently deleted.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

prince of wales wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:09 pm Whiskeyman,you do love insulting me.We have never met.We live in the same town and i have offered to meet and chat all things West Ham. I dont know why you insult me but you do yourself no favours.I also note that you sent me 2 personal messages which you subsequently deleted.
:o