West Ham vs WBA Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: West Ham vs WBA Official Match Thread

Post by hd1 »

After conceding a goal tonight, can I be the first to say

DAWSON OUT!

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer »

Credit where it's due.
That finish by Antonio was quite Halleresque.
Though I'd say that Bowen's unorthodox striking technique was even more impressive.
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Eve Varley joins the board and we score with a nipple

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Nice one again lads. Another 3 points in the sky rocket.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Fucking ell, just saw the table. 5 points in front of the arse, 3 points in front of the KGB and only 2 points behind the yids. London's finest thats us. Who would have thunk it. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:26 pm SO

He replaced the only available striker with fucking Noble AND got away with it .

And Moyes ain’t lucky ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck me I ain’t laughed so much since Auntie Mabel got her left tit caught in the mangle.
Replacing Antonio with Noble was odd to say the least. But, hang on a mo, wasn't it you who criticised Moyes for leaving Antonio on too long against Burnley ? Or am I imagining things again ? ;)
Didn’t criticise him for it as such after the Burnley game because I didn’t see it , I never got to see this game either but I would have thought that if he was fit enough to see out the 90 on Saturday when there WAS an available replacement on the bench , albeit a youngster , then Antonio is fit enough to see out the last 10 mins last night when there WASNT a striker on the bench .

Instead he brought on Noble and pretty much risked destroying, in 10 short minutes , everything he’s supposed to have built and what everybody is creaming their jeans over....

Does that make sense ? I’m trying not to contradict myself here :D
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:36 am

Replacing Antonio with Noble was odd to say the least. But, hang on a mo, wasn't it you who criticised Moyes for leaving Antonio on too long against Burnley ? Or am I imagining things again ? ;)
Didn’t criticise him for it as such after the Burnley game because I didn’t see it , I never got to see this game either but I would have thought that if he was fit enough to see out the 90 on Saturday when there WAS an available replacement on the bench , albeit a youngster , then Antonio is fit enough to see out the last 10 mins last night when there WASNT a striker on the bench .

Instead he brought on Noble and pretty much risked destroying, in 10 short minutes , everything he’s supposed to have built and what everybody is creaming their jeans over....

You could see at around 80 minutes he had a shot that so poor, and he was blowing out his arse. We'd have risked him getting injured had he stayed on. The issue was we only had defenders and Noble left on the bench.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

hd1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:46 am

You could see at around 80 minutes he had a shot that so poor, and he was blowing out his arse. We'd have risked him getting injured had he stayed on. The issue was we only had defenders and Noble left on the bench.
Thing is Noble doesn't offer anything defensively anymore, it seems his pace has gotten too slow for him to tackle, players can just run around him. If he tackles he will just give away set pieces.

What he can still do to is distribute passes and protect the ball (win a set piece) when he gets the ball to his feet.

Which is of no use when the other team is desperate-hoofing looking for an equalizer.

If we are going to protect the win were better of putting on an extra defender who can tackle and win headers.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

A solid win against a team we seem to have a habit of drawing against (at least in recent years). Have to be happy with that. 😆
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Makes sense. My criticism of Moyes last night is that we had THREE central defenders on the bench, two wing backs and not a single striker, unless we consider Yarmolenko a striker as opposed to him being a winger/midfielder.

Surely it must be apparent to everyone on the coaching staff, so I don't just blame Moyes here, that Noble just can't do it anymore and that it's time to bid him a fond farewell. I'm sure if he sees coaching as his future vocation there are plenty of clubs lower down the scale who would welcome him on board. He's been, as far as we all know, a model professional, only appearing on the back pages, and, in his time, a decent player with a wealth of experience to draw on.

I hated in when Billy Bonds carried on playing too long and became, tbh, a bit of an embarrassment in his last couple of seasons which was a shame. Quit while you''re ahead is always a decent policy imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?