For the Rice noshers

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

For the Rice noshers

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Gonz declares Declan as the leagues best midfielder. High praise indeed...

Newmarket

Re: For the Rice noshers

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:17 pm

The Gonz declares Declan as the leagues best midfielder. High praise indeed...
The boy does tend to get a bit carried away bless him
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

He looks like a bloke who used to post on here.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:21 pm He looks like a bloke who used to post on here.
I thought I recognised him from somewhere. And didn't he have an illegal Uzbek haggis chomper with a scotch accent as a sidekick.
Forget where they come from, some people.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Not seen the video. But if he really has said he's the best midfielder in the league the plot has been well and truly lost. Of course Rice is good. Very good. But how do you compare Rice doing the job he does with, say deBruyne or Fernandes ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Well to be fair he plays a different role to those two. Needless to say he is a far better defensive Midfielder that those two. By the same standard, they are far better attacking or creative midfielders than he is.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:15 pm Well to be fair he plays a different role to those two. Needless to say he is a far better defensive Midfielder that those two. By the same standard, they are far better attacking or creative midfielders than he is.
Exactly my point. Chalk and cheese. So what's the point in comparisons ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:10 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:21 pm He looks like a bloke who used to post on here.
I thought I recognised him from somewhere. And didn't he have an illegal Uzbek haggis chomper with a scotch accent as a sidekick.
Forget where they come from, some people.
Yes. They're the ones.

I heard the Uzbek had moved to Aberdeen to run a glamping site for transgender Afghans and the scruffy one was last seen busking at the Cannes film festival after his adaptation of Debbie does Dallas had bombed.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:31 am
Flairon wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:15 pm Well to be fair he plays a different role to those two. Needless to say he is a far better defensive Midfielder that those two. By the same standard, they are far better attacking or creative midfielders than he is.
Exactly my point. Chalk and cheese. So what's the point in comparisons ?
I concur wholeheartedly Sir. 😆
Flairon

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

We had a similar discussion a while back..on the Maradona thing...people were saying he was the worlds best "Footballer"
Don't agree...maybe could argue up there with worlds best Forwards/strikers....best Overall Footballer No.
Think you have to say best in a certain position...
Even Mooro...Worlds greatest defender at time ..biasedly.. all day long... :D ..Arguably still yes ..maybe Beckenbauer tho.
Worlds greatest Footballer probably No.

But then you can take it a stage further...thats where players like Declan come in.He's a footballer...not a striker,Center Half,
not a FB...not a creator No10 type...is he a sitter..a No 8...Plays the sitting role for us and England,even that's slightly
different in how it works...much deeper with England...has a one stays one goes thing with Soucek when with us.

The fact he plays all those roles or could do...even give the CF thing a good crack....makes him a better Footballer than most.
D'Bruyne best around,would you be happy with him at CB or sitting....he maybe cant do Decs job,but Dec could have a good
crack at his...so who's the better player.

Can honestly say there's not a Player out there I'd swap him for at moment...that says a lot.

Brucie at the Spuds is right up there for me as well, up there with Declan in fact.....Really Really good all round footballer,
Could easily play MF..