Yorkshire Ripper

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
dorsetdano

Yorkshire Ripper

Post by dorsetdano »

On the whole I'm not a fan of capitol punishment, but mass murderer's, serial rapists and child killers should cop it if you ask me; so I wasn't in the least bit bothered that he went to hell yesterday.

What did impress me hugely was Richard McCann who was the only son of the first victim dying. Despite having the most awful start in life, he appears to have overcome huge obstacles and he was incredibly articulate in the few interviews I saw him do yesterday. He's written a couple of books about his journey through life so far and I'll certainly be giving them a look.

Newmarket

Re: Yorkshire Ripper

Post by Newmarket »

dorsetdano wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:54 am On the whole I'm not a fan of capitol punishment, but mass murderer's, serial rapists and child killers should cop it if you ask me; so I wasn't in the least bit bothered that he went to hell yesterday.

What did impress me hugely was Richard McCann who was the only son of the first victim dying. Despite having the most awful start in life, he appears to have overcome huge obstacles and he was incredibly articulate in the few interviews I saw him do yesterday. He's written a couple of books about his journey through life so far and I'll certainly be giving them a look.
Good riddance to an evil creature I say
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Agree. We shouldn’t waste tax payers money on these types
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:35 am Agree. We shouldn’t waste tax payers money on these types
The whole process of releasing prisoners back into society is based on the belief that they’ve been rehabilitated.

If a criminal has been marked ‘never to be released’, then it’s logical to suggest that they can not be rehabilitated.

That being the case, they should get the injection.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

There is something morally wrong..when a person can bring so much pain and suffering......beyond what most of
us can imagine...not a one off murder..which can happen...but a planned premeditated "Lifestyle" of Murder and Rape..
Then get a whole life sentence and be allowed to institutionalise and get to live what for them will become a Normal life..
One off offenders ..we can argue a case...repeat offenders...thats your lot..IMO...

It's just not right or fair the present system...

But TBH ,last place I would want anyone that "Hurt" any of my Family or friends is tucked up in a nice warm cell,getting
3 meals a day...Having Gym time and Reading, and maybe Learning Computer Science or some other interest they have...

Would like a chance to question them..if you get my drift..... ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Most people over 50 will remember the hunt for the Ripper.

Very scary times,especially in Yorkshire.

I was just a kid and use to think,I am glad I don't live there. Then a couple year later,Muswell Hill(where I lived) had it`s own serial killer,Dennis Nilsen.

Everyone was relieved, when the Ripper was finally caught 2nd January 1981,I can still remember it like yesterday.Amazingly,he was questioned NINE times.

May he rot in hell.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Many a pint of Yorkshire’s finest will be drunk celebrating the demise of this piece of fucking shit.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:45 am
JayK wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:35 am Agree. We shouldn’t waste tax payers money on these types
The whole process of releasing prisoners back into society is based on the belief that they’ve been rehabilitated.

If a criminal has been marked ‘never to be released’, then it’s logical to suggest that they can not be rehabilitated.

Absolutely Oz!! Some are wrong thinking those can be rehabilitated too. Pretty sure there was a guy recently who was let out early and then went on a terrorist rampage
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:03 pm Most people over 50 will remember the hunt for the Ripper.

Very scary times,especially in Yorkshire.

I was just a kid and use to think,I am glad I don't live there. Then a couple year later,Muswell Hill(where I lived) had it`s own serial killer,Dennis Nilsen.

Everyone was relieved, when the Ripper was finally caught 2nd January 1981,I can still remember it like yesterday.Amazingly,he was questioned NINE times.

May he rot in hell.
Saw the show on Nilsen recently. Was quite interesting. David Tennant played him well
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:35 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:45 am

Absolutely Oz!! Some are wrong thinking those can be rehabilitated too. Pretty sure there was a guy recently who was let out early and then went on a terrorist rampage
My ex-missus is a community corrections officer (effectively a parole officer), and she reckons that at least 90% of the parolees that have to report to her are repeat offenders.

Which begs the (rhetorical) question - when is enough enough? Where do you draw the line?