Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by ToneLoc »

Even if so, I think he should be on the bench for this one.
Moyes just playing with fire and will run him into the ground if he persists in starting him every game.

Moyes has to work on a plan B to get more from Haller.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

only1salty wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:13 am I like Haller - touch of class.

Lacks mobility and pace though. Similar to Giroud.

Needs to have a player around him like Bowen but would mean a change of formation and to play off him not to him like we do Antonio
Good shout with the comparison ....think Haller has even more about him....Bloody enigma at the moment with him..

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Do we dump this thread in the Trash.............. got 30 days to get it back..... :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:44 am Do we dump this thread in the Trash.............. got 30 days to get it back..... :lol:
😂 absolutely should. What I saw (wherever it was) was obviously wrong
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

JayK wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:53 am
mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:44 am Do we dump this thread in the Trash.............. got 30 days to get it back..... :lol:
Nah ..we all saw it jay....and not far off the truth,he will miss games,just depends how many..

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:56 pm

Nah ..we all saw it jay....and not far off the truth,he will miss games,just depends how many..
Well if Moyes keeps abusing the poor thing it's going to be more then a couple of games missed .

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:40 am Even if so, I think he should be on the bench for this one.
Moyes just playing with fire and will run him into the ground if he persists in starting him every game.

Moyes has to work on a plan B to get more from Haller.
Totally agree. Even if he seems to be OK this time, its just a matter of time.

Moyes is really growing on me, but for me, one of the things he needs to do for him to get a new contract is he needs to be a "manager" and get something out of Haller like he did with Antonio himself and Arnie. He is not crap, he is our only striker and he cost 45m (who at the time I think he was worth every penny), we are still trying to pay for him and he is not going anywhere at the moment.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

INTERNET RUMOUR IS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS SHOCKER

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:08 pm

INTERNET RUMOUR IS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS SHOCKER

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It’ll be true soon enough though, as we’re all expecting. That’s why I believed what I saw
COYI!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Castiron wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:02 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:47 pm
"Moyes knew Noble is spent, so got Soucek in" So why the fuck did he still play Noble until he got injured ? Got Hugill in didn't he and for £10 million at that. I don't blame Moyes for everything but I'm not short-sighted like you and call him all the names in the book one minute and then change when he gets lucky like against Spurs. And any manager who can't get the best out of Haller (24 goals in 60 Bundesliga games and only aged 23 ) is in the wrong job.
My get Moyes out comment was tongue in cheek, ie "Stay the fuck at home as we were winning".
Moyes wouldn't have been my first choice as manager, but do you know what, he's fucking earnt some respect, because of the performances that we've put in.
How many times I've sat and watched us roll over time and time again. 'We've got no bottle', ''Fucking cunts, hang your heads'. Get my drift?
Whether that lasts remains to be seen, but all the while we are putting a bit of pride back in the club, with no help from the cunts above, I will support Moyes and trust him to make the right decisions.
It's laughable, if you or any one else thinks that he picked Antonio when he wasn't fit.
If Antonio has declared himself fit and the physios have declared him fit, then he has to play him.
Haller had plenty of chances last season to make an impact, he didn't fucking take them.
Antonio took his chance, and we would have gone down without him and we would be bottom of the league now, of that I have no doubt.
Mind you, you'd still have something to moan about and have a dig if we were top I guess.
I've got no problem with anyone expressing their opinion however forcibly, it can make for some good banter. The reality is the warning signs were there against Spurs when Antonio apparently was taken off because he felt a twinge and not because of any master tactical change that some hastily thought was the case. As for Haller, no I doubt think he has been given much of a chance certainly none this year (although he was only on the pitch for 5 mins against a very good Wolves defence and scored ) and last year he was second top scorer I believe with very poor service. As for Antonio, who I've always liked btw, it wasn't because of him we stayed up as he played most of the season. It was a case of who didn't play against Chelsea that turned our fortunes around and made sure we didn't go down again. And for the record I've only moaned about the real problem we have had over the last few years and am not a buck passer like some. I notice plenty are aware and moan about exactly the same thing now. When you made that comment we were losing so you can hardly try and pass it off as "tongue in cheek". I'm not that gullible. ;)