Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 am
Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:03 am

Haller didn't look that uninterested or lazy when playing with the likes of the other uninterested or lazy ones Anderson - Yarmalenko and Lanzini , yes I know it was against lower opposition . Moyes needs to find a fit for Haller in the starting eleven like he did with Antonio , if memory serves me right many fans wanted Antonio sold before Moyes started using him as a front man in a formation built for him , same with Fornals many wanted him sold , look what has come of Masuaku with a change of system . Now your saying bring in Lanzini another many have slagged off lately , but since his wonder goal he is back in many fans good books .
We all have seen what Haller is capable of in the right system and the right players around him , Moyes needs to come to terms with that .
Yeah far as I'm aware..Haller has never been a "Target Man" CF that we seem to like...always played in a deeper role
in a front 3 type of thing...is why I always wanted a 3 of Him with Micky and Bowen..not one or the other,both together.
does seem to have more to his game,good eye for a pass.....the Rabona pass that put Micky thru from the halfway line,
is one of the most beautiful things seen on a footie pitch...forgotten who it was against at moment...
Now Andersons gone and Jack...we have Lanzini or Fornals that can sit in MF linking up...with him and other 2.

Means a 4-3-3 tho and that aint gonna happen anytime soon.
MK couldn't play 4-3-3 with Cresswell or Masuaku at LB that's for sure , maybe Johnson who actually looked better there then at RB . Fornals or Lanzini could go into midfield with Rice and Soucek , with Bowen and Benrahma playing as wing forwards or inside forwards whatever they are called now .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:43 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 am

Yeah far as I'm aware..Haller has never been a "Target Man" CF that we seem to like...always played in a deeper role
in a front 3 type of thing...is why I always wanted a 3 of Him with Micky and Bowen..not one or the other,both together.
does seem to have more to his game,good eye for a pass.....the Rabona pass that put Micky thru from the halfway line,
is one of the most beautiful things seen on a footie pitch...forgotten who it was against at moment...
Now Andersons gone and Jack...we have Lanzini or Fornals that can sit in MF linking up...with him and other 2.

Means a 4-3-3 tho and that aint gonna happen anytime soon.
MK couldn't play 4-3-3 with Cresswell or Masuaku at LB that's for sure , maybe Johnson who actually looked better there then at RB . Fornals or Lanzini could go into midfield with Rice and Soucek , with Bowen and Benrahma playing as wing forwards or inside forwards whatever they are called now .
Yeah we still have plenty of options Clay........but sorting the defence out limits what we can actual do.....good fullbacks,
the whole game opens up.....Vitally important players now...only gotta take at look at all the top clubs,the importance
they put on them.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Been putting over some decent crosses /free kicks lately
Haller might thrive on the improved service

Who knows.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:53 pm Been putting over some decent crosses /free kicks lately
Haller might thrive on the improved service

Who knows.
Spot on Dwayne .....without VVD they are vulnerable in the air at the back,. Get those crosses in for Tomas Soucek to nod in 3 or 4.... :P

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Fabinho hamstring injury for the dippers......
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:06 pm Fabinho hamstring injury for the dippers......
Pity it weren't Salah :roll:

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Is Antonio playing this Saturday? I am not 100% sure if he is out for 6 weeks as I did not hear anything from any souces.

Liverpool Fabinho is injured and not sure Jordan Henderson is injured as he was subbed just before 2nd half started.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I don't think Benrahma will be match fit.

I think it will be an entertaining 2-1 loss, their front three are too good to keep out.

Haller was worth every penny when we bought him, Moyes has to find a way to make him work without losing what we have.

Fab
Balbuena Oggy Cress
Coufal Soucek Rice Arthur
El Fornacador
Bowen Haller

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:17 am I don't think Benrahma will be match fit.

I think it will be an entertaining 2-1 loss, their front three are too good to keep out.

Haller was worth every penny when we bought him, Moyes has to find a way to make him work without losing what we have.

Fab
Balbuena Oggy Cress
El Fornacador
Bowen Haller
I don't really see why Benrahma isn't fit tbh. There wasn't a long close season this time round and Brentford's season started at the same time as ours . I'm assuming he played for them in their early games. I would expect him to be on the bench tbh. Hopefully he'll be ready and I'm looking forward to him proving my reservations about him to be unfounded.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:15 am
BCHammer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:17 am I don't think Benrahma will be match fit.

Fab
Balbuena Oggy Cress
El Fornacador
Bowen Haller
I don't really see why Benrahma isn't fit tbh. There wasn't a long close season this time round and Brentford's season started at the same time as ours . I'm assuming he played for them in their early games. I would expect him to be on the bench tbh. Hopefully he'll be ready and I'm looking forward to him proving my reservations about him to be unfounded.
I tend to agree with the video by Der Fuhrer.

The French Sloth needs someone pacey alongside him. That Diangana kid is quick. Moyes has previous for converting wingers into strikers.

Oh........hang on.

Lanzini alongside Haller. I wouldn't change Bowen's role. Tough on Fornals who I'd bench for the greater good but Lanzini is quicker.