Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Chat about anything football related here!
Shortshanks

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Shortshanks »

And just for the record seeing as some have brought up Pellegrini, and I'm not a fan because in my eyes anyone who plays that fucking tortoise in our midfield I have reservations about, his record is vastly superior to Moyes even at West Ham.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am There may be trouble ahead 🙈
Nothing on West Ham various websites that says Antonio out for 6 weeks.

C&H only saying a good idea to rest Antonio against Liverpool knowing we will never win up there and may use Haller or Yarmolenko up front.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Well there’s defiantly a player in Haller, it’s now up to Moyes to get the best out of him. Make him the false 9, have him win aerial duels in the midfield & Bowen & Benny feed of the scraps. Work with Cresswell and Arfur putting crosses on his head (Snodgrass in deft at that too). Just get him involved and I’ll think you’ll see the player once he get his confidence back.
#fuckqatar2022

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:38 pm
Castiron wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:48 pm
Yeah, let's get Pellegrini back.
Nice dumb response
Almost as dumb as blaming Moyes for all our problems. I'm sure he would have wanted Haller out, but no cunt wants him.
He identified the positions we needed players and he wasn't backed. Instead Mr Sullivan gave him one of his little presents as a sweetener.
Moyes knew Noble is spent, so got Soucek in. Thought that might have given him some brownie points in your book.
He knew we needed a right back and got Coufal in.
He wouldn't have got a right back if the amount to pay was over £10m, so took a punt on Coufal, and up until now it's paid off.
Most on here, including me, thought we'd be propping the table up at this point in the season.
One dimensional maybe, but you can only use the tools handed to you, and I think he's used those tools very well so far.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:36 pm
Castiron wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:48 pm
Yeah, let's get Pellegrini back.
Pellegrini should never have been manager like the board should never have been our owners , and Moyes should never have relied on Antonio staying fit , his record speaks for it self .
Moyes should have rested Antonio instead of as SS puts it , "ploughed on regardless and the fact Moyes appears one dimensional" , because in my eyes he has and is .
Laughable.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Castiron wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:02 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Nice dumb response
Almost as dumb as blaming Moyes for all our problems. I'm sure he would have wanted Haller out, but no cunt wants him.
He identified the positions we needed players and he wasn't backed. Instead Mr Sullivan gave him one of his little presents as a sweetener.
Moyes knew Noble is spent, so got Soucek in. Thought that might have given him some brownie points in your book.
He wouldn't have got a right back if the amount to pay was over £10m, so took a punt on Coufal, and up until now it's paid off.
Most on here, including me, thought we'd be propping the table up at this point in the season.
One dimensional maybe, but you can only use the tools handed to you, and I think he's used those tools very well so far.
"Moyes knew Noble is spent, so got Soucek in" So why the fuck did he still play Noble until he got injured ? Got Hugill in didn't he and for £10 million at that. I don't blame Moyes for everything but I'm not short-sighted like you and call him all the names in the book one minute and then change when he gets lucky like against Spurs. And any manager who can't get the best out of Haller (24 goals in 60 Bundesliga games and only aged 23 ) is in the wrong job.

Post by Castiron » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:48 pm
Fuck off home Moyes :lol: :lol:

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:47 pm
Castiron wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:02 pm
"Moyes knew Noble is spent, so got Soucek in" So why the fuck did he still play Noble until he got injured ? Got Hugill in didn't he and for £10 million at that. I don't blame Moyes for everything but I'm not short-sighted like you and call him all the names in the book one minute and then change when he gets lucky like against Spurs. And any manager who can't get the best out of Haller (24 goals in 60 Bundesliga games and only aged 23 ) is in the wrong job.
My get Moyes out comment was tongue in cheek, ie "Stay the fuck at home as we were winning".
Moyes wouldn't have been my first choice as manager, but do you know what, he's fucking earnt some respect, because of the performances that we've put in.
How many times I've sat and watched us roll over time and time again. 'We've got no bottle', ''Fucking cunts, hang your heads'. Get my drift?
Whether that lasts remains to be seen, but all the while we are putting a bit of pride back in the club, with no help from the cunts above, I will support Moyes and trust him to make the right decisions.
It's laughable, if you or any one else thinks that he picked Antonio when he wasn't fit.
If Antonio has declared himself fit and the physios have declared him fit, then he has to play him.
Haller had plenty of chances last season to make an impact, he didn't fucking take them.
Antonio took his chance, and we would have gone down without him and we would be bottom of the league now, of that I have no doubt.
Mind you, you'd still have something to moan about and have a dig if we were top I guess.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:20 am Would have rested Mickey for City and Scouse games after the twinge at Spuds...we were warned...mistake playing him
IMO...could have had him him fit and firing for the games we need to win...opportunity to try a slightly different system
without him, knowing at points along the season he will need resting.

Also, and hate saying this as love the guy to bits,always rated him as one of our best players...maybe we have to start looking
at him as an impact Sub...or just play him for an hour every game,it's a bit obvious now...he aint a 90 min 38 game man.

Had this prob since we've had him..obviously our fitness coaches can't get the better of it,so no other options...
...just our fuckin luck...

Would do a like for like at Scouse, same system with Haller instead of Mickey...give that 3 Games if no good...get shot of
Haller in Jan if poss..gutted but it is what it is...and all out for a Top Class Striker...Mickey still gets starts when fit,but
back out in a wider role

I would agree with the impact sub idea if we were talking about the old Antonio. The re invented version has become a key component in the system Moyes has developerd and unfortunately we don't seem to have anyone else suited to it.

And all very well and good saying let's bring in a top class striker. Top class strikers don't join clubs like West Ham. We will have to either bring in a once decent striker now past his sell by or take a punt on someone like Bowen. A Championship player who the coaches feel has the ability to make the step up.

Personally I'd have gone for Kevin Volland when he decided to quit Leverkusen. I've always rated this guy but he decided to opt for a nice tax free lifestyle on the Mediterranean coast with A S Monaco.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

And just for the record, I hope if Haller gets his chance, he smashes a fucking hatrick and proves me wrong.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Castiron wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:22 pm And just for the record, I hope if Haller gets his chance, he smashes a fucking hatrick and proves me wrong.
And he won't smile when he does and everyone will moan about it :roll: