West Ham vs Manchester City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: West Ham vs Manchester City Official Match Thread

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:05 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:46 pm A bit worrying that 2 games on the trot, Antonio has to come off.
I think last week was tactical as he wasn’t having his best game. Today he was playing well so hopefully it’s just precautionary.

Encouraging that after seeing the fixtures at the start of the season I thought we would have four points at this stage. But we have eight so only a 32 more and we should be safe for another season.
Apparently Moyes said Antonio was withdrawn due to a tightness in his hamstring. The concern is that this was the second game in a row that he has felt it.
Flairon

Post by 9898 »

How do we stop teams having so much joy down our right side?
They was a threat all day down the right.
There gial came from Cancelo slaughtering one of our players on the right side?

Do we need physical changes to sort out this problem?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:56 am How do we stop teams having so much joy down our right side?
They was a threat all day down the right.
There gial came from Cancelo slaughtering one of our players on the right side?

Do we need physical changes to sort out this problem?
Morning Troll boy, you've started early today.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:59 am

I think last week was tactical as he wasn’t having his best game. Today he was playing well so hopefully it’s just precautionary.

Encouraging that after seeing the fixtures at the start of the season I thought we would have four points at this stage. But we have eight so only a 32 more and we should be safe for another season.
Apparently Moyes said Antonio was withdrawn due to a tightness in his hamstring. The concern is that this was the second game in a row that he has felt it.
Unfortunately he does have a history of hamstring issues. 12 months ago it wouldn't have mattered tbh but he has become one of our key players with his performances since being moved to the central strikers role. And we have no one similar to perform the same job. Hopefully he'll be OK for the visit to Anfield because he might get some joy against a van Dijk-less defence.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Surely Moyes should have realised at some point just maybe this would happen with Antonio , especially if he had looked at Antonio's injury history . Moyes decided at some point with is limited ability that Antonio could be his new ( old ) Arnie , take him away and we are toothless ( surprisingly ) , what I still do not understand is why we did not designate this position a priority in the transfer window .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Surely Moyes should have realised at some point just maybe this would happen with Antonio , especially if he had looked at Antonio's injury history . Moyes decided at some point with is limited ability that Antonio could be his new ( old ) Arnie , take him away and we are toothless ( surprisingly ) , what I still do not understand is why we did not designate this position a priority in the transfer window .
Maybe he's lining Benny up for this role?
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Different type of player Jay.

Moyes will have to discover a new formation and method without Antonio. Tbh, including the 9 games since lockdown last season, I'm surprised he's lasted this long given the problems he has with his hamstring.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:43 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Different type of player Jay.

Moyes will have to discover a new formation and method without Antonio. Tbh, including the 9 games since lockdown last season, I'm surprised he's lasted this long given the problems he has with his hamstring.
I got an idea, in training have our starting defense & cdms play against a false 9 in a front 3, that way when a team does it to you 2 weeks in a row in a match, it won’t take a goal or 3 to fix it.
#fuckqatar2022

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Think he was when trying to sign king
and sorry think I reported you post by mistake :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dagger wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:15 pm

Think he was when trying to sign king
and sorry think I reported you post by mistake :lol:
You Donut , I was just approaching the vinegar strokes ...

The African Grey was most disappointed.
Bring back Jonathon !