Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Post by 9898 »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:11 am
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:58 am Who gives a fuck if they take a knee or not?

Every decent person will realise that all lives matter someone taking a knee really doesn’t influence my thoughts on the matter.

I’m just interested in the football.
I just think it's getting boring now.
You're a horrible little racist who moves to the back of beyond because you're scared your opinions will get the shit beating out of you in the real world.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:58 am Who gives a fuck if they take a knee or not?

Every decent person will realise that all lives matter someone taking a knee really doesn’t influence my thoughts on the matter.

I’m just interested in the football.
It's been boring since it became a regular feature and of course that also means that any impact the gesture might have had has lost any impact, And what's even more boring is that when they show the kick off on a highlight show they insist on showing the knee taking mullarkey before it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:19 am

It's been boring since it became a regular feature and of course that also means that any impact the gesture might have had has lost any impact, And what's even more boring is that when they show the kick off on a highlight show they insist on showing the knee taking mullarkey before it.
Yes I was thinking that myself. Purely virtue signalling. Why not show them tossing the coin, it's just as interesting.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Question.

Apart from Britain and USA,what other countries are doing it still now?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:42 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:19 am

Yes I was thinking that myself. Purely virtue signalling. Why not show them tossing the coin, it's just as interesting.
Without the crowd does it make any difference which end a team defends from kick off. So the ref could use a double sided coin and not disadvantage anyone.

And on the knee taking - several religious groups have objected to the ritual being televised on Sunday's. They have argued, that it is basically taking the piss and want it stopped. Unsurprising the FA are unsure how to respond and VAR doesn't help much here. This might be one for the government and Boris to tackle. Let them fit some football in between the pandemic and Brexit seems to be the FA thinking.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Something I wonder ..would they still be doing the Knee thing with 40/60,000 in the grounds...if not,it's hypocritical ...

I said before I would do it if my team mates felt the need..and pretty happy to...for 4/5 Games...time to stop now..and
move on to...a 15 second standing silence wearing T Shirts bringing recognition to world and child poverty...
think a little baby that is born to die before he/she has a chance of life..matters a fair bit...

Sorry to get heavy...but pisses me off when the really important things in life like people starving take a back seat,to
lesser issues..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:03 am Something I wonder ..would they still be doing the Knee thing with 40/60,000 in the grounds...if not,it's hypocritical ...

I said before I would do it if my team mates felt the need..and pretty happy to...for 4/5 Games...time to stop now..and
move on to...a 15 second standing silence wearing T Shirts bringing recognition to world and child poverty...
think a little baby that is born to die before he/she has a chance of life..matters a fair bit...

Sorry to get heavy...but pisses me off when the really important things in life like people starving take a back seat,to
lesser issues..
Good point. So we can assume you'd like to see as much emphasis placed on child malnutrition as is currently the case with Covid-19. I think I'm right saying around 20 times more deaths worldwide are malnutrition related than linked to the virus. ;)

And when we've tackled malnutrition we can make a start on heart disease and cancers. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:07 am
mkhammer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:03 am Something I wonder ..would they still be doing the Knee thing with 40/60,000 in the grounds...if not,it's hypocritical ...

lesser issues..
Good point. So we can assume you'd like to see as much emphasis placed on child malnutrition as is currently the case with Covid-19. I think I'm right saying around 20 times more deaths worldwide are malnutrition related than linked to the virus. ;)

And when we've tackled malnutrition we can make a start on heart disease and cancers. ;)
I have posted about that before mate..big thing of mine always bring it up when can...
It's a disgrace how we...thats everyone..turns a blind eye to it...mainly because of Politics and Religion..
Innocent kiddies should suffer the consequencies of our war mongering...the UK does as much as anyone,but a lot
more could and should be done.

We can do both,shouldn't have to prioritise ...push our Governments...and keep Covid under control....
Billions goes into Cancer and Heart Decease treatments...but like Covid it's something we die off...we gotta die of something....
Sounds morbid...not meant to.... :lol:

It's keeping the things that kill us to minimum and as much as poss under control...whether Cancer/Heart or Covid..

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Meanwhile the shootings stabbings and beatings still continue amongst their own.

Puts on knee pad.