F1, 2020

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: F1, 2020

Post by Noni »

Due to the take over of the Williams Team , George Russell could be dropped without a seat. :(

Rumour control I hope.

Perez could replace him. Latiffi will remain as he's a paid driver.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:25 pm Due to the take over of the Williams Team , George Russell could be dropped without a seat. :(

Rumour control I hope.

On the face of it that might seem like madness. But remember, Russell will be entering the third year of a three year contract. They will certainly lose him anyway at the end of next season.

Perez on the other hand, would no doubt sign a multi year contract, he comes with a wealth of experience which is vital for Williams in their bid to rebuild, and he also comes with a shed load of money. Considering Williams are now owned by a capital investment firm I think they might find Perez a very attractive proposition.

But then where does Russell go? Certainly not to Mercedes. They won't want to upset the applecart while Lewis is making history. And certainly not to Aston Martin, the only other team with a Merc engine. So unless they can ship him out in the way they did with Ocon I fear it's going to be a year on the simulator for him. Not good!!

Noni

Post by Noni »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:58 pm
Noni wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:25 pm Due to the take over of the Williams Team , George Russell could be dropped without a seat. :(

Rumour control I hope.

On the face of it that might seem like madness. But remember, Russell will be entering the third year of a three year contract. They will certainly lose him anyway at the end of next season.

Perez on the other hand, would no doubt sign a multi year contract, he comes with a wealth of experience which is vital for Williams in their bid to rebuild, and he also comes with a shed load of money. Considering Williams are now owned by a capital investment firm I think they might find Perez a very attractive proposition.

But then where does Russell go? Certainly not to Mercedes. They won't want to upset the applecart while Lewis is making history. And certainly not to Aston Martin, the only other team with a Merc engine. So unless they can ship him out in the way they did with Ocon I fear it's going to be a year on the simulator for him. Not good!!
Personally I hope Russell keeps his seat for at least one year at Williams. Drop Bottas in 2022 and replace him with Russell. Russell should get the experience needed to replace Hamilton when the times comes. Just my opinion.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:22 pm
Gandalf wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Personally I hope Russell keeps his seat for at least one year at Williams. Drop Bottas in 2022 and replace him with Russell. Russell should get the experience needed to replace Hamilton when the times comes. Just my opinion.
Absolutely! Fully in agreement with that.
I wasn't saying what I wanted to happen, just what I think probably will happen! :D

Noni

Post by Noni »

George Russell claims he's contracted to 2021, as with Nicholas Latifi at Williams according to the paddock gossip for this weekend's race.

Perez is looking else where for a seat next year.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Fantastic win yesterday by Hamilton, beaten Schumacher record of 91 wins by 92 and becomes the most successful driver in win tallies, history is made. With 5 races to go, there's too many points in the bag for Hamilton to lose his 7th World Title.

Surely he must be Knighted after this and becomes a Sir.

I feel Albon will lose his seat... Thought this race was less boring compared to others this year, though the first race of the season was spectacular IMO.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Noni wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:57 pm Fantastic win yesterday by Hamilton, beaten Schumacher record of 91 wins by 92 and becomes the most successful driver in win tallies, history is made. With 5 races to go, there's too many points in the bag for Hamilton to lose his 7th World Title.

Surely he must be Knighted after this and becomes a Sir.

I feel Albon will lose his seat... Thought this race was less boring compared to others this year, though the first race of the season was spectacular IMO.
"Thought this race was less boring compared to others this year"

Yeah, apart from Verstappen driving very un-Grandma like at Silverstone. Not to mention Lewis taking victory on three wheels at the previous race. And the Gasly-Sainz-Stroll podium at Monza. And the thriller we had a Mugello.... ;)

Masterclass from Lewis. Perfect way to secure the record. 25 seconds up the road. Just fantastic!! Arise Sir Lewis! 8-)

As for Albon, there's no way back now. They really should get him out of that car now. But who do they put in there?
I guess it depends who will be driving that car next year. If it's Hulkenberg then I expect to see him in the car in Turkey. If it's Perez then I perhaps Albon would see out the rest of the season.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Yeah well done LH...pissing me off a bit at moment,with the political stuff...but he's a decent enough bloke..
and get, him and his old man have prob taken some shit along the way,here and there.

Thought for a year or two he's the best ever...which is a hard call....best of a generation or so is better IMO...

But just a Brilliant Driver...could easily have had another title or 2 in bag already as well....

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

If Hamilton DIDN'T win Sports Personality Of The Year(any other year he would have walked it),it will prove what the British Public think about BLM,though I still would be surprised if he didn`t.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Mercedes have won the constructors title for the 7th time in a row. :)

Hamilton gets his 93rd win at Emilia Romagna(Imola)today. Bottas 2nd and Daniel Ricciardo 3rd... :)

Not many races left this season, but you can see certainly see the drivers championship is pretty much wrapped up..