Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:42 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:14 pm

When did you move to America?

I agree that before the turn of the century,there was lots of racism in this country,but things have changed a lot this millennium..Equality in the work place is so strict now.You cannot get away with the sort of behavior that occurred before..One slip of the tongue and you will be sacked and out the door.
Isn’t that the way it should be?
Yes it should.

However , as I only yesterday and others before me have pointed out , it should be a 2 way street.

And it isn’t .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Watching the Ben Rahma saga unfold yesterday on Sky Sports news, one of the presenters was wearing a red jumper which he didn't hesitate to tell viewers was for 'showing racism the red card'.

If this is the first step in scaling down this preposterous BLM shit on Sky then fine, but I suspect it's scaling it up.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:54 am
Towie wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:42 am

Isn’t that the way it should be?
Yes it should.

However , as I only yesterday and others before me have pointed out , it should be a 2 way street.

And it isn’t .
I don’t think I said it wasn’t 2 way street. There Is racism from all angles and if you believe it only black against white now, then that rather foolish.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:56 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:54 am

Yes it should.

And it isn’t .
I don’t think I said it wasn’t 2 way street. There Is racism from all angles and if you believe it only black against white now, then that rather foolish.
I never said you did :shock:
I agreed with you when you said it was the way it should be ... what exactly I don’t know now as I’ve forgotten .

I merely added that it should be a two way thing , which it isn’t .
I don’t even believe it is just black against white now .

It’s NON-Black woke Cunts that are the problem in this country trying to impress the minorities by bringing to the attention of the world and singling out every tiny comment , every tiny mostly innocuous act that COULD be construed in the manner that suits.

Yes there are still white racists about ( though I believe that until recently it was pretty much driven underground) just as there are still Black people about with massive chips on their shoulders .

In fact the UK is SO racist these days that most of Africa wants to live here .
Probably because Africans are still enslaving each other like they were doing for centuries before a white person had even set foot in Africa !

Something the BBC , Sky and the rest of the western worlds media know full well but won’t mention for obvious reasons.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:56 am

I never said you did :shock:
I agreed with you when you said it was the way it should be ... what exactly I don’t know now as I’ve forgotten .

I merely added that it should be a two way thing , which it isn’t .
I don’t even believe it is just black against white now .

It’s NON-Black woke Cunts that are the problem in this country trying to impress the minorities by bringing to the attention of the world and singling out every tiny comment , every tiny mostly innocuous act that COULD be construed in the manner that suits.

Yes there are still white racists about ( though I believe that until recently it was pretty much driven underground) just as there are still Black people about with massive chips on their shoulders .

In fact the UK is SO racist these days that most of Africa wants to live here .
Probably because Africans are still enslaving each other like they were doing for centuries before a white person had even set foot in Africa !

Something the BBC , Sky and the rest of the western worlds media know full well but won’t mention for obvious reasons.
Apologies if you thought I digging you out, wasn’t meant that way.

There are still plenty of racists about in UK my mate who is Indian descent born in UK, he has told me many a time there is not a week goes by without somebody shouting fuck of home Paki, terrorist scum, Rochdale peodo, well you get the picture. He is a lovely fella, drinks like a trooper, as British as you or I, but has to put up with this shite all his life.

As for African slavery, that goes on still all over the world ffs there even been found in UK by white families. Nothing to do with colour just bad people.

I guess what I’m trying to say everyone should be tolerant of all races, religions, etc, (except Totscum supporters)
if they are peaceful protests let them get on with it.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:14 pm
Flairon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Whilst I have been here 20 years I do come home and still have plenty of Friends and family I talk to frequently. I also keep abreast of U.K. news.
We all can`t be wrong on here Flairon.We ALL live here and you live in a America,but according to you,we are all wrong.IMO and most will agree with me,you got an advantage being an ethnic now in this country.

In my opinion,the UK news is no longer news,but propaganda to try and change our thinking in this and other countries too..It`s. obviously had an effect on you .
Wrong about what exactly? We have opposing views and that is fine. Unlike some however I have not resulted to name calling.

At the risk of repeating myself, I said that I fail to see why anyone would take offense at what is basically a peaceful protest (taking the knee). Surely you would agree that is an opinion and NOT a question of right or wrong!?!

I also said that racism does exist in the U.K.,which would appear to be supported by statistics. For the record, I NEVER claimed that racism flows in only one direction. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that I believe everything I read in the press or for that mater that I only read one source of news. As previously stated, I do have family and friends in the U.K., with whom I talk on a regular basis. I trust that clarifies my position and we can lay this particular topic to rest. Constantly clarifying what I said is after all becoming a tad passé.
Flairon

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Flairon wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:14 pm

We all can`t be wrong on here Flairon.We ALL live here and you live in a America,but according to you,we are all wrong.IMO and most will agree with me,you got an advantage being an ethnic now in this country.

In my opinion,the UK news is no longer news,but propaganda to try and change our thinking in this and other countries too..It`s. obviously had an effect on you .
Wrong about what exactly? We have opposing views and that is fine. Unlike some however I have not resulted to name calling.

At the risk of repeating myself, I said that I fail to see why anyone would take offense at what is basically a peaceful protest (taking the knee). Surely you would agree that is an opinion and NOT a question of right or wrong!?!

I also said that racism does exist in the U.K.,which would appear to be supported by statistics. For the record, I NEVER claimed that racism flows in only one direction. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that I believe everything I read in the press or for that mater that I only read one source of news. As previously stated, I do have family and friends in the U.K., with whom I talk on a regular basis. I trust that clarifies my position and we can lay this particular topic to rest. Constantly clarifying what I said is after all becoming a tad passé.
I am sticking by what I said.

One thing about me,I say it how I see it,without biased.

Go back to last century and I would have agreed with every comment you have made.Like I said,if you are of an ethnic background,everything is all in your favour nowadays.

You have to be so careful,especially if you are white and British,I'm afraid to say.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:39 am
Flairon wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 am

Go back to last century and I would have agreed with every comment you have made.Like I said,if you are of an ethnic background,everything is all in your favour nowadays.

You have to be so careful,especially if you are white and British,I'm afraid to say.
Have to disagree there Terry. Living in leafy old Welwyn Garden City I'm the first to admit I don't come across massive numbers of ethnics but knew dozens when I was working, including many who were clients. I didn't come across one who complained about racism, discrimination, lack of opportunity or ant of the other moans and groans we hear about, often from fat, white, middle England women. The reason ? I think because they were all, in their own way SUCCESSFUL people who had succeded in this country, taking advantage of the opportunities they had been given and had grasped.

In my experience everyone has the same opportunities in life and it's up to all of us to make the most of them. If we don't then there's no one to blame. Not white people. But also certainly not Johnny Foreigner either. There are failures in every race and an Asian or black failure has a ready made excuse with the "R" word. Just as, in case we should ever forget the silly little fucker, and there are many like him, who finds it easier to blame others for his own inadequacies.

The fucking master race it ain't. But my worry is things like that can reproduce. And he'll probably be one of the first in the queue griping that he can't get a "Karnsaal Aarse" to house his slapper and squawking offspring. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Talking to a couple of old dears the other day and how they have to circumnavigate around Stratford park these days instead of strolling through or having a sit down because of intimidating black youths.
Known locally as the muggers greenbelt oh how we laughed.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:01 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:39 am

Have to disagree there Terry. Living in leafy old Welwyn Garden City I'm the first to admit I don't come across massive numbers of ethnics but knew dozens when I was working, including many who were clients. I didn't come across one who complained about racism, discrimination, lack of opportunity or ant of the other moans and groans we hear about, often from fat, white, middle England women. The reason ? I think because they were all, in their own way SUCCESSFUL people who had succeded in this country, taking advantage of the opportunities they had been given and had grasped.

In my experience everyone has the same opportunities in life and it's up to all of us to make the most of them. If we don't then there's no one to blame. Not white people. But also certainly not Johnny Foreigner either. There are failures in every race and an Asian or black failure has a ready made excuse with the "R" word. Just as, in case we should ever forget the silly little fucker, and there are many like him, who finds it easier to blame others for his own inadequacies.

The fucking master race it ain't. But my worry is things like that can reproduce. And he'll probably be one of the first in the queue griping that he can't get a "Karnsaal Aarse" to house his slapper and squawking offspring. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you go back to my posts on this subject,I say similar things.

I have basically done Warehouse work all my life.Back in the 80's,I see the ethnic people get treated like shit by management,doing piecework..They had to work their fingers to the bone to earn their bonus,that made up over half their wages..They conned them left right and centre.

Now in the present day,I do not see that where I work.Like I said,my firm take equality seriously..I can see how things have changed and,I would say for the better too.

But let me tell you a little story from a few years ago.A African fella(who I was quite friendly with) was doing something he was not suppose to be doing.I told him to behave himself..Nothing nasty.

I carried on doing my job,when I was called in by a Manager.He said"You have been called in,because you have been using racist abusive Language towards a colleague"They said an investigation would need to take place...I was seething...A few witnessesses came forward and saved my bacon..Guess what happen to the African fella..SWEET FA.

I put in an a grievance,but nothing came of it.

I know how things have changed over the years and it`s a completely different one to the one,when I first started doing Warehouse work.