Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Premier League tackles Black Lives Matter

Post by terrya1965 »

Flairon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:46 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:03 am
Are you of the opinion that racism runs in all directions Flair?
From A to B, B to A, A to C, C to A, B to C, C to B etc etc?
Note: I haven’t read the whole history of this thread so apologies if I’ve missed any comments directly relating to this point.
Absolutely Tone. And if you check my posts, I have been consistent in the points I made, which were basically, 1.) I did not understand why people got upset by what is a peaceful protest and 2.) that racism does exist in the U.K. Trust me, when I first came to the States, I had an old black lady spit on the floor in front of me and always had young African American lads stepping to my wife, asking why she was with me. Even before I moved here, a black lad from England tried to tell us how we are all racist in England. Ultimately I believe I have a fairly balanced view. I do not attend protest, or shout loudly from the roof top about the injustice of the world. I do however respect another person's right to protest, and peaceful protests are fine by me, so long as they do not delay my travel home. :D

I certainly do not belief that either position makes me a snowflake or guilt of social signally ffs.

Some of the vitriolic statements leveled against me, I suspect says more about the people making them, than it does about me.
When did you move to America?

I agree that before the turn of the century,there was lots of racism in this country,but things have changed a lot this millennium..Equality in the work place is so strict now.You cannot get away with the sort of behavior that occurred before..One slip of the tongue and you will be sacked and out the door.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:45 pm
Flairon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:34 pm

Why on earth would I apologise to Mo Salah!?! Surely even you can see what an idiotic statement that is!?!

Once again, all I ever said was that I did not understand people taking offense at what is basically a peaceful protest. Is it not ridiculous that for whatever reason, people are highly offended or angered by people taking a fucking knee for Christ sake. Whether you support it or not, why on earth would you let it get you so riled up?
My take on it is that if individuals want to make what is essentially a passive protest or point they should be free to do so. But it should also be an option for those who don't wish to make the same point to, in this case, remain standing. What I find objecvtionable is not the action of kneeling itself but that it seems to be laid down as an instruction that everyone must do it. Which flies in the face of personal choice does it not. ?
What I find amusing is everybody wants to stop doing it, but nobody wishes to be the one to issue the instruction to cease.

So how would you elegantly get round this: you would call a meeting (probably via Zoom) and say something like "We are deciding to end this pre game kneeling gesture as it's now being perceived as a bit of a parody. We've asked around the usual influencers and in their opinions (keep this bit vague, no names no pack drill) they feel that it's past it's last legs. Best we discontinue immediately. We can all take great credit for the work we have undertaken here and it has made a difference (don't elaborate on the making a difference claim) and all of us can all take great pride in our actions. Please pass on to everyone our warm thanks"

And it's that type of taking the bull by the horns that makes us different from Johnny foreigner...or pushes you further into the shit storm

The key with these things, is to say Boo first and see if anyone bursts into tears...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:14 pm

Absolutely Tone. And if you check my posts, I have been consistent in the points I made, which were basically, 1.) I did not understand why people got upset by what is a peaceful protest and 2.) that racism does exist in the U.K. Trust me, when I first came to the States, I had an old black lady spit on the floor in front of me and always had young African American lads stepping to my wife, asking why she was with me. Even before I moved here, a black lad from England tried to tell us how we are all racist in England. Ultimately I believe I have a fairly balanced view. I do not attend protest, or shout loudly from the roof top about the injustice of the world. I do however respect another person's right to protest, and peaceful protests are fine by me, so long as they do not delay my travel home. :D

I certainly do not belief that either position makes me a snowflake or guilt of social signally ffs.

Some of the vitriolic statements leveled against me, I suspect says more about the people making them, than it does about me.

I agree that before the turn of the century,there was lots of racism in this country,but things have changed a lot this millennium..Equality in the work place is so strict now.You cannot get away with the sort of behavior that occurred before..One slip of the tongue and you will be sacked and out the door.
Absolutely Tegs .

But , and Flair won’t know this as it’s obviously a while since he worked in this country , THAT point you just made is a totally one way street isn’t it ?

Which was the point that I think Tony was trying to put across .
I agree with Flair that it IS every persons right to be able to protest peacefully , and long may some of us be able to do it , but in the case of the PL Whisky hit the nail on the head so I won’t repeat it.
God this post is all about everyone else’s points :lol:

Quite frankly it’s already gone way beyond that now and it’s the white hating whites that are the problem in this country now .
Telling ME what to think and telling me what I have to apologise for .

And like my last post on the BLM thread on the other board , those woke Cunts teaching OUR innocent minded children what to think like it’s their fucking duty or something.

Let’s get this right , he whole fucking shitshow makes me sick to the stomach .
And the uk media especially the fucking bbc and Sky are the worst of the fucking lot !
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:57 pm
Quite frankly it’s already gone way beyond that now and it’s the white hating whites that are the problem in this country now .
That has always been the case mate, a long time before anyone had ever heard of BLM. Back in the 80s, at least I think it was then, Islington council were led by some bint called Margaret Hodge and it was she who first decided the term "Blackboard" in schools was offensive.

A few years later I remember Ian Wright who used to co present the Drivetime show on Talk Sport being involved in a discussion with someone about racism and he made the point that people like her were the biggest cause of the problem by picking out trivial issues like what to call a fucking blackboard. Wrighty actually said "it's a board and it's black, who can possibly be offended by that ?"
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:46 pm
That has always been the case mate, a long time before anyone had ever heard of BLM. Back in the 80s, at least I think it was then, Islington council were led by some bint called Margaret Hodge and it was she who first decided the term "Blackboard" in schools was offensive.

A few years later I remember Ian Wright who used to co present the Drivetime show on Talk Sport being involved in a discussion with someone about racism and he made the point that people like her were the biggest cause of the problem by picking out trivial issues like what to call a fucking blackboard. Wrighty actually said "it's a board and it's black, who can possibly be offended by that ?"
Ordered a black coffee the other day only to be told it’s coffee without milk ??
Dopey cunt Seemed to have the hump when told to fuck off .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:46 pm

I wonder if he would have same attitude if someone had called him a Cunt ? :D :D
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Whilst I have been here 20 years I do come home and still have plenty of Friends and family I talk to frequently. I also keep abreast of U.K. news.
Flairon

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Flairon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Whilst I have been here 20 years I do come home and still have plenty of Friends and family I talk to frequently. I also keep abreast of U.K. news.
We all can`t be wrong on here Flairon.We ALL live here and you live in a America,but according to you,we are all wrong.IMO and most will agree with me,you got an advantage being an ethnic now in this country.

In my opinion,the UK news is no longer news,but propaganda to try and change our thinking in this and other countries too..It`s. obviously had an effect on you .
Last edited by terrya1965 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Isn’t that the way it should be?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Towie wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:42 am

Isn’t that the way it should be?
Well there is a difference between an incautious remark and saying something with the intention of causing offense.

One person might say gender fluid and another might say wanky tranny. Or one person might say what they mean and another might mean what they say. It's probably best to remember language is only sounds. We just makes sounds with our mouths.