Premier League PPV: £15 to watch matches from 17th October.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Premier League PPV: £15 to watch matches from 17th October.

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:18 am
ToneLoc wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:42 am
Match by match payments are fine by me but at that price and with football in its current incarnation it seems they’re almost daring us NOT to pay.
I’m more than happy to play that game of course :)
One important aspect for PPV - for me - is will the broadcast contain adverts. I can't abide that type of thing. It's annoying, because I wanted to watch the
international mid week but it was broadcast on ITV. And I don't do ITV.

Now normally say in a World Cup the BBC will show re-runs of games that were awarded to ITV (for live covering) so generally, speaking one can keep up to date. No harm no foul.

However in between major tournaments it's getting impossible to watch these internationals and maintain interest. It's just something that evaporates slowly over time. I wish I knew a solution.
The adverts will only happen at half time, just like normal Sky/BT broadcasts I imagine. I use that time depending on the time of day to make a coffee or pour myself a drink for the second half. It also means I don't have to listen to a pundit explaining to me something I've already seen. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:32 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:25 am This Pandemic is a dream come true for the TV Companies,must be wanking themselves silly....

Every game with a different Kick off Time and can now charge for every single match.....Happy Days....

But they're only doing it so the fans can watch their team...bless em..................................Not about the money then.

Cut the Crap..FFS ....just say what yer doin and shut the fuck up.

£15 when lots of us are struggling..Wankers....
It's nothing to do with the TV companies. Apparently ALL the additional revenue raise will go to the clubs, not Sky/BT. And of course the idea was put fprward by the clubs themselves. 19 clubs voted for the proposal and only one, Leicester, voted against it.

And let's not forget no one has to pay it. Just as no one has to buy overpriced club merchandise. But there are enough silly fuckers out there who, struggling or not, are happy to part with their hard earned. Some cunts are just begging to be fleeced. And of course there will always be people happy to oblige.

If gas/electricity companies double their prices that's profiteering. People have to use their products, no avoiding the price increases. Something like this is in everyone's power not to pay,. Let's not get all sniffy about it. ;)
I stand corrected mate on the £15 charge if that all going to the Clubs...find that very hard to believe....Sky/BT...
doing it free of charge,not even covering their Costs/Overheads.....Paying Spitter Carragher outta their own pockets..
fair dues.... :lol:
But Stand by...they're not unhappy with whats going on at moment thing...

Don't get me Started on Utilities Companies...hate those fuckers with a passion.... :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:25 am This Pandemic is a dream come true for the TV Companies,must be wanking themselves silly....

Every game with a different Kick off Time and can now charge for every single match.....Happy Days....

But they're only doing it so the fans can watch their team...bless em..................................Not about the money then.

Cut the Crap..FFS ....just say what yer doin and shut the fuck up.

£15 when lots of us are struggling..Wankers....
It's nothing to do with the TV companies. Apparently ALL the additional revenue raise will go to the clubs, not Sky/BT. And of course the idea was put fprward by the clubs themselves. 19 clubs voted for the proposal and only one, Leicester, voted against it.

And let's not forget no one has to pay it. Just as no one has to buy overpriced club merchandise. But there are enough silly fuckers out there who, struggling or not, are happy to part with their hard earned. Some cunts are just begging to be fleeced. And of course there will always be people happy to oblige.

If gas/electricity companies double their prices that's profiteering. People have to use their products, no avoiding the price increases. Something like this is in everyone's power not to pay,. Let's not get all sniffy about it. ;)
So who provides the coverage,British Gas?The tv companies will be on the make,if they weren`t,they wouldn`t bother with it.

Post by 9898 »

Everyone on here has got this wrong, as per usual.

FACTS
The PL and clubs are desperate to get fans back. Clubs for money and PL because they know the TV product without fans is very, very poor.
They have been trying to force the Governments hand to let in fans. Government hasn't relented.
The Government want the PL to open to as many people as possible because they know hard times are here/coming for everyone and want to give the public something to 'keep them happy'.
The PL and clubs feel that taking live football away from some people who have had it will (a) teach the Government a lesson (b) force the Government to relent and let fans back.

You can thank me later for the school lesson, you thick shits.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

FACTS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:20 pm

I stand corrected mate on the £15 charge if that all going to the Clubs...find that very hard to believe....Sky/BT...
doing it free of charge,not even covering their Costs/Overheads.....Paying Spitter Carragher outta their own pockets..

Don't get me Started on Utilities Companies...hate those fuckers with a passion.... :lol:
The Daily Mail (yes, I know but their sports pages are decent) have carried a few stories about this and it seems all the money will go to the clubs. What isn't sure, and I'm certain it will lead to grief in the future, isif all the money match for match is going to the two teams involved or going into a pot to be divvied out.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:29 pm

So who provides the coverage,British Gas?The tv companies will be on the make,if they weren`t,they wouldn`t bother with it.
They are broadcasting the games anyway because of their contracts with overseas media companies. The games being shown are being shown anyway elsewhere in the world.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:29 pm

They are broadcasting the games anyway because of their contracts with overseas media companies. The games being shown are being shown anyway elsewhere in the world.
Can you tell me what is in it for them then?"Yeah,you can nick our coverage and make £15 too,while we get nothing"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:18 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm

Can you tell me what is in it for them then?"Yeah,you can nick our coverage and make £15 too,while we get nothing"
Don't know the fine points of the contract but Martin Samuels wrote a piece in the Mail today which I linked on another thread. Basically those of us that watch the "freebie" streams are watching Sky's broascasts to other broadcasters worldwide, for which they are being paid. Technically no one in the UK can watch any game unless it is one of those chosen to be shown. But the games that AREN'T being shown can still be watched elsewhere in the world. Hence the availability of streams. All that's happening is that the clubs are now making them available in the UK if people pay for them.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:20 pm

The Daily Mail (yes, I know but their sports pages are decent) have carried a few stories about this and it seems all the money will go to the clubs. What isn't sure, and I'm certain it will lead to grief in the future, isif all the money match for match is going to the two teams involved or going into a pot to be divvied out.
If its to be divvied out then even Burnley and Palace wouldn't want Burnley and Palce on the box. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............