West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following another good win against Hull City, I fully expect Yarmolenko and Haller to be in the squad against Wolves. I am fully expected Moyes, Diop and Cullan will be on isolation so Irvine will take in charge via phone call from Moyes for set-up. Need to get points now as I can't see any more points coming in after this match with Leicester away, Shitspurs away, Man City home and Liverpool away.

Fabianski

Frederick
Balbuena
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Yarmolenko
Soucek
Rice
Masuaku

Antonio
Haller/Bowen

COYI

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Hammertime

Re: West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by Hammertime »

So now the Diop experiment (of being a premier league defender) is put on hold, we have precious few options. Employ a shell-shocked looking Balbuena back into middle of our fragile defense? Draft the impressive looking Alese to partner Ogbonna or as I suspect use our prized jewel as a cb and bring back capt fantastic to play with Soucek in MF. Given that it's 2 Scots in charge I can almost guarantee the latter!

So...

scottish version:

Fabs

Rice, Ogbog Cress
Fred, Noble Soucek, Arfur
Bowen, Fournals
Antonio

my version
Fabs,
Fred, Alese, Ogbonna, Johnson
Bowen, Rice, Soucek, Anderson
Antonio, Haller

I would say there's never be a better time for an established Premier League CB to be signed!
#fuckqatar2022

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

We will get eaten alive and I just cant see the sweaty sock playing Yarmo & Haller

What I would do with Diop out

Fab
Fredericks Balbuena Oggy Johnson
Rice Soucek
Yarmo Lanzini Anderson
Haller

If Traore starts, put Antonio in for Pam. Bad to drop him & Bowen, but we need a bit of silk & guile to get past this lot.

And make subs, when Yarmo is knackered, bring on Bowen. AND NO CRESSWELL

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Well Moyes has plenty of time at home for the next week or so.
Let's home he reads and ponders over this a little.....
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bund ... 517488.jsp
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

We all know Traore is a massive threat. But from what I saw of Wolves against Man City on Monday the bloke the other side, Podence, is more than capable of tearing Fredericks, assuming he plays, several new ones. And Wolves give away very little so I do agree we need our more creative players on the field and not scratching their arses on the bench.

But I fear Noble will return, safety first will prevail, and we will be defeated 0-2.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:30 am We all know Traore is a massive threat. But from what I saw of Wolves against Man City on Monday the bloke the other side, Podence, is more than capable of tearing Fredericks, assuming he plays, several new ones. And Wolves give away very little so I do agree we need our more creative players on the field and not scratching their arses on the bench.

But I fear Noble will return, safety first will prevail, and we will be defeated 0-2.
"But I fear Noble will return, safety first will prevail, and we will be defeated 0-2". Anyone else regard that as safety first ? More like suicide I would think.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Who picks the team, apart from ibby, if Moyes is on sick leave? Still his choices and tactics done by text?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 am Who picks the team, apart from ibby, if Moyes is on sick leave? Still his choices and tactics done by text?
Better hope he's like Arry and can't use text. Probably got a dog who can do it though :lol: :lol:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I am sure that Moyes will have already past over the intelligence in a briefcase to his understudy detailing the composition and layout of the team for the Wolves match . In which we will be reverting to a back four , after doing so well with a back three against The Arsenal .
All well and fit 1st team squad members will be used none of them namby pampy bairns are to be included .
Shaky Fabianski will return in goal after Randolphs unconvincing show against Hull . Both Fredericks and Cresswell will play as the fullbacks in this system , with Ogbonna and Balbuena as our CB pairing .
Midfield will consist of the usual suspects of Soucek and Rice as our holding defensive do it all pairing .
In front of our warriors , Noble will return as the focus point of being a none entity in a match , with a young Fornals giving his all for the tartan horror out on the left wing , with Bowen out on the right wing looking like he is waging a losing battle up against a brick wall .
Then we have our very own Battering Ram/Gate crasher in Antonio , if only we had the technology to make him more clinical in front of goal , improve his ability to go round players rather then other them .
I could be wrong , and hopefully we will play with a back three , but cannot see much of a change in the personnel that played against The Arsenal , apart from the inclusion of Noble maybe and Balbuena .
Really think we are capable of winning this one , but I would like to see at least 6 changes from the Arsenal match , but what do I know , maybe consistency is better then change .

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/west-ham- ... olves-home

Tring Tring !
“Errr..... Alan?”
“Yes David?”
“Errrr... I want ye to pull Fornals out of the middle and put him on the left wing then substitute Anderson for Noble”.
“Sorry David you’re breaking up terrible mon.... cannae hear a word you’re sayin”.
“Errr I said......”
“No, line’s terrible David, cannae hear a word. Can ye call back later mon?”
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"