Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:59 am https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ha ... get-gossip
Do I want to see us taking Calum Chambers on loan , he is a player I have always liked a very good talent and surprisingly still only 25 , at Southampton as a RB , after his move to Arsenal he played primarily as a CB , on loan at Fulham he played as a midfielder and was voted player of the season . So he would offer Moyes a player capable of playing well in a number of positions .
The thing is the guy had a Cruciate Ligament Rupture end of December , these are serious injuries and can take a while to recover from , would us taking him now be to early into his recovery , my worry would be that he would breakdown .
Tbh I think any player would break down if sold to us......break down in tears
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:46 am
JayK wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:34 am

Saw that mentioned. Tbh I think Moyes is so desperate for any signing, he'll juggle the lineup to accomodate
Can't see Rice being moved back to accommodate Mario tbh, Mario isn't in any way shape or form a DM. MInd you, it would be so us to sign a player and play him in a totally alien position.
Not saying it's right but I would imagine Moyes put Noble at DM, or a kid and put Mario as the 10 role. In reality we need another DM to move Rice or a CB to keep Rice in DM but Moyes has the dwarf to rely on to get these recruits in
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:16 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:56 am

I agree. I think his best position is in MF myself. I guess we would only use him at CB if one of Ogbonna and Diop were missing.
I really agree with Moyes that we need a CB though. Both the above can be excellent or useless on any given day, there is no consistency at all to them.
I actually think Ogbonna has been our most consistent performer, Rice apart, during our end of season rally and the start of this. But I believe a lot of the problems perceived to be the fault of a weak CD partnership are caused by having two FBs who aren't good defenders.
:lol: Of course you do.

He is not consistent. He has played well recently but consistent he is not. Yes the FBs are weak but as a CB he makes quite a few rash decisions.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Poor old Callum Chambers.

To think that the only two clubs that want him are Newcastle and West Ham.

I'd think seriously about a plumbing course.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:10 pm Poor old Callum Chambers.

To think that the only two clubs that want him are Newcastle and West Ham.

I'd think seriously about a plumbing course.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:16 pm

I actually think Ogbonna has been our most consistent performer, Rice apart, during our end of season rally and the start of this. But I believe a lot of the problems perceived to be the fault of a weak CD partnership are caused by having two FBs who aren't good defenders.

He is not consistent. He has played well recently but consistent he is not. Yes the FBs are weak but as a CB he makes quite a few rash decisions.
But isn't that the problem in a nutshell. The consistently competent performers tend to gravitate to the consistently successful clubs. The rest of us fight over the leftovers.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:32 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 pm

But isn't that the problem in a nutshell. The consistently competent performers tend to gravitate to the consistently successful clubs. The rest of us fight over the leftovers.
No. I believe both of Burnley's CBs and Sheff Utd's were pretty consistent last season and in Burnleys case expecially the one before. Sadly for them, the clubs had little fire power to support it up front.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:32 pm

No. I believe both of Burnley's CBs and Sheff Utd's were pretty consistent last season and in Burnleys case expecially the one before. Sadly for them, the clubs had little fire power to support it up front.
I have to bow to your better knowledge of those players. Thankfully I saw very little of those two clubs, other than when they played West Ham. You may well be right and I guess we'll find out how good Tarkowski, in particular, is if he gets his wish and moves to a bigger club.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:22 am
h69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:02 pm

I have to bow to your better knowledge of those players. Thankfully I saw very little of those two clubs, other than when they played West Ham. You may well be right and I guess we'll find out how good Tarkowski, in particular, is if he gets his wish and moves to a bigger club.
I am a big believer in partnerships at CB. Two CBs could be very good but break a partnership and not so much. Will be interesting to see with him.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »