Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:17 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:31 pm So another 2 week lockdown pending, remember how long 2 weeks to flatten the curve lasted?

Say goodbye to your civil liberties, unless you choose to ignore it and do as you please.

All nicely backed up with the graph of doom today, which I have decided to call 'the inaccurate graph of two halves' that paints a very scary picture in the second half, whilst ignoring the actual data in the first half.

Fuck Boris and his bunch of fucking clowns.
It's patently obvious that an airborne virus is going to be transmitted when people mix. So ffs why don't we accept the fact we are going to have to live with this thing until a vaccine becomes available. All that has happened since it first appeared is that governments worldwide have screwed people by reducing, or even totally eliminating, their earning capabilities. Governments have spent (borrowed) money that would have made evn Corbyn's eyes water and for what ? Have we eliminated the virus ? Of course not. And nor will/can we until science develops a cure.

I don't like conspiracy theories but I am beginning to wonder if there are ulterior motives for the pesistent "Project Fear" message the government is putting out. Apparently 3% of people diagnosed with the virus die. Do we even know how that compares with other teransmittable diseases such as flu ? And there is also apparently mounting evidence that, because of limited testing capabilities, many more people than actually reported may have had it and recovered which would obviously significantly reduce the mortality rate if true.
It looks like the Oxford vaccine will be approved in November and ready for distribution to the group selected as priority receivers. 2021 will see a wider distribution filtering into the mainstream population.

Although strangely enough Johnson and Hancock have been briefing of testing capacity of 2 million tests per day by end October 2020.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:17 pm

It's patently obvious that an airborne virus is going to be transmitted when people mix. So ffs why don't we accept the fact we are going to have to live with this thing until a vaccine becomes available. All that has happened since it first appeared is that governments worldwide have screwed people by reducing, or even totally eliminating, their earning capabilities. Governments have spent (borrowed) money that would have made evn Corbyn's eyes water and for what ? Have we eliminated the virus ? Of course not. And nor will/can we until science develops a cure.

I don't like conspiracy theories but I am beginning to wonder if there are ulterior motives for the persistent "Project Fear" message the government is putting out. Apparently 3% of people diagnosed with the virus die. Do we even know how that compares with other transmittable diseases such as flu ? And there is also apparently mounting evidence that, because of limited testing capabilities, many more people than actually reported may have had it and recovered which would obviously significantly reduce the mortality rate if true.
It looks like the Oxford vaccine will be approved in November and ready for distribution to the group selected as priority receivers. 2021 will see a wider distribution filtering into the mainstream population.

Although strangely enough Johnson and Hancock have been briefing of testing capacity of 2 million tests per day by end October 2020.
I am not inclined to believe anything those two fools tell me tbh. Compared to, for example, Germany, this country's facilities for testing are strictly third world. And as December approaches and we are no nearer to securing some sort of trade deal with Europe I think we can safely say that things are going to get significantly worse before they get better.

But boy am I glad all those years ago that I fixed my company pension to be calculated in Euros rather than pounds. A pound back then bought 1.42 Euros. Today it buys less than 1.1.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

So Bojo will address the nation tonight. It's expected that the most draconian measures ever taken to save humanity itself will be announced following advice from the two cleverest men in the world, Roger Vallance and Chris Whiitty.

They've studied the works of Nostradamus you see and one of the quatrains says 'In the year a despised dwarf spends no money, some people will have sore throats'.

And there you have it. If the plague continues at it's current rate, even Keith Richards may have a mild cough by Christmas. It's that bad.

Therefore.

Only supermarkets will be open. But you have to make a booking for a half hour slot by phone app. And You'll only be allowed in wearing a level 5 biohazard suit.

Everything else will be shut.

Exercise is limited to your back gardens. Anyone caught on the streets will be shot and burnt in plague pits.

But the Premier League will continue to lift morale.

Everything's ok then.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:27 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 pm

I am not inclined to believe anything those two fools tell me tbh. Compared to, for example, Germany, this country's facilities for testing are strictly third world. And as December approaches and we are no nearer to securing some sort of trade deal with Europe I think we can safely say that things are going to get significantly worse before they get better.
Somebody commented in the pub last night, "freezing,curfews and nothing in the shops..." and an old lady said very quietly "Johnson...the nations cunt"

It's amazing how respected the lad is across all age groups and not just those who attend church...

JayK

Post by JayK »

COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:20 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745
Inevitable Jay.

Season ticket renewals extended until 2029.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:47 am
JayK wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:20 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745
Inevitable Jay.

Season ticket renewals extended until 2029.
Absolutely was mate. Wonder how long it will take everyone to get their money back for games missed

😂😂😂😂😂 at renewals extended
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:47 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:27 am

Somebody commented in the pub last night, "freezing,curfews and nothing in the shops..." and an old lady said very quietly "Johnson...the nations cunt"

It's amazing how respected the lad is across all age groups and not just those who attend church...
My eldest grandson's entire school year has been sent home for 2 weeks. Why ? Because one of the kids in one of the year groups had a bad cough. His parents were told he had to be tested. Mrs W knows his mum and her story went along these lines. His dad went online to book a test. Lives in Welwyn G C , same as us, nearest available centre Stevenagem, 20 minutes away. Filled in details online when he tried to book was told, sorry Stevenage now fully booked. Saw there were facilities in Luton, about 25/30 mins away., Started the form again, fuck knows why the information he's already completed couldn't be saved, and again tried to book. Samme result. Sorry, Luton no longer has available slots. Eventually he was able to book a test at Stansted Fucking Airport, about 25 miles away. Went there, had to do the test himself and will have to wait 48 hours, if he's lucky, for the results.

How long has this Covid bollocks been around ? And we still have to put up with testing facilities that on the face of it would shame a fucking banana republic. And now there are to be further erosions of our freedoms to combat a so called "killer plague" which so far , worldwide, has claimed the lives (allegedly) of around 5% of the total who have died from heart disease, or various forms of cancer, or malnutrition.

Time to grow some bollocks, get the economy back on track, and, as everyone accepts until there's a cure this thing can't be eliminated, let's see if this herd immunity thing we keep hearing about works.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:48 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:47 am

My eldest grandson's entire school year has been sent home for 2 weeks. Why ? Because one of the kids in one of the year groups had a bad cough. His parents were told he had to be tested. Mrs W knows his mum and her story went along these lines. His dad went online to book a test. Lives in Welwyn G C , same as us, nearest available centre Stevenagem, 20 minutes away. Filled in details online when he tried to book was told, sorry Stevenage now fully booked. Saw there were facilities in Luton, about 25/30 mins away., Started the form again, fuck knows why the information he's already completed couldn't be saved, and again tried to book. Samme result. Sorry, Luton no longer has available slots. Eventually he was able to book a test at Stansted Fucking Airport, about 25 miles away. Went there, had to do the test himself and will have to wait 48 hours, if he's lucky, for the results.

How long has this Covid bollocks been around ? And we still have to put up with testing facilities that on the face of it would shame a fucking banana republic. And now there are to be further erosions of our freedoms to combat a so called "killer plague" which so far , worldwide, has claimed the lives (allegedly) of around 5% of the total who have died from heart disease, or various forms of cancer, or malnutrition.

Time to grow some bollocks, get the economy back on track, and, as everyone accepts until there's a cure this thing can't be eliminated, let's see if this herd immunity thing we keep hearing about works.
I'm not sure that is on their minds. The Times led with the "Pubs to close by 10pm" headline accompanied by a picture of the fat bloke with a shit haircut dressed in black, jogging in Westminster park. He had the look of someone who knows he is about to be snapped and was balefully sucking his tummy in.

Elsewhere spread across print and digital media,was a picture of the geezer with Michael Caine glasses and the collapsed face, informing that all planned sport attendance was "paused" because of reasons unknown. The fact the Bundesliga held weekend matches with reduced attendances of 25% capacity without issue, wasn't even mentioned.

It might be harsh to say they are useless ,but in the last six months it's difficult to find one success. Self publicity might be the only thing.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I had my last pint in the open before the weather turns today. A sombre occasion with a lone piper and all. And a final tip of the hat to dining al fresco with an accompanying bag of peanuts.

A lasting fond memory I hope for the coming dark winter months of complete lockdown with daily TV slots featuring the Chuckle Brothers of science, Glum and Glummer warning that the next person to knock on my door will have a black cape and a scythe.