Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:24 am
BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 pm Some rumblings linking us to Joao Mario. I'd happily have him back to be honest and would be a bit miffed if he ended up at Newcastle or Lids.
That may be a plan to put him in MF and move Rice to CB. Moyes has mentioned it before.
Saw that mentioned. Tbh I think Moyes is so desperate for any signing, he'll juggle the lineup to accomodate
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 pm Some rumblings linking us to Joao Mario. I'd happily have him back to be honest and would be a bit miffed if he ended up at Newcastle or Lids.
In reality we should never have let him go , he may of started poorly for us but had turned it around in the end , I would definitely take him back .

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

JayK wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:34 am

That may be a plan to put him in MF and move Rice to CB. Moyes has mentioned it before.
Saw that mentioned. Tbh I think Moyes is so desperate for any signing, he'll juggle the lineup to accomodate
Can't see Rice being moved back to accommodate Mario tbh, Mario isn't in any way shape or form a DM. MInd you, it would be so us to sign a player and play him in a totally alien position.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Would be a major mistake imo. Rice is a quality performer but, as we saw on Saturday, can lose concentration at key moments. I've never been over impressed on the rare occasions we've used him at the back but, on the other hand, I dread to think what our defensive shield in midfield would be like if he was taken out of it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am

Would be a major mistake imo. Rice is a quality performer but, as we saw on Saturday, can lose concentration at key moments. I've never been over impressed on the rare occasions we've used him at the back but, on the other hand, I dread to think what our defensive shield in midfield would be like if he was taken out of it.
I agree. I think his best position is in MF myself. I guess we would only use him at CB if one of Ogbonna and Diop were missing.
I really agree with Moyes that we need a CB though. Both the above can be excellent or useless on any given day, there is no consistency at all to them.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ha ... get-gossip
Do I want to see us taking Calum Chambers on loan , he is a player I have always liked a very good talent and surprisingly still only 25 , at Southampton as a RB , after his move to Arsenal he played primarily as a CB , on loan at Fulham he played as a midfielder and was voted player of the season . So he would offer Moyes a player capable of playing well in a number of positions .
The thing is the guy had a Cruciate Ligament Rupture end of December , these are serious injuries and can take a while to recover from , would us taking him now be to early into his recovery , my worry would be that he would breakdown .

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Hardly been paying attention.

Have we made any signings?

When does the window close?

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:00 pm Hardly been paying attention.

Have we made any signings?

When does the window close?
No.

5th October.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:56 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am

I agree. I think his best position is in MF myself. I guess we would only use him at CB if one of Ogbonna and Diop were missing.
I really agree with Moyes that we need a CB though. Both the above can be excellent or useless on any given day, there is no consistency at all to them.
I actually think Ogbonna has been our most consistent performer, Rice apart, during our end of season rally and the start of this. But I believe a lot of the problems perceived to be the fault of a weak CD partnership are caused by having two FBs who aren't good defenders.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Let's face it there isn't going to be any signings.
We've done our business by selling Grady which makes up what we paid for soucek plus a bit more, to be trousered by the midget.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.