Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 am Sour grapes ?

No. Because Moyes brought that defeat on himself, the negative cunt.

But if the penalty given against Lindelof is now the new law, it beggars belief that West Ham weren't awarded one.

If the penalty given against Lindelof is any guideline the price of amputee defenders will rise significantly. I do however wonder if that penalty, and the subsequent fiasco of the re take, would have happened had Old Trafford been packed with 70,000 odd supporters.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:38 am
palerider wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 am Sour grapes ?

No. Because Moyes brought that defeat on himself, the negative cunt.

But if the penalty given against Lindelof is now the new law, it beggars belief that West Ham weren't awarded one.

If the penalty given against Lindelof is any guideline the price of amputee defenders will rise significantly. I do however wonder if that penalty, and the subsequent fiasco of the re take, would have happened had Old Trafford been packed with 70,000 odd supporters.
Now that's an interesting question: to what extent do crowds keep officials honest ? or is it the case , that some officials are bandy cunts, regardless of setting.

And just to start you off - I think it's the latter

hd1

Post by hd1 »

It always makes me laugh when people say 'Arsenal played shit and still won'. No credit given to us in the way we played, outplaying them at times, but no we only got a look in because Arsenal played shit :roll:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Castiron wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:57 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:32 pm

"I can knock Antonio" , got to love his energy , determination and endeavour , but and a big but the guy lacks technique and skill in front of goal , and most of the time the man is floundering , like a fish out of water. ( And don't say if he had the skill he wouldn't be at West Ham , because how would you know that ) .
For someone who's got no skill in front of goal, he's scored a lot of goals for us, and important ones. Kept us up, but still he's no good for some.
He scared the life out of the Arsenal centre backs, not bad for a winger.
We lost against a Arsenal side who looked like they were not even in the same stadium as us , because we lack a striker up front and anyone else with a boot on who have no idea where the goal is , of the 14 shots we had only 3 were on target , they had 7 shots and 3 on target , nothing to do with being unlucky or VAR .The Newcastle game we had 15 shots and only 3 on target again , Newcastle who were also shite that day had 15 shots and 2 on target .
We should have won the Arsenal game with ease in my eyes , but our strike force just isn't good enough , we need to bring in a striker pronto if Moyes doesn't like Haller and at least a proper Left sided wing forward, and a wingback or two .
Last edited by Clayton on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:25 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:38 am

Now that's an interesting question: to what extent do crowds keep officials honest ? or is it the case , that some officials are bandy cunts, regardless of setting.

And just to start you off - I think it's the latter
I'm guessing there are some who will be influenced in favour of the home side if upwards of 40,000 people are baying for a decision in their favour. But I'd be willing to bet there are some egomaniacs (Mike Dean ?) who would go the other way just to show what a strong character he is.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am
Castiron wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:57 pm
For someone who's got no skill in front of goal, he's scored a lot of goals for us, and important ones. Kept us up, but still he's no good for some.
He scared the life out of the Arsenal centre backs, not bad for a winger.
We lost against a Arsenal side who looked like they were not even in the same stadium as us , because we lack a striker up front and anyone else with a boot on who have no idea where the goal is , of the 14 shots we had only 3 were on target , they had 7 shots and 3 on target , nothing to do with being unlucky or VAR .The Newcastle game we had 15 shots and only 3 on target again , Newcastle who were also shite that day had 15 shots and 2 on target .
We should have won the Arsenal game with ease in my eyes , but our strike force just isn't good enough , we need to bring in a striker pronto if Moyes doesn't like Haller and at least a proper Left sided wing forward, and a wingback or two .
I think Haller is good enough but Antonio is not a striker. We have one striker at the club. 1

I think Haller is carrying a few pounds though - looks heavy to me.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Well I can't see Sullivan putting up with Moyes, giving our most expensive players 5 mins run outs every game for much longer, whether they are shit or not.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

only1salty wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:29 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am

I think Haller is good enough but Antonio is not a striker. We have one striker at the club. 1

I actually think Antonio would be much better for us out on the left instead of Fornals , but what do I know .
At the end of the day the team is Moyes and he will live or die by his decisions , but the stats to me say we need players that are more clinical in front of goal .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:45 am
only1salty wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:29 am

I actually think Antonio would be much better for us out on the left instead of Fornals , but what do I know .
At the end of the day the team is Moyes and he will live or die by his decisions , but the stats to me say we need players that are more clinical in front of goal .
Can't disagree with that assessment, although I'd play Antonio right side, not left, as he seems more naturally right footed. Fornals is a number 10 and should be played as a number 10 but at the moment that position seems to be reserved for the poster boy.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:16 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:45 am

Can't disagree with that assessment, although I'd play Antonio right side, not left, as he seems more naturally right footed. Fornals is a number 10 and should be played as a number 10 but at the moment that position seems to be reserved for the poster boy.
Ok you would play Antonio on the right , not a problem either would suit him , but who would you play on the left as I was only putting Antonio on the left as we have Bowen , but again it depends what formation the Messiah is planning to use .