No Surprises under Moyes

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

No Surprises under Moyes

Post by terrya1965 »

Even though we haven`t had the most glorious past gone by,we have always picked up one or two surprising results in a season.

We have gone to Away to a top 4 side like United,Arsenal,Spurs or Chelsea and won and got 3 points.Even at home at least once or twice in a season,we have done the business..Even under Big Sam,we have had that "What a result today"eg 3-0 away at Tottenham.

I really hope ,I am proved wrong,but I don`t think this will happen under Moyes..His mangers record playing against a Top 4 team is absolutely dreadful.

For much of his stint at Goodison Park the so-called top four were generally Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United. Moyes’ record against those teams during his 11 years with the Toffees was; lost 27, drawn 16, won 0.

While in charge of Sunderland, the Gunners, the Blues, City and Manchester United beat them home and away. They were also on the end of defeats at the hands of Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, with draws against those latter two the only points the Black Cats took away from teams in the upper echelons.

It could be argued that it is difficult for Moyes to compete with a struggling Sunderland side, but even when the Scot was Red Devils boss in 2013/14 his record wasn’t much better. A win against Arsenal was the only high point that campaign, with the Reds and Man City beating him home and away and Spurs and Chelsea also triumphant.From those two seasons, Moyes record reads; won 1, drawn 5, lost 16.

Looking at that evidence, I can`t seeing us getting anything ,especially a win against any of the Top 6.

Brookbonds73

Re: No Surprises under Moyes

Post by Brookbonds73 »

We're lucky to have him

Bilic out.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:38 pm Even though we haven`t had the most glorious past gone by,we have always picked up one or two surprising results in a season.

We have gone to Away to a top 4 side like United,Arsenal,Spurs or Chelsea and won and got 3 points.Even at home at least once or twice in a season,we have done the business..Even under Big Sam,we have had that "What a result today"eg 3-0 away at Tottenham.

I really hope ,I am proved wrong,but I don`t think this will happen under Moyes..His mangers record playing against a Top 4 team is absolutely dreadful.

For much of his stint at Goodison Park the so-called top four were generally Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United. Moyes’ record against those teams during his 11 years with the Toffees was; lost 27, drawn 16, won 0.

While in charge of Sunderland, the Gunners, the Blues, City and Manchester United beat them home and away. They were also on the end of defeats at the hands of Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, with draws against those latter two the only points the Black Cats took away from teams in the upper echelons.

It could be argued that it is difficult for Moyes to compete with a struggling Sunderland side, but even when the Scot was Red Devils boss in 2013/14 his record wasn’t much better. A win against Arsenal was the only high point that campaign, with the Reds and Man City beating him home and away and Spurs and Chelsea also triumphant.From those two seasons, Moyes record reads; won 1, drawn 5, lost 16.

Looking at that evidence, I can`t seeing us getting anything ,especially a win against any of the Top 6.
Don’t tell me , I didn’t appoint the useless Cuntv :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Stop digging the buggeyed cunt out and get behind him

One minute it was Bilic is a nice guy
Then it was Bilic bought Croatian supports drinks / ticket what a nice bloke
Beat top sides what a great blokes and super Slav then build a galowes to hang the cunt

And here we go again. 2nd time of keeping us up and you cunting the manager off
And you call numbers a hook nosed cunt ffs look In the mirror

Cut the scotch cunt some slack ffs

whufc_crest WHU fuck the rest

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

He beat Chelsea

Overall I agree, it was his fault we didn't win yesterday. It doesn't matter if we have 4 or 5 defenders, we concede crap goals. It was his fault he didn't bring on players to score more goals.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dagger wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:34 pm Stop digging the buggeyed cunt out and get behind him

One minute it was Bilic is a nice guy
Then it was Bilic bought Croatian supports drinks / ticket what a nice bloke
Beat top sides what a great blokes and super Slav then build a galowes to hang the cunt

And here we go again. 2nd time of keeping us up and you cunting the manager off
And you call numbers a hook nosed cunt ffs look In the mirror

Cut the scotch cunt some slack ffs

whufc_crest WHU fuck the rest
I am sorry Daggers,but this is a damming statistic and just proves how negative he is.Last night's game was there for the taking and we ended up losing it.

I know many were pleased with the performance, but Arteta reacted and it won him the game.It`s not like we had a pile of shit on the bench. In my opinion our bench was similar, if anything, ours was better.They don't call him Dithering Dave for nothing.You need to use the squad,not just the starting XI.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:55 pm He beat Chelsea

Overall I agree, it was his fault we didn't win yesterday. It doesn't matter if we have 4 or 5 defenders, we concede crap goals. It was his fault he didn't bring on players to score more goals.
Not totally his fault, although I agree the tactics were too negative once we had gained the upper hand in the game and failed to press home the advantage.

But the main reasons we didn't take at least one point were Rice losing Lacazette for Arsenal's first goal. And in typical West Ham fashion no one has dug him out for it, whereas had it been another player there would have been pages of criticism. And then the very scorable chances that Antonio and Bowen spurned when we were on top in the second half.

But the other side of the coin of course is that Moyes selected Fredericks. And next week will probably also select Noble.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

He was awestruck at the thought of getting an away point at Arsenal. He would have been happy with that. But then it all turned to shit.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

So all we've got to do is get rid of the fucking alarms. ;)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=no ... 6PC%3dU531
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I watched quite a bit of the football-fest yesterday and the pundits were purring at the amount of goals this weekend.

It was mentioned that teams now employ a risk and reward strategy placing the greater emphasis on scoring than conceding.

Except one.