Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm Being deadly serious if I was the manager I'd be very tempted, if he's as good as some reports suggest, to throw in the kid Ashby at RB. My thinking basically is that kids are confident, and keen to prove themselves. Tell him before the game he's up against one of the best strikers in world football (he probably already knows that) and you just want him to go out there and show what you can do. Double up down that side with either Antonio or Bowen to cover and see how it plays out. Even if the kid proves not to be all that he can't be any more of a defensive liability than Fredericks. And if he holds his own everyone comes out a winner.

Let's face it we're going to get sweet f a out of the game whatever line up we field. And the last time we threw a kid in against Arsenal it didn't turn out too badly on the day. Last time we got a result at The Emirates I think , even though the cunt's hat size increased a few notches once the dwarf gave him a new contract apparently.
We have had some bloody good kids come through the academy at RB Ashby , johnson , when you consider that Ngakia was suppose to be the best of them .

Limited chances to see them in action but Ngakia looked decent. Johnson showed his potential in a couple of post lockdown games but also proved he could be crap in the Bournemouth friendly and I've not seen Ashby. In fact I hadn't even heard of him until he played Tuesday night.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I hope we see something a lot more like the Charlton team instead of the Newcastle one, with Rice Soucek & Oggy in for Cullen, Snods & Balbuena. Cullen should be on the bench though.

Tough on Bowen, but Yarmo is our best player but as he is made of glass I would always be tempted for him to be a super sub, but I think he should start this one and Moyes has to be prepared to take him off within an hour.

Arsenal defense is better than last season, that Brazilian guy looks mustard

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’m told Moyes has never managed a team to get even a point at Arsenal ?

Dunno how true that is but it certainly won’t be happening this weekend.
Bring back Jonathon !

garnett

Post by garnett »

Arteta has our number, in fact everyone does.
Not looking forward to the game, we are a rudderless boat.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Is that anything like an udderless cow ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:58 am Arteta has our number, in fact everyone does.
Not looking forward to the game, we are a rudderless boat.
It's not being rudderless that's the main problem mate, it's the fucking great hole in the hull that's letting in thousands of gallons of water. A rudder isn't a lot of use when you're sinking. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

He could always pick from the same squad (Haller instead of Ajeti) that played against Chelsea last season. It's the reason we stayed up.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm Being deadly serious if I was the manager I'd be very tempted, if he's as good as some reports suggest, to throw in the kid Ashby at RB. My thinking basically is that kids are confident, and keen to prove themselves. Tell him before the game he's up against one of the best strikers in world football (he probably already knows that) and you just want him to go out there and show what you can do. Double up down that side with either Antonio or Bowen to cover and see how it plays out. Even if the kid proves not to be all that he can't be any more of a defensive liability than Fredericks. And if he holds his own everyone comes out a winner.

Let's face it we're going to get sweet f a out of the game whatever line up we field. And the last time we threw a kid in against Arsenal it didn't turn out too badly on the day. Last time we got a result at The Emirates I think , even though the cunt's hat size increased a few notches once the dwarf gave him a new contract apparently.
We have had some bloody good kids come through the academy at RB Ashby , johnson , when you consider that Ngakia was suppose to be the best of them .
Johnson has always been the best of them, his injury saw Ngakia equip himself rather well in the first team for a few games, but that doesn't erase the overall assessment of these youth players. I wonder if the selling of Diangana was in part due to Holland playing the same position?
#fuckqatar2022

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Hammertime wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 pm

Johnson has always been the best of them, his injury saw Ngakia equip himself rather well in the first team for a few games, but that doesn't erase the overall assessment of these youth players. I wonder if the selling of Diangana was in part due to Holland playing the same position?
As far as I know , Ngakia was the one most highly thought of at the academy , it was said he had the most potential .

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:17 pm
Hammertime wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 pm

As far as I know , Ngakia was the one most highly thought of at the academy , it was said he had the most potential .
Weird, I recall Johnson being raved about before I'd even heard of Ngakia, by all accounts when the Fredericks, Zaba injuries hit, had he not been injured himself, Ngakia might not have got a look. Johnson has also played lb, is pacier than Ngakia and was probably the reason the club didn't bite when young Jeremy went all Billy-big-bollox over his contract after 4 appearances in the first team!
#fuckqatar2022