Diangana to WBA

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Diangana to WBA

Post by ToneLoc »

hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:56 pm So £18m to add to the kitty plus a sell on clause, plentynof attacking players in the squad, and proof yesterday if ever it was needed that the defence needs shoring up, and everyone is still moaning.

Right now it is about priorities and that is to stop leaking goals.

I get Diang is rated by all but for that money and the players we already have, for me it makes sense, as hard as that is to take right.
Your points being made on the assumption that they actually sign any defensive players this window of course?
Also there's the context of just how poor the timing of it is.
There's also the context of how hopelessly off the psychological pulse those at the controls have demonstrated their fingers to be once again.
Psychology is everything in top level sport and this move (in the absence of any plausible benefit as of today) has clearly been seen as a hammer blow by so many, right through to the playing staff.

It's going to take one or two signings of significant quality and in the correct positions to reverse the tsunami-sized negative wave of energy that's been created by such an ill-thought out move.
Let's hope they have something up their sleeves (if I were a betting man????...........).
Last edited by ToneLoc on Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:56 pm So £18m to add to the kitty plus a sell on clause, plentynof attacking players in the squad, and proof yesterday if ever it was needed that the defence needs shoring up, and everyone is still moaning.

I get Diang is rated by all but for that money and the players we already have, for me it makes sense, as hard as that is to take right.
Surely the sensible thing would have been to sell Anderson could still get 20-25m for him, and keep an academy prospect that is only going to get better?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Where are they? Let's be having you? :D pair of fucking cunts, the silence is deafening.
Shitters can't even be bothered to try and appease the "customers".
Cunts.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

course we are still moaning, there are other players we could have, and should have got rid of before him. But it wasnt a surprise after Bilic saying last season he would like to have had him permanently. He was a certain to be sold. Sullivan didnt have far to look for a buyer for a nailed on sale. All that was left to do was settle for a fee.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

If it were at all possible to further alienate the fans, these stinking filthy cunts will find a way.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Surely the sensible thing would have been to sell Anderson could still get 20-25m for him, and keep an academy prospect that is only going to get better?
Of course. But ask yourself this. If you were a potential buyer, knew West Ham were in the financial brown stuff because, well they keep telling everyone they are, wouldn't you realise you were in a buyers' market ? Of course you would. You would wait until the pips really started to squeak, arseholes started to twitch and, at the last minute, bid low. Very low.

And then ask yourself another question. Would you have any confidence in the dwarf negotiating a decent deal in opposition to, say, Daniel Levey ? FFS if it was a boxing match the referee would stop the fight before a punch was thrown. I suspect the dwarf is still looking at Anderson and expecting offers similar to the fee we paid for him.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:36 pm

Of course. But ask yourself this. If you were a potential buyer, knew West Ham were in the financial brown stuff because, well they keep telling everyone they are, wouldn't you realise you were in a buyers' market ? Of course you would. You would wait until the pips really started to squeak, arseholes started to twitch and, at the last minute, bid low. Very low.

And then ask yourself another question. Would you have any confidence in the dwarf negotiating a decent deal in opposition to, say, Daniel Levey ? FFS if it was a boxing match the referee would stop the fight before a punch was thrown. I suspect the dwarf is still looking at Anderson and expecting offers similar to the fee we paid for him.
Well I did say the sensible thing and Sense and Sullivan don’t go together.
selling a good prospect like that has really hit the morale of the club.

If I was you I would put that bet on us to get relegated.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

:lol: 25M

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:36 pm

I like to know why we are the ONLY club in the brown stuff?Everyone else is still seems to be spending.
Is it because of their incompetence?I am not sure tbh.
From figures I have seen,our income is the highest outside the Top 6?

Maybe it is the wages?But haven`t we got a lot of big earners off the book in the last 2 years?

Are we really skint or are they just topping up their pensions?

We have spent on average,just over £30 million a season in the last 5 years,which isn`t much really,when the TV money is four times that.With all the stuff,like the fans in the stadium,Sponsorship's and merchandise,it`s hard to believe we are broke.

Let`s be honest we payout a lot less on other costs,that other Football Clubs have to find on Stadium costs,has well has no proper scouting system.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:47 pm

:lol: 25M
Exactly . I’m sure if anybody had been interested in Anderson he would have been gone .

It wouldn’t surprise me if Sullivan actually rang West Brom and offered Grady to them as he couldn’t shift anybody else .

I’m more interested in what Moyes’ part in all this was.

Either he went along with it , in which case he is a lying Cunt for trying to bullshit us with all this young hungry player talk .

Or he’s a spineless Cunt for allowing Sullivan to sell Diangana without quitting in disgust like he should have done.
Bring back Jonathon !