Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BillyDWhizz »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:00 pm Yeah we fucked up...rest of the world has it sussed...every where else in the world has it under control...and we're gonna be
wiped out.....

Boris and his mates will crawl out of their Bunker....and flog the UK to the States for 500 Billion....happy days..... :lol:

Seriously tho, it is what it is...it's doing exactly the same everywhere...we're no better or worse than anywhere else....
Taking it all in, I'd say doing slightly better than most....seems like we are one of the only countries putting true stats
up....in fact with a little legal tweaking could make them seem a lot better....

Take a look around whats going on...why should we be immune from it....knocking on up to 2,000,000 new cases a week,
Worldwide and 6500 deaths a day ,which is easily nearer 10,000...and it maybe it hasn't peaked yet...it slows and picks
up again.....fuck knows where it's going at the moment....some countries have no way of containing it adequately...
so it will keep moving on....

We're doing the best we can with this shit of a thing...and all the Press/Media...Plenty of so called "Experts"
Scientific and Medical etc....and a whole bunch of Talking Heads on the TV interviews...is Slag the Country/Government
off....................AGAIN..........
Nice channelling of the Trump there MK, but what you say isn't even remotely close to being true. Just off the top of my head, take Thailand, a country with a population approx 2 million greater than that of the UK, they've had 3,345 cases and 58 deaths, we're up to nearly 48,000 deaths and fuck knows how many cases, so to say we're no better or worse off than anywhere else is just plain wrong. We're worse off by a long, long way.

Compare the UK to any other country with a population of comparable size to ours and we're fucking miles ahead in the terms of deaths. That stat is not a coincidence, bad luck or pure serendipity, it's a stat that shows that the UK has fucked this pandemic up from the get go. Also, I don't believe for one moment your stat rigging conspiracy either, not from within any democratic country anyway. No, the UK Government has to take responsibility for this and to try and lay the blame at the feet of the media is a bit pharisaical imo. God forbid anyone critisise the mighty Boris and his Government for the bang up job they're doing.

There's a reason the blonde booby has been sacked from pretty much every job he's ever had, trouble is, his ineptitude is now costing lives.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:00 pm Yeah we fucked up...rest of the world has it sussed...every where else in the world has it under control...and we're gonna be
wiped out.....

Boris and his mates will crawl out of their Bunker....and flog the UK to the States for 500 Billion....happy days..... :lol:

Seriously tho, it is what it is...it's doing exactly the same everywhere...we're no better or worse than anywhere else....
Taking it all in, I'd say doing slightly better than most....seems like we are one of the only countries putting true stats
up....in fact with a little legal tweaking could make them seem a lot better....

Take a look around whats going on...why should we be immune from it....knocking on up to 2,000,000 new cases a week,
Worldwide and 6500 deaths a day ,which is easily nearer 10,000...and it maybe it hasn't peaked yet...it slows and picks
up again.....fuck knows where it's going at the moment....some countries have no way of containing it adequately...

We're doing the best we can with this shit of a thing...and all the Press/Media...Plenty of so called "Experts"
Scientific and Medical etc....and a whole bunch of Talking Heads on the TV interviews...is Slag the Country/Government
Nice channelling of the Trump there MK, but what you say isn't even remotely close to being true. Just off the top of my head, take Thailand, a country with a population approx 2 million greater than that of the UK, they've had 3,345 cases and 58 deaths, we're up to nearly 48,000 deaths and fuck knows how many cases, so to say we're no better or worse off than anywhere else is just plain wrong. We're worse off by a long, long way.

Compare the UK to any other country with a population of comparable size to ours and we're fucking miles ahead in the terms of deaths. That stat is not a coincidence, bad luck or pure serendipity, it's a stat that shows that the UK has fucked this pandemic up from the get go. Also, I don't believe for one moment your stat rigging conspiracy either, not from within any democratic country anyway. No, the UK Government has to take responsibility for this and to try and lay the blame at the feet of the media is a bit pharisaical imo. God forbid anyone critisise the mighty Boris and his Government for the bang up job they're doing.

There's a reason the blonde booby has been sacked from pretty much every job he's ever had, trouble is, his ineptitude is now costing lives.
I'm working in Paris at the moment and you can't convince a french person that anyone is worse than Macron at dealing with Covid-19.
It seems every country seems to think their P.M/President is the worst thing since un-sliced bread.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

JayK wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:28 am
ToneLoc wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:38 am
A drive through? Like McDonalds? ;)

Where was that mate? How did you organise it?
😂
Was just a car park in Basildon behind the train station.
Did you get a nosh thrown in with it? :lol:
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:50 am
JayK wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:28 am

😂
Was just a car park in Basildon behind the train station.
Did you get a nosh thrown in with it? :lol:
Nobody there worthy of the privilege mate 😂
COYI!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

The poor lad in Georgia was African American. However, my point remains valid; in that it is dangerous and foolish to consider this to be a disease that only affects the old, weak and infirm.

I am sure the the 2 Aberdeen players who recently tested positive do not fall into any of those categories. Stupid yes, but that is a different matter. 😆
Flairon

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 pm
wiped out.....

Bill,every single country is different...in every aspect of this...from how it got in,how many people entered that particular
country in the early days, that were infected,so were passing it around before ANYONE was aware...population density,
Climate maybe,what season it was in when started taking hold...infrastructure,overcrowding in vulnerable areas,
the way a society works....does it have mass gatherings at public events..is the ethnic make up of the country maybe more
vulnerable to the virus...does the country already have things in place to cope with it...does it have high rate of population
movement...i.e tourists,business travellers...etc.....is it going thru other problems causing movement and meetings(BLM)
meaning poss infections that wouldn't have otherwise have happened...mate could go on...these aren't excuses they are
facts.
There's NO set way to deal with this....the only way cant be done...a complete and utter shut down worldwide...thats
beyond impossible...cos more people would die from the after effects of that than would actually die from Covid.

Totally disagree...we are not way way worse than anyone else....the death rate are slightly above the "True" Ave..
because of the way we report and log them ...like said before on here...a Bloke has Covid,makes a complete recovery
month later gets knocked down and killed by a bus...Goes down as Traffic Accident,but Covid also goes on the death
certificate and gets logged and reported as a covid death as well...I've not worked out why we do that.

Some of the reporting and logging of death rates is a joke...look at Russias death rate stats...prob a hundredth
of ours..do they have a different virus...Thing just watched on tv now...reckon Brazil could be 6 times worse than
reported figures....look at some of the stats ..they don't make any logical sense...
No doubt you and the other guys do your own research...but put this up before.....
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
helps get to see whats happening Worldwide....there loads of other stuff out there...not saying anything you don't already
know...

Our News reporting on this is so blinkered...and do you really believe...they are supporting the Government on this,
and not digging them out at every single opportunity ..it's constant Bill...

Our Stats when broken down...everything taken in are about average....deaths per million...death rate by infection..
death s by population...etc...

Are you looking at this because your anti Tory/Boris...or being totally objective....
Last edited by mkhammer on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Meanwhile Covid ridden dinghys and small vessels are infecting our shores daily.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:29 am Meanwhile Covid ridden dinghys and small vessels are infecting our shores daily.
We should be using that as a Legal excuse to send them back where they came from,even country of Origin...
at this present time...

Would put all the 20 year olds straight back on a Ferry to France...be more selective and helpful to Families with children,
give them sanctuary till investigated....

But wouldn't surprise me if they are kidnapping and using pregnant women with falsified documents...nothing surprises
me with these bastards...does seem to be the "in thing" at moment....

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:40 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:29 am Meanwhile Covid ridden dinghys and small vessels are infecting our shores daily.
We should be using that as a Legal excuse to send them back where they came from,even country of Origin...
at this present time...

Would put all the 20 year olds straight back on a Ferry to France...be more selective and helpful to Families with children,

But wouldn't surprise me if they are kidnapping and using pregnant women with falsified documents...nothing surprises
Couldn’t we take the women and children off first then sink the fuckers ?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:48 am
mkhammer wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:40 am

at this present time...

Couldn’t we take the women and children off first then sink the fuckers ?
Nah don't think so Dwayne..... :lol: