Pablo Fornals has grown this season

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Pablo Fornals has grown this season

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:07 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:33 pm
I know what I make of that but I’m interested to see the views of the numerical one :lol:
Seriously ? You are actually interested in it's views. ?
Yeah because he’s going to dispute the stats Towie quoted above.

West Ham didn’t play 45 games last season :D
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:33 am

Towie included the 3 games for Spain U21, so it was 42 appearances starter/substitute for West Ham in league and cups.

And that was a surprise as I didn't realise how much the lad featured. Well done Towie

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Hopefully Fornals will go from strength to strength and ultimately prove to be a very good signing for years to come.
Last edited by Flairon on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flairon

JayK

Post by JayK »

36 appearances and 5 assists according to the official site. Strangely it didn't mention goals from what I could see
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:33 am

Yep, checked detail all correct includes 5 Spanish u21 appearances. Even without those still comparable to Mounts who is playing in a much better team. Except when they play us off course.

What I saw tweeted, I am not nerdy enough to check the detail. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The term "assists" can be very misleading imo. I might be wrong but I think an "assist" is awarded to the player who puts the ball to the actual scorer. So using to 3-2 win against Chelsea as an example Bowen would be credited for the assist for Antonio's goal as he put in the cross. Similarly Antonio would be credited with the assist for Yarmolenko's winner.

But watching the goals in detail it can be seen that Fornals had a key involvement in both those goals. And I would guess that analysis of any goal scored will often show that, as well as the player putting in the final ball and the actual scorer there are other players whose contribution to the move was as significant.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Yankee Iron

Post by Yankee Iron »

I’ve actually enjoyed watching him this season. He’s stepped up and took over from struggling Lanzini and Anderson. Look forward to him next season.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

He's a good player for us...not only is he getting in assisting the goals for us, but as Whisky says he seems to be involved in the build up to goals even if he is credited with the final assist. But what I really admire about him is how much he has been involved in the defensive side of things as well, he runs his socks off in the time he is on the field, Very similar stats to Noble so maybe he might fit into that role next season....lets hope so.... shakeass

Towie

Post by Towie »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:07 pm He's a good player for us...not only is he getting in assisting the goals for us, but as Whisky says he seems to be involved in the build up to goals even if he is credited with the final assist. But what I really admire about him is how much he has been involved in the defensive side of things as well, he runs his socks off in the time he is on the field, Very similar stats to Noble so maybe he might fit into that role next season....lets hope so.... shakeass
That is exactly where I would play him, however moyesauras will keep him out wide to accommodate Noble.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

h69

Post by h69 »

Fornals has had a hand in many goals since lockdown and works well with Bowen, Soucek and Noble as well as Antonio.

Cracking little player who has had a decent first season considering he is young and has had to get used to a new country during the mess that was Covid etc.