Punting - A Pastime for Mugs

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Punting - A Pastime for Mugs

Post by OZHAMMER »

My bet for the punter’s club this week. One of the multis that I put on looked the goods:
Attachments
9F88F5BF-777C-44ED-B867-28BCE682BF10.png
9F88F5BF-777C-44ED-B867-28BCE682BF10.png (165.9 KiB) Viewed 1976 times

OZHAMMER

Re: Punting - A Pastime for Mugs

Post by OZHAMMER »

Then I see this headline:
Attachments
AEBECFFE-6BA3-4109-82F0-55B14805B976.png
AEBECFFE-6BA3-4109-82F0-55B14805B976.png (218.43 KiB) Viewed 1976 times

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

When I saw this thread header I assumed it was a post about some assorted undergraduates poncing about on the river in Cambridge.

The headline Cunt Falls Out Of Punt has a nice ring to it.

That games off now anyway.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Aberdeen is currently enduring a 14 day withdrawal of privileges. This is due to a cluster of infections that have been discovered originating from a couple of the pubs in that fine city. Speculation has included the suspicion that transmissions first occurred from a public house "the Central" or something approximating that name, and was then spread further by the popular past time of pub crawls.

Geo lives in Aberdeen so presumably he is under the same restrictions as everybody else.

The schools re-opened in Scotland this week,so that should distribute the problem on a more equitable basis.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Absolutely nothing wrong with punting.

As a side interest while I took my first for Genetic Engineering at Corpus Christi, I wooed the delightful Felicity Ponsonby-Smythe while creeping along the Cam before finding some hidden rushes where I could pass that particular exam with honours.

Just because I own half of Somerset now, I've never forgotten my roots and my love for messing about on water.

Don't forget.

Anal is just Canal without the C.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:55 pm Absolutely nothing wrong with punting.

As a side interest while I took my first for Genetic Engineering at Corpus Christi, I wooed the delightful Felicity Ponsonby-Smythe while creeping along the Cam before finding some hidden rushes where I could pass that particular exam with honours.

Just because I own half of Somerset now, I've never forgotten my roots and my love for messing about on water.

Don't forget.

Did you have to fight for her affections - was it a gunfight at the OK canal

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

A Bet Too Far....

Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:15 pm Aberdeen is currently enduring a 14 day withdrawal of privileges. This is due to a cluster of infections that have been discovered originating from a couple of the pubs in that fine city. Speculation has included the suspicion that transmissions first occurred from a public house "the Central" or something approximating that name, and was then spread further by the popular past time of pub crawls.

Geo lives in Aberdeen so presumably he is under the same restrictions as everybody else.

The schools re-opened in Scotland this week,so that should distribute the problem on a more equitable basis.
They have schools in Scotland ? One learns something every day.,

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:55 pm Absolutely nothing wrong with punting.

Don't forget.

Or Banal without the B

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

So with the game suspended what happens to the multi bet? Does it sit in abeyance until such time as the game is played.
Flairon