I Was Correct Part II

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: I Was Correct Part II

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:08 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:50 pm

I believe Wigan, Sheff Wed and Derby are all looking at points deductions.
Typical of the EFL's muddled approach to running the game. Wigan have been deducted points already. They intend to appeal. So if their appeal is succesful they could have the deduction reduced or cancelled completely, meaning Barnsley, and not them, will be relegated. Sheffield Wednesday & Derby both face points deductions which, as I understand it, could mean Wednesday are relegated if the points deduction was sufficiently large. Agan there is a right of appeal which would mean no one would have any idea whatsoever what was going on until the appeals process had been done and dusted.

The EFL fit for purpose ? I think not.
And Sheff Wed decision is imminent but they will appeal taking it into next season whereas the Derby one wont be until after the beginning of next season

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:58 am Read muppets.
Nothing to do with virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... estigation

Do you think we are all so thick,that we do not know that?The owners at Wigan are crooks.

July 31st 2021...Remember the date folks.

Post by 9898 »

No club gone bust because of Coronavirus.
No club talking about going bust.
Owners like Sugo conning the fans by using it as excuse not to spend.

Surprise, surprise.

Correctimondooooo.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:32 pm No club gone bust because of Coronavirus.
No club talking about going bust.
Owners like Sugo conning the fans by using it as excuse not to spend.

Surprise, surprise.

Correctimondooooo.
I won`t disagree with your last comment.

Erm,haven't we spoken about this already..This time next year mate.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Flairon

papawhisky

Post by papawhisky »

I could be wrong but as I understand it the furlough scheme is active until October, providing that employers registered employees in it before June/July. Obviously the majority of football clubs, particularly below PL level, would have done so. Basic financial security.
Therefore it is ENTIRELY impossible to judge the outcome of the virus on football clubs at any level at the moment. Anyone trying to do so in an attempt to win a mindless and pathetic argument would be...well... mindless and pathetic. As Terry says, give it a few months.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

papawhisky wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:56 pm I could be wrong but as I understand it the furlough scheme is active until October, providing that employers registered employees in it before June/July. Obviously the majority of football clubs, particularly below PL level, would have done so. Basic financial security.
Therefore it is ENTIRELY impossible to judge the outcome of the virus on football clubs at any level at the moment. Anyone trying to do so in an attempt to win a mindless and pathetic argument would be...well... mindless and pathetic. As Terry says, give it a few months.
Apart from West Ham of course .

Covid has slaughtered us of course . Just ask the Dwarf Cunt .
Bring back Jonathon !

papawhisky

Post by papawhisky »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:27 pm
papawhisky wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:56 pm I could be wrong but as I understand it the furlough scheme is active until October, providing that employers registered employees in it before June/July. Obviously the majority of football clubs, particularly below PL level, would have done so. Basic financial security.
Apart from West Ham of course .

Covid has slaughtered us of course . Just ask the Dwarf Cunt .
Yeah West ham have always been a bit odd ;)
Off Topic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I thought the furlough scheme had ended now, but you may well be right as I'm retired now and don't take as much interest in things like that now I no longer have to. ;)

But anyone who thinks coronavirus isn't affecting the financial workings of football clubs clearly hasn't got the full complement of operational brain cells. Arsenal are one of the wealthiest clubs in England and have just announced 55 redundancies. This is on top of players and senior executives already having agreed reductions of 12.5% in salaries. Spurs have already received a type of "bridging loan" underwritten by the Bank of England, and they are another club which has been very well run since the present ownership took over.

Coronavirus will have, in fact is already having, a significant effect on football clubs. Premier league clubs derive much of their income from broadcasting revenues and so are, to a large extent, shielded from the worst cash shortfalls. Although apparently Arsenal reckon the present situation has cost the £24 million in lost match day revenues. Add to that whatever figure they lost as a result of the rebate paid to broadcasters and you'll get some idea of the financial impact.

Imo a number of clubs lower down the pyramid, much more reliant on match day revenues, will end up being run as part time or amateur operations unless some way of funding their match day operations, such as live streaming, can be found. No business can survive with pretty much zero cash flow which is what League One and Two clubs are facing at the moment.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Arsenal making 50 staff redundant due to coronavirus.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.