Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:27 am
palerider wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 am

Watkins had no service but huffed and puffed to the end. Benrahma however looked like he gave up when his fancy flicks didn't come off and had a shocker. Bigger clubs eyeing his availability will have noticed that.
It's one game though. Anyone scouting them will have watched them a dozen times.
Indeed it is only one game and, as you say, MOST clubs would probably have a fifty page dossier on them. But I have a nagging doubt that we don't do things like most clubs. I have no idea why I think like this but I imagine our scouting network consists of Moyes, or one of his coaching team, going to watch someone a couple of times, studying videos clips and then making a decision. And it wouldn't surprise me if the decision making bit involved a heads or tails scenario. Unfair ? I hope so, but somehow the doubts persist.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This fills me with great confidence.............normally our buys are converted, historically, from good players to absolute dross...but this time......

"West Ham are closing in on an £18m deal for Barcelona flop Martin Braithwaite, according to reports in Spain"

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Can't fucking wait....

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:53 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This fills me with great confidence.............normally our buys are converted, historically, from good players to absolute dross...but this time......

"West Ham are closing in on an £18m deal for Barcelona flop Martin Braithwaite, according to reports in Spain"

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Can't fucking wait....
That would read funnier if it said: West Ham are the only club closing in on an £18m deal for Barcelona flop Martin Braithwaite...

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Flairon

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:21 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:27 am

It's one game though. Anyone scouting them will have watched them a dozen times.
Indeed it is only one game and, as you say, MOST clubs would probably have a fifty page dossier on them. But I have a nagging doubt that we don't do things like most clubs. I have no idea why I think like this but I imagine our scouting network consists of Moyes, or one of his coaching team, going to watch someone a couple of times, studying videos clips and then making a decision. And it wouldn't surprise me if the decision making bit involved a heads or tails scenario. Unfair ? I hope so, but somehow the doubts persist.
I don't think that whatever it is we do with regards to scouting is worthy of having the suffix 'network'. :lol:

One scout and advertising for volunteers just about sums us up.
That said I'd pass on Benrahma now Brentford are looking for £25m. Watkins I'd take in a heartbeat though, especially as Antonio is bound to miss at least 10 games through injury.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ex is right - something will be happening in September

Can I be the first to state that something will also be happening in October. Like Ex I can't say what it is,but you can trust me that something will happen.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:22 pm Ex is right - something will be happening in September

Can I be the first to state that something will also be happening in October. Like Ex I can't say what it is,but you can trust me that something will happen.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .............and maybe November as well

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:22 pm Ex is right - something will be happening in September

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
COYI!!!