Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Riceascaptain

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Riceascaptain »

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

So Dafydd has told Hugh that Moyes wants to spend £45m?

Did he say how much he’ll actually get?

Because it’s more likely to be a tenth of that

Towie

Post by Towie »

punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:38 pm So Dafydd has told Hugh that Moyes wants to spend £45m?

Did he say how much he’ll actually get?

Because it’s more likely to be a tenth of that
Think 4.5m is more believable, and that is if we are lucky.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

So, has Brentford falling at the final hurdle cleared the way for us to sign Benrahma or Watkins?
I'd certainly take Watkins over Braithwaite, especially as the fee would allegedly be similar.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:11 am So, has Brentford falling at the final hurdle cleared the way for us to sign Benrahma or Watkins?
I'd certainly take Watkins over Braithwaite, especially as the fee would allegedly be similar.
Watkins had no service but huffed and puffed to the end. Benrahma however looked like he gave up when his fancy flicks didn't come off and had a shocker. Bigger clubs eyeing his availability will have noticed that.

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:11 am So, has Brentford falling at the final hurdle cleared the way for us to sign Benrahma or Watkins?
I'll happily admit that last night was the first time I'd watched wither for a full game. Watkins worked hard but had next to no support. Benrahma looked like a show pony from the off. On the evidence of last night I wouldn't touch him with the proverbial bargepole.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Riceascaptain wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:41 am
I don't believe a word of that rumour.

Whether or not Eze would be a good investment or not, for a similar amount of money, I think they'll do all they can to get him.

Assuming we keep Rice, which is most definitely not a given, and they can offload a few, I can see Eze, a left-back and maybe Duffy from Brighton arriving because Moyes rates him.

No-one else.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:21 am
Riceascaptain wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:41 am
I don't believe a word of that rumour.

Whether or not Eze would be a good investment or not, for a similar amount of money, I think they'll do all they can to get him.

Assuming we keep Rice, which is most definitely not a given, and they can offload a few, I can see Eze, a left-back and maybe Duffy from Brighton arriving because Moyes rates him.

No-one else.
I don't believe it either. I am listening to Talk Sport right now and, as you probably know, they are all over transfer speculation and there has been absolutely no mention of Brathwaite, or for that matter West Ham, in the last hour.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

palerider wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 am
Watkins had no service but huffed and puffed to the end. Benrahma however looked like he gave up when his fancy flicks didn't come off and had a shocker. Bigger clubs eyeing his availability will have noticed that.
It's one game though. Anyone scouting them will have watched them a dozen times.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.