Man United vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Man United vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:35 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:45 pm
Not too many plastic red Mancs in Chelmsford.
Lots of plastic dippers though.
Boozer was full of em last night. I swear I saw them wearing City shirts last season.
Think they all work in the Chinese restaurant ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:44 am I have to say what a sly dirty cunt that Matic is for them cunts.

Taken from the official site.
Noticed he kept standing in the back of our players heels.

Ogbonna did him nicely as well 🤣

palerider

Post by palerider »

I didn't see it as I was driving, listening on the radio, but even that Manc tart Robbie Savage said we'd played well.

Like a few others I know Moyes is getting some grudging praise from us , and he's earned it.

Fickle cunts that we are we'll be calling for his head if we lose the season opener but for now enjoy it.

At the beginning of restart I didn't give us a prayer. But if the dwarf had retained Mr Dead we'd have been relegated, of that I'm certain.

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:38 am Prob best performance of season that one for me...a really proper professional display....great team work...all covering and
watching each other...a high press was used at times...I'm fuckin shocked and seriously pleased with that,it totally screws
the other side up,when you get in early...
Playing out from the back...it was like watching a different team.....think Fab longballed it maybe 3 times...
Trying to keep possession.....even if it means going backwards at times....Watch Man City...who everyone loves,they play
back passes more than any other side...keep possession and start again.

Everyone played well...was just a great team effort.....only side to get near Man U..in the league,for a very long time...

However much we dig Moyes out...he knows his stuff....maybe moreso than any manager we've had recently and from what
I've seen at times more than Peller...and I'm Serious on that...I'd have Moyes over Peller..all day long...wonder what David
could do with a 150 mill spend.....we'll give him, well our owners,will give him 20/30...plus what we get from outgoings,maybe
same again.....but don't think the spend is the be all and end all anyway...we have decent players...just get em playing right.
Imperative we get the FB situation sorted Ben J had another good game...we seem to play OK when he's in...just the odd
errant pass...which is a NO NO...you cant do that.....passing to a team mate..who loses a 50/50...maybe fair enough a couple
times...but passing direct to an opponent...you wouldn't play for me if you done that to often...but he gets the game,
Positionally ,Covering....knowing when to go and when to sit will come ..longer and more he plays..
and we have dropped him in at the deep end in games he has played so far...real high hopes for him...to nail that spot
down....

Didn't want Moyes first time or second time....but can't fault his determination and Passion it shows ..I like that...
And as much that I want someone younger Euro Manager with that Knowledge and Passion...if he stays...as he has
won me over a bit...will support and give him 100%...
Just need the Players to do that next year..

But more importantly I'm winning shitloads on backing us.. 9/1 yesterday score draw....don't want this season to end.... :lol:
Every team always wants to spend money on players to fix issues and improve the team. In my mind, we are no worse at that than most of the other teams of our size.

Our problem is always getting the best out of these players when they get here. We dont do that, up til now we have never really got the best out of Antonio, Anderson, Haller, Ogbonna, Diop despite them being decent players.

It takes a transfer window or two to build a squad but a couple of seasons to build a team with an identity. We only made a couple of signings in Jan but with the lockdown and some time to work on tactics, defending and shape, we look a much better team already.

Whatever people say about Moyes, he appears to be a decent coach as he is definitely getting the best out of the players playing the other night. Antonio is thriving in an similar way to Arnie and Bowen and Soucek look very good players.

Key now is to fix the FB situation and get the best out of the marquee players like Haller and Anderson that cost a small fortune.

We look like scoring goals, are much better at the back and have some confidence. A couple of new FBs and a new CB and backup striker (or a decent replacement for Haller) and we would be a decent side.

Pellegrini's issue is that he does not understand that in the PL, Pace and power trump most other attributes for attacking and even defensive players now. At Man City they used to mention this as well but he had such vast amounts of quality that players like Aguero got them through but it is a no brainer why Pep took them onto a far higher level. I am convinced that is why Arnie and Antonio bother teams far more than Haller seems to.

We will see. To all these people wanting a young hungry European manager, that is as much a gamble since Daniel Farke was such a manager as was the Huddersfield german who I have forgotten the name of. Both tried to play a style that simply wont work in the PL with the players they had.
Last edited by h69 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:16 am

Oh come on ffs. It was a very good performance against an in form team. But epic ? Not in a million years. When I read that I thought I'd stumbled onto a Spurs forum. ;) ;)

But on the evidence of recent games, Burnley apart, there are signsa we are at least moving toeards being a comfortable mid table team. Still don't like the deep defence line though as we have no outlet and all too often we are reduced to hoofing it clear only for it to come straight back.

Johnson showed great positional awareness and discipline but I thought his distribution was bloody awful. But if he sorts that aspect of his game out he could have a future in the PL. Certainly already an upgrade on Fredericks, even with the distribution issues.

For me Ogbonna, Rice, Fornals and Noble (who I think has been excellent in the last 2 games-the role he's in seems to suit him) were the standouts. Tbh although I love Bowen's industry I'm still to be convinced of him as an attacking force. But he's young and hopefully his decision making will get better with experience.
Tbf,only an amazing performance from Pope stopped us getting anything out that game.
But surely you're not saying we played well against Burnley ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:46 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:38 am Prob best performance of season that one for me...a really proper professional display....great team work...all covering and
watching each other...a high press was used at times...I'm fuckin shocked and seriously pleased with that,it totally screws
the other side up,when you get in early...
Playing out from the back...it was like watching a different team.....think Fab longballed it maybe 3 times...
Trying to keep possession.....even if it means going backwards at times....Watch Man City...who everyone loves,they play
back passes more than any other side...keep possession and start again.

Everyone played well...was just a great team effort.....only side to get near Man U..in the league,for a very long time...

However much we dig Moyes out...he knows his stuff....maybe moreso than any manager we've had recently and from what
I've seen at times more than Peller...and I'm Serious on that...I'd have Moyes over Peller..all day long...wonder what David
could do with a 150 mill spend.....we'll give him, well our owners,will give him 20/30...plus what we get from outgoings,maybe
same again.....but don't think the spend is the be all and end all anyway...we have decent players...just get em playing right.
Imperative we get the FB situation sorted Ben J had another good game...we seem to play OK when he's in...just the odd
errant pass...which is a NO NO...you cant do that.....passing to a team mate..who loses a 50/50...maybe fair enough a couple
times...but passing direct to an opponent...you wouldn't play for me if you done that to often...but he gets the game,
Positionally ,Covering....knowing when to go and when to sit will come ..longer and more he plays..
and we have dropped him in at the deep end in games he has played so far...real high hopes for him...to nail that spot
down....

Didn't want Moyes first time or second time....but can't fault his determination and Passion it shows ..I like that...
And as much that I want someone younger Euro Manager with that Knowledge and Passion...if he stays...as he has
won me over a bit...will support and give him 100%...
Just need the Players to do that next year..

But more importantly I'm winning shitloads on backing us.. 9/1 yesterday score draw....don't want this season to end.... :lol:
Every team always wants to spend money on players to fix issues and improve the team. In my mind, we are no worse at that than most of the other teams of our size.

Our problem is always getting the best out of these players when they get here. We dont do that, up til now we have never really got the best out of Antonio, Anderson, Haller, Ogbonna, Diop despite them being decent players.

It takes a transfer window or two to build a squad but a couple of seasons to build a team with an identity. We only made a couple of signings in Jan but with the lockdown and some time to work on tactics, defending and shape, we look a much better team already.

Whatever people say about Moyes, he appears to be a decent coach as he is definitely getting the best out of the players playing the other night. Antonio is thriving in an similar way to Arnie and Bowen and Soucek look very good players.

Key now is to fix the FB situation and get the best out of the marquee players like Haller and Anderson that cost a small fortune.

We look like scoring goals, are much better at the back and have some confidence. A couple of new FBs and a new CB and backup striker (or a decent replacement for Haller) and we would be a decent side.

Pellegrini's issue is that he does not understand that in the PL, Pace and power trump most other attributes for attacking and even defensive players now. At Man City they used to mention this as well but he had such vast amounts of quality that players like Aguero got them through but it is a no brainer why Pep took them onto a far higher level. I am convinced that is why Arnie and Antonio bother teams far more than Haller seems to.

We will see. To all these people wanting a young hungry European manager, that is as much a gamble since Daniel Farke was such a manager as was the Huddersfield german who I have forgotten the name of. Both tried to play a style that simply wont work in the PL with the players they had.
Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Anderson again. Moyes probably told him to toughen up, he spat his dummy out, and they said he was injured. We've been carrying him all season.
When he's good he's good, but we cannot keep going into seasons with passengers onboard.
Not sure Moyes is that keen on Haller either.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:49 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 am

Tbf,only an amazing performance from Pope stopped us getting anything out that game.
But surely you're not saying we played well against Burnley ?
We could have won the game on another day.

We didn't deserve to lose,like we didn`t really deserve to beat Chelsea,but we did.That's Football sometimes.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:23 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Anderson again. Moyes probably told him to toughen up, he spat his dummy out, and they said he was injured. We've been carrying him all season.
When he's good he's good, but we cannot keep going into seasons with passengers onboard.
Not sure Moyes is that keen on Haller either.
Spot on.We can`t afford to carry passengers.That has been our big problem,not just this season,but others too.

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:06 am
JayK wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:52 am

Getting some nice winnings lately MK. Long may it continue
I'm of to the Seychelles for the summer mate.....been backing Red Mancs and Brentford as well.....

Just wish my bloody horses were as good.... :lol:
😂😂😂
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:05 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:06 am

I'm of to the Seychelles for the summer mate.....been backing Red Mancs and Brentford as well.....

Just wish my bloody horses were as good.... :lol:
😂😂😂
He don’t know does he Jay :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !