Man United vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Man United vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:24 pm
9898 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Yes or no answer. Do you think Man Utd gave 100% tonight?

You tell me why they shouldn't give a 100%..They are chasing a place in Europe's Premier Competition.FFS.Are you stupid?

Please stop it now..You have made yourself look a right fool over the last few days.Stop yourself further embarrassment.
You didnt answer the question, watching tonight, do you think Man Utd gave 100%?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:29 pm

You tell me why they shouldn't give a 100%..They are chasing a place in Europe's Premier Competition.FFS.Are you stupid?

Please stop it now..You have made yourself look a right fool over the last few days.Stop yourself further embarrassment.
You didnt answer the question, watching tonight, do you think Man Utd gave 100%?
I did answer your question.

It`s not my fault,you don`t understand.

downunda

Post by downunda »

9898 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Yes or no answer. Do you think Man Utd gave 100% tonight?

"last few days" I think its a bit longer than that :lol:

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 pm
9898 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:29 pm

I did answer your question.

It`s not my fault,you don`t understand.
Ooh, look at Stephen Hawking. Too clever.

Now answer the question with a yes or no.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Superb performance from the lads tonight
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:57 pm Personally think that is our best performance of the season. Truly epic, and not just a 11 men behind the ball, had chances. Bowen mom for me, Johnson solid defensively , soupset quietly efficient, oggy a beast, noble...pretty fuckin good.
No pacing the room on a unday, not sure what I’ll do with myself.
Manchester weather update...it’s lovely jubbly
Oh come on ffs. It was a very good performance against an in form team. But epic ? Not in a million years. When I read that I thought I'd stumbled onto a Spurs forum. ;) ;)

But on the evidence of recent games, Burnley apart, there are signsa we are at least moving toeards being a comfortable mid table team. Still don't like the deep defence line though as we have no outlet and all too often we are reduced to hoofing it clear only for it to come straight back.

Johnson showed great positional awareness and discipline but I thought his distribution was bloody awful. But if he sorts that aspect of his game out he could have a future in the PL. Certainly already an upgrade on Fredericks, even with the distribution issues.

For me Ogbonna, Rice, Fornals and Noble (who I think has been excellent in the last 2 games-the role he's in seems to suit him) were the standouts. Tbh although I love Bowen's industry I'm still to be convinced of him as an attacking force. But he's young and hopefully his decision making will get better with experience.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Man Utd totally gave 100% last night.

West Ham played a patient, disciplined game and for large portions of the game were arguably the better team. At the end of the day a draw was probably a fair result.

I hate to say it, but is Moyes winning us over!?! I am told that on current form, we would be 6th and there are signs that we are a confident team, that clearly has a purpose/direction.
Flairon

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:16 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:57 pm Personally think that is our best performance of the season. Truly epic, and not just a 11 men behind the ball, had chances. Bowen mom for me, Johnson solid defensively , soupset quietly efficient, oggy a beast, noble...pretty fuckin good.
No pacing the room on a unday, not sure what I’ll do with myself.
Manchester weather update...it’s lovely jubbly
Oh come on ffs. It was a very good performance against an in form team. But epic ? Not in a million years. When I read that I thought I'd stumbled onto a Spurs forum. ;) ;)

But on the evidence of recent games, Burnley apart, there are signsa we are at least moving toeards being a comfortable mid table team. Still don't like the deep defence line though as we have no outlet and all too often we are reduced to hoofing it clear only for it to come straight back.

Johnson showed great positional awareness and discipline but I thought his distribution was bloody awful. But if he sorts that aspect of his game out he could have a future in the PL. Certainly already an upgrade on Fredericks, even with the distribution issues.

For me Ogbonna, Rice, Fornals and Noble (who I think has been excellent in the last 2 games-the role he's in seems to suit him) were the standouts. Tbh although I love Bowen's industry I'm still to be convinced of him as an attacking force. But he's young and hopefully his decision making will get better with experience.

mate its fucking epic when you live in Manchester and are surrounded by Man U fans. :D

In fairness aside from the FA cup Utd have been v.good and their front 3 have been having a ball, so yes to go to OT and not play completely attack v defence is a massive step forward. Totally agree re- johnson thought much better defensively but didnt offer as much going forward and he panic passed quite a few times.

Bowen got kicked to shit and still ran his socks off, noble played really well, just doesnt have the legs for the prem and if we start with him next year i suspect we will once again be fighting for mid table no mans land.

I'll take my little ray of sunshine on a brisk thursday morning in much the same way as Southern fans do when we get something out of spurs :)

A very pleasing couple of weeks in an otherwise shitty 2020.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

All said and done you can’t fucking grumble nicking a point up there.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:58 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:16 am

mate its fucking epic when you live in Manchester and are surrounded by Man U fans. :D

In fairness aside from the FA cup Utd have been v.good and their front 3 have been having a ball, so yes to go to OT and not play completely attack v defence is a massive step forward. Totally agree re- johnson thought much better defensively but didnt offer as much going forward and he panic passed quite a few times.

Bowen got kicked to shit and still ran his socks off, noble played really well, just doesnt have the legs for the prem and if we start with him next year i suspect we will once again be fighting for mid table no mans land.

I'll take my little ray of sunshine on a brisk thursday morning in much the same way as Southern fans do when we get something out of spurs :)

A very pleasing couple of weeks in an otherwise shitty 2020.
You're surrounded by Man United fans and you live in Manchester ? I thought the bastards all lived in Chelmsford. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?