Man United vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Man United vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:39 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm
His form loss began in Russia when Ronaldo's tame shot for Portugal started the cycle of avoidable mistakes two years ago. And he has never looked back or forward since
I think his loss of form , and possibly confidence, has been more noticeable this season. In the past his mistakes have usually been in the "bloody hell you don't often see that" category but this season they have been happening with some regularity. It may be a complete coincidence but whenever I've seen Man United play I find myself asking why on earth they decided to buy Maguire. Imo he is possibly the most overrated central defender playing in the PL. Since the restart alone he has been in part, or wholly, at fault with goals for Spurs, Norwich, Bournemouth, Southampton and Chelsea. Not to mention the chances he's had, and missed, at the other end. That's 5 goals for the opposition he's been involved with. And they've only conceded 9 in the same batch of games.
It's not helped certainly. It might also be the case that having a keeper your uncertain about affects a central defender's positioning and pushes him into areas that he is not cosy with.

Declan Rice would be an upgrade on Maguire but keep that to yourself...although more likely he would be a compliment to. And if he was that, then England's central pairing would suddenly be ordained - with all the future problems that that would bring...farking ell

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:15 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:39 am

I think his loss of form , and possibly confidence, has been more noticeable this season. In the past his mistakes have usually been in the "bloody hell you don't often see that" category but this season they have been happening with some regularity. It may be a complete coincidence but whenever I've seen Man United play I find myself asking why on earth they decided to buy Maguire. Imo he is possibly the most overrated central defender playing in the PL. Since the restart alone he has been in part, or wholly, at fault with goals for Spurs, Norwich, Bournemouth, Southampton and Chelsea. Not to mention the chances he's had, and missed, at the other end. That's 5 goals for the opposition he's been involved with. And they've only conceded 9 in the same batch of games.
It's not helped certainly. It might also be the case that having a keeper your uncertain about affects a central defender's positioning and pushes him into areas that he is not cosy with.

Declan Rice would be an upgrade on Maguire but keep that to yourself...although more likely he would be a compliment to. And if he was that, then England's central pairing would suddenly be ordained - with all the future problems that that would bring...farking ell
A packet of Uncle Ben's vegetable pilau rice would be an upgrade mate. ;)

Seriously I would hate to see Rice revert to central defence. Tbh he appears a natural in midfield and I think he should continue in that role in part because there are fewer really good holding midfielders than there are central defenders.

When he goes, and let's face it he will; eventually, I would like to feel he is good enough for Guardiola to see him as a potential replacement for Fernandinho or, dare I even think it, for someone at The Camp Nou to think they could do worse than him when looking at a potential replacement for Sergio Busquets.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

I thought they were very poor vs the plastics. Bruno looked knackered and losing, like winning can become a habit. With our two extra days rest, I really fancy an upset!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:02 pm Image
the sun has just come out in Manchester..it has no baring on the outcome just thought i'd share the moment. No worse than a 3-0 drubbing please leaving Villa to beat us by 10?

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:09 pm
the sun has just come out in Manchester..it has no baring on the outcome just thought i'd share the moment. No worse than a 3-0 drubbing please leaving Villa to beat us by 10?
If we lose 3.0 villa would need to beat us by 6, I’d take a 1.0 loss now lol

h69

Post by h69 »

They must all be wondering what that orange UFO in the sky is ?

brookingslovechild

Macca666 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:24 pm

they are -26 we are -13. So if we lose 3-0 we are -16 ...so does that mean 0-10 to villa it would go head to head? frankly i've no f..idea....sort of seems unlikely .....but.

brookingslovechild

h69 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:26 pm

They must all be wondering what that orange UFO in the sky is ?
not seen since 1975 H. What a summer that was. Actually i lived in Essex then so maybe it pissed it down here then as well. Either way i shall be praying to the orange god (not trump) in the hope of not having to face my many utd mates tomoz.

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:27 pm
Macca666 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:24 pm

they are -26 we are -13. So if we lose 3-0 we are -16 ...so does that mean 0-10 to villa it would go head to head? frankly i've no f..idea....sort of seems unlikely .....but.
Every goal they score would damage our goal diff, basically every goal would be a 2 goal swing +1 for them -1 for us, relax though Watford would still have to beat arsenal and by 4 or 5 goals.