Another one bites the dust.....

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Another one bites the dust.....

Post by ToneLoc »

Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

punkrockhammer

Re: Another one bites the dust.....

Post by punkrockhammer »

Oscar Borg

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

But seriously, please.

We've also signed some of these so called next world superstars. And then they've festered in the Under 23 league before disappearing to fuck know s where. So what if this kid with the double barelled monicker does the offski. I doubt if his name will ever be heard of again.

But we do have to ask ourselves why promising kids don't see West Ham as a decent place to learn their trade anymore. At one time our youth set up was regarded as the template.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Let's see in a few years if this 'starlet' actually makes the grade.

The filthy Hun seem to be very keen on buying British. Jude Bellingham, reputedly the best thing to come out of Birmingham since the M6 has spurned United to go to Dortmund.

Time will tell but I'll wager that Benicio Baker-Boatley won't be a name rolling off the tongues in the future.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning,

I think it`s irrelevant if this lad makes the grade or not elsewhere, I want to know WHY these players don`t see a future with us and what WHUFC is doing about it, I have my own theories which I stated on other threads, I would like Ricky Martin to make a statement, he is very quick to have photo opportunities when scholars first put pen to paper.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:40 am Morning,

I think it`s irrelevant if this lad makes the grade or not elsewhere, I want to know WHY these players don`t see a future with us and what WHUFC is doing about it, I have my own theories which I stated on other threads, I would like Ricky Martin to make a statement, he is very quick to have photo opportunities when scholars first put pen to paper.
Maybe we should ask ourselves a simple question. If he was your kid and he had to make a choice between Bayern Munich and West Ham or, for that matter between Chelsea and West Ham, who would you want his to choose ? As I said earlier on this thread back in the day our academy was considered to be one of the best , maybe even THE best, in England. We usually had a decent run in the F A Youth Cup and produced a steady stream of players for the first team.

These days the Youth team gets turfed out of the youth cup by teams like Accrington Stanley and over the past 10 years there have been very few breaking through to the first team squad. There's probably many reasons why the academy seems to have broken down big time but I can't help wondering if the jobs for the old boys ethos that seems to exist may be one of them.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

could be as simple as they don't want to play in this country

if I was lucky enough to be a professional footballer and the worlds your oyster
fucked if I would stay in this country, maybe come back 25 years plus

also ever fucking club here buys foreign so why would you stay around and look at a 28 year old here for the money
stopping you getting on the bench

don't think its a west ham problem more managers being under pressure to get results and will not take risks on kids

its the way its been for years and some of these youngsters if they have anything between the ears can see it

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dagger wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:13 am could be as simple as they don't want to play in this country

if I was lucky enough to be a professional footballer and the worlds your oyster
fucked if I would stay in this country, maybe come back 25 years plus

also ever fucking club here buys foreign so why would you stay around and look at a 28 year old here for the money
stopping you getting on the bench

don't think its a west ham problem more managers being under pressure to get results and will not take risks on kids

its the way its been for years and some of these youngsters if they have anything between the ears can see it
Make you right mate. According to one paper I read this morning Barcelona are also sniffing around the kid. Given the choice between learning your trade, and presumably getting well paid for it, at West Ham or one of the two biggest clubs in world football who would you choose ?

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

garnett wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:40 am Morning,

Probably has to do with the way the club handles contracts......if one youngsters family is pissed off, I doubt it stops there.

I left a job years ago as wasn’t happy with the way they treated their employees and I don’t see why football would be different.

Are players THAT different? We know we have a relatively high turnover of staff off the park, 3 media managers in 5 seasons as an example but I don’t see why players would be immune to such culture.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

If I was good enough I'd be a right footballing Tart.....sorry ladies no offence..... :lol:

Be off with everyone...little bit of Spain...then Italy..then France....check China out ...States to.....retire at 33 to play for my
beloved Irons.... :lol:

What a life travelling the world playing footie..getting paid Millions.....one club man...fuck that...enjoy it....
think most of em do now..

Don't take any notice Declan....I'm talking shit..... :lol: