Man United vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Man United vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:57 pm I think they may have a few injuries for our game..We are 9/1..Worth a punt.
I'll get my coat :)
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:23 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:57 pm I think they may have a few injuries for our game..We are 9/1..Worth a punt.
Are you cold? ;)

If we win,I will be looking for you 8-)

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:05 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:23 pm

Are you cold? ;)

If we win,I will be looking for you 8-)
I am freezing here and the only thing that warm me up if West Ham beat Man Utd :lol: :lol: :lol:

I live not far from Watford, just off the A1 road and 35 miles north of London.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

palerider

Post by palerider »

If Villa beat the Arse we need to avoid defeat by about 8 to avoid an embarrassment.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Antonio to score, West Ham win is 25/1 on Paddy ;)

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning,

I don`t think we will blessed with the same manure performance as yesterday, but they sustained a few injuries and hopefully Ole will keep faith with de gea, shoot on sight policy if thats the case.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

This is the kind of challenge that I’ll be judging Moyes on again.

I understand that Moyes has never masterminded a victory away at a Sky 6 ground (though I’m happy to be proved wrong) whilst seemingly able to nick the odd result versus the lesser lights .

Get some sort of result here and I’ll lay off him for a while but the usual respecting of the 2-0 defeat and inability to change the outcome of the game and I’ll stand by my stance .

This guy is a loser despite all the shit he chats about the future and building this and that.

Manure needs a result and if Moyes doesn’t hand it to em on a plate then the Ref and/or VAR will.
Bring back Jonathon !

garnett

Post by garnett »

All joking aside they will mean business Wednesday, they need the win and as many goals as possible to snatch 4th from Leicester who will be entertaining them Sunday.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 am All joking aside they will mean business Wednesday, they need the win and as many goals as possible to snatch 4th from Leicester who will be entertaining them Sunday.
That is very true. Their goal difference and Leicester's are identical but United are behind on goals scored. So if they beat us by, say a 3 or 4 goal margin it means they could actually lose by a single goal against Leicester but still pip them to the last PL place. I think they'll probably beat Leicester but they won't want to take any chances.

So we won't get any favours. And Solskjaer must have the raving hump after the way they were taken apart by Chelsea yesterday.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

garnett wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 am All joking aside they will mean business Wednesday, they need the win and as many goals as possible to snatch 4th from Leicester who will be entertaining them Sunday.
Watford aside, and who knows how they'll play on Tuesday (or City for that matter), these are the stats.

West Ham 6 points and 14 goals clear on goal difference.

Arsenal have a cup final to look forward to and jack shit in the league. Villa struggle to score goals but a 1 goal win wouldn't be a stupid thought.

So by Wednesday that's 13 goals clear. With United needing goals. And they play at Leicester last match. A 3 goal drubbing again wouldn't be a stupid thought with the reds easing up by the end as with points in the bag they'll need to take off key players in preparation.

So that's then 10 goals clear.

Villa would need to win by 6 as goals scored determines placings if goal difference is the same and we've scored 8 more than them.