West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:14 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 am

And was it just me but, although Rice was getting a lot of praise, and deservedly so, did anyone else make Ogbonna our MOTM ? Fornals made key contributions----again. And Antonio had his best game as the lone striker imo, although I still think he's more effective in his wide role.

Agree, said in an earlier post Rice & Ogbonna absolutely fantastic last night.
Ogbonna back in the team certainly made a difference.
Bit harsh on Balbuena as I thought he was quite decent vs Spuds but Ogbonna gives more presence.
Agree re Balbuena. Personally I hate the 4 at the back system but if that's what we're going to do then Diop and Ogbonna have to be the starters imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:08 am
garnett wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:08 am Last night I screamed the pub, ooops, living room down ;)

This morning, deja vu and reality has set in, lets go back to Stamford Bridge, I was again screaming, but for pellegrini`s head, the win there gave him a stay of execution and he got us into the position we are now. The same happened last night we are now stuck with moyes, that result has just papered over the cracks 2-1 up and camped on the edge of our box.
You're spot on , huge relief that it was. Will Moyes learn ? Will he realize that even though the possession stats were pretty woeful we actually had a team that could get forward quickly as a unit and cause more trouble in 90 mins than we have been capable in the previous 10 games. I looked in on the Chelski forum to see their reaction and not one of them claimed we were lucky and most were saying how we (Antonio in particular ) bullied their defence. Come Sunday will Moyes revert back to the tried and failed system or will he be bold enough to take us forward. No more excuses for him.
Hopefully the failed system will be binned. Newcastle had a good result last night, for us as well as them, but they're no great shakes and there is nothing to be gained by conceding possession to them.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Anyone got a link to the whole game last night please, not just the highlights.
TIA.

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:17 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:10 pm Jesus Christ the messiah on a skateboard.
Where did that result come from?

I was already happy to accept a fighting defeat. Now we have a massive chance to grab safety by the bollocks.
Has your stream finished now then Tone.......you have to say Ron Harris was guilty for our third goal though...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chopper would have broken Yarmo's legs, seen red, and trudged off with a smile on his boat.
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:32 am
JayK wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:41 am

Was About 20 left,we're 2-1 up..Cheats all over us...knowing our luck ..it's a matter of time..I'm Getting out,I'll
Cash In......got 80% of Potential...more than happy with that...so thought I'd take a look at present odds..maybe use
some of winnings to back a draw maybe....Still 2-1 on Screen....look back we're 8/1 to win...WTF.. it's still 2-1...
But Cheats are lining a free kick up...Ah Shit...the fuckin delay ..of course...I've had it before....but I know their
gonna score from it...so was prepared.... :lol:
But 8/1...in an even race..even if we are shit...you gotta do it...I'm well up anyway...so had a score at 8/1.....

And Yarmolenko is now my Fav West Hammer........EVER........Sorry Bill........ :lol:
Ha ha ha, oh mate. Them Bastard cash out options. Nice win on the 8/1 in the end though, but it wasn't 11. Newcastle game will be smaller odds I reckon. Save your money
COYI!!!