West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by garnett »

Last night I screamed the pub, ooops, living room down ;)

This morning, deja vu and reality has set in, lets go back to Stamford Bridge, I was again screaming, but for pellegrini`s head, the win there gave him a stay of execution and he got us into the position we are now. The same happened last night we are now stuck with moyes, that result has just papered over the cracks 2-1 up and camped on the edge of our box.

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:16 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:10 pm Jesus Christ the messiah on a skateboard.
Where did that result come from?

I was already happy to accept a fighting defeat. Now we have a massive chance to grab safety by the bollocks.
Noble will start at Newcastle , so , as you were.
this.
Matamata

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

We might be all dispersed and disconnected right now, but I can almost feel the relief and hope through the TV and computer screens.
Matamata

coburn

Post by coburn »

I really missed that feeling. Great performance yesterday. Yarmolenko is class. whufc_crest

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

JayK wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:41 am
mkhammer wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:40 pm Guess you lot think there's no chance of a double over the cheats then.....

But yeah pretty much hold yer breathe and dive in.....watching wise...fuck knows...just cling on that we do upset things at
times...could have nicked something from spuds with a bit of luck......No idea what team he'll pick...

We Haven't really go a starting 11 to work around...all hit and miss....

Always have a bet as you've noticed.. :lol: ..this time...got all results covered...long as both teams score....us at 11/1, them at
7/2, draw at about 9/2...

Theory is..they will...law of averages we have to sooner or later................................

11/1 nice win mate 👍🏽
Was About 20 left,we're 2-1 up..Cheats all over us...knowing our luck ..it's a matter of time..I'm Getting out,I'll
Cash In......got 80% of Potential...more than happy with that...so thought I'd take a look at present odds..maybe use
some of winnings to back a draw maybe....Still 2-1 on Screen....look back we're 8/1 to win...WTF.. it's still 2-1...
But Cheats are lining a free kick up...Ah Shit...the fuckin delay ..of course...I've had it before....but I know their
gonna score from it...so was prepared.... :lol:
But 8/1...in an even race..even if we are shit...you gotta do it...I'm well up anyway...so had a score at 8/1.....

And Yarmolenko is now my Fav West Hammer........EVER........Sorry Bill........ :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:32 am
JayK wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:41 am

Was About 20 left,we're 2-1 up..Cheats all over us...knowing our luck ..it's a matter of time..I'm Getting out,I'll
Cash In......got 80% of Potential...more than happy with that...so thought I'd take a look at present odds..maybe use
some of winnings to back a draw maybe....Still 2-1 on Screen....look back we're 8/1 to win...WTF.. it's still 2-1...
But Cheats are lining a free kick up...Ah Shit...the fuckin delay ..of course...I've had it before....but I know their
gonna score from it...so was prepared.... :lol:
But 8/1...in an even race..even if we are shit...you gotta do it...I'm well up anyway...so had a score at 8/1.....

And Yarmolenko is now my Fav West Hammer........EVER........Sorry Bill........ :lol:
See you had a nice tickle at 11-1. One for the heart eh . ;) I certainly didn't see that one coming.

And was it just me but, although Rice was getting a lot of praise, and deservedly so, did anyone else make Ogbonna our MOTM ? Fornals made key contributions----again. And Antonio had his best game as the lone striker imo, although I still think he's more effective in his wide role.

Still think the key games are the ones against our fellow strugglers tbh but last night must have given the morale a big shot in the arm. Just hope Moyes doesn't fiddle around with the line up to accommodate Noble if he's fit for Newcastle.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Happy Days...always a bit special beating those 3 other London Toerags.. :D

But TBH were improving but a fuckin long long way to go...played a little better than we did against Spuds...
but similar game in ways...just took our chances this time...

If we keep playing this hoof ball out from the back..we'll never progress...I reckon yesterday we hit Micky maybe
15/16 times.....maybe 2 or 3 times something comes of it all other times it just comes straight back at you...we play the
ball to feet...playing thru....Yarmo Scores...

Yarmos a dangerous player to have around....hard to get him and Bowen in the team together tho...

Like said before we have so many options now..and they are decent players...it's crazy we struggle...but the way we play
means we always will do...30/35% possession in games...you're just gonna lose most of your games..even if you have
the better players.

I like this Rice/Soucek thing...one stays one goes...could be huge for us...they fire together...just gotta find the right bod
to sit in there with them...Love Jack ..but I don't know...Bench for me at moment.see what happens...same for Nobes...
Ideally Anderson for me..end of the day he is a bloody good player..we've seen it....Lanzini,Fornals,can both play
there..

Haller will make a difference...now we have Bowen/Yarmo to link up with him as well....maybe either in behind with
him......
Fucks sake Moyes ...there's shitloads we can do...stop being so predictable....and Press Press Press....not 2 yards
sitting off...tread on their fuckin boots...shut em down early.
And Try a 3 at back......I think it would suit the players we have..

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 am
mkhammer wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:32 am

See you had a nice tickle at 11-1. One for the heart eh . ;) I certainly didn't see that one coming.

And was it just me but, although Rice was getting a lot of praise, and deservedly so, did anyone else make Ogbonna our MOTM ? Fornals made key contributions----again. And Antonio had his best game as the lone striker imo, although I still think he's more effective in his wide role.

Still think the key games are the ones against our fellow strugglers tbh but last night must have given the morale a big shot in the arm. Just hope Moyes doesn't fiddle around with the line up to accommodate Noble if he's fit for Newcastle.
From the head that one Whisk...unusual for me... :lol:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Nobes starts next week...no ones playing great in that role....hopefully with Soucek and
Rice looking very good together ..there wont be so much pressure on it...but to me Soucek has Nobes' place now,
gotta find someone else to sit in there...just banged on about that....

Yeah Oggy Played well...Rice....Micky ran well...But Mickys Micky...never no what yer gonna get... :lol:
He Aint a CF/Target man Tho,think we're the only club that still uses a Target Man...should have kept AC,we're
gonna play that game.

Great Win tho...like you say great for the confidence...hopefully get thru this season...and time for a new Gaffer...

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

garnett wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:08 am Last night I screamed the pub, ooops, living room down ;)

This morning, deja vu and reality has set in, lets go back to Stamford Bridge, I was again screaming, but for pellegrini`s head, the win there gave him a stay of execution and he got us into the position we are now. The same happened last night we are now stuck with moyes, that result has just papered over the cracks 2-1 up and camped on the edge of our box.
You're spot on , huge relief that it was. Will Moyes learn ? Will he realize that even though the possession stats were pretty woeful we actually had a team that could get forward quickly as a unit and cause more trouble in 90 mins than we have been capable in the previous 10 games. I looked in on the Chelski forum to see their reaction and not one of them claimed we were lucky and most were saying how we (Antonio in particular ) bullied their defence. Come Sunday will Moyes revert back to the tried and failed system or will he be bold enough to take us forward. No more excuses for him.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 am

Agree, said in an earlier post Rice & Ogbonna absolutely fantastic last night.
Ogbonna back in the team certainly made a difference.
Bit harsh on Balbuena as I thought he was quite decent vs Spuds but Ogbonna gives more presence.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.