West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Will West Ham start picking up points? That the question and players need to be more motivated and start scoring as we haven't scored since Southampton more than 3 months ago. Need to feed in Bowen and please no Anderson! Fredericks need to do better defensively. Hopefully Ogbonna will be back. Noble might rest against Burnley.

Fabianski

Frederick
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Noble
Soucek

Antonio
Bowen
Fornals

Hope the players will give a good go

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Why would Noble rest against Burnley ? Didn't he do that against Wolves & Spurs ?
Why is Fredericks in your chosen squad ? Would we not do better playing with 10 ? At least we would know we had to cover for being a man down..
And finally after 2 games isn't it blinding;y obvious that Antonio up front on his own is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard ?
Oh, and Fornals isn't a striker. Moyes will realise at some point he's a central midfielder, in the Lampard mould, and fucking well play him in that role. Properly.

Prediction ? Against Spurs we did better than I thought, only loding by 2 instead of 3. But Chelsea are a better side and will probably feel they owe us one because of what happened at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. And they have the incentive because of the chasing pack. Not forgetting that Lampard would love to give us a real, genuine arse kicking. Once again anything less than a 3-0 defeat will be a result imo, particularly as goal difference is becoming a major factor in deciding league places.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:30 pm Why would Noble rest against Burnley ? Didn't he do that against Wolves & Spurs ?
Why is Fredericks in your chosen squad ? Would we not do better playing with 10 ? At least we would know we had to cover for being a man down..
And finally after 2 games isn't it blinding;y obvious that Antonio up front on his own is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard ?
Oh, and Fornals isn't a striker. Moyes will realise at some point he's a central midfielder, in the Lampard mould, and fucking well play him in that role. Properly.

Prediction ? Against Spurs we did better than I thought, only loding by 2 instead of 3. But Chelsea are a better side and will probably feel they owe us one because of what happened at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. And they have the incentive because of the chasing pack. Not forgetting that Lampard would love to give us a real, genuine arse kicking. Once again anything less than a 3-0 defeat will be a result imo, particularly as goal difference is becoming a major factor in deciding league places.
I would rather have Ben Johnston than Frederick but Johnson still need a couple of reserve match practice to be 100% ready. I would rather have 4-4-2 formation with Antonio behind Bowen and Fornals in midfield.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:36 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:30 pm Why would Noble rest against Burnley ? Didn't he do that against Wolves & Spurs ?

I would rather have Ben Johnston than Frederick but Johnson still need a couple of reserve match practice to be 100% ready. I would rather have 4-4-2 formation with Antonio behind Bowen and Fornals in midfield.
Well, as the Under 23s won't be playing again I guess that's out of the question. :lol: But now I'm really confused. With Antonio behind Bowen and Fornals in midfield. who are the 2 up front going to be ? Unless you mean Bowen and Fornals up front. Surely not.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:36 pm

Well, as the Under 23s won't be playing again I guess that's out of the question. :lol: But now I'm really confused. With Antonio behind Bowen and Fornals in midfield. who are the 2 up front going to be ? Unless you mean Bowen and Fornals up front. Surely not.
If Antonio up front with Bowen, then Fornals can be the left winger and Yarmolenko as right winger but Yarmolenko has been over-rated same as Anderson which is BIG problem unless Moyes kicked their bloody arses shakeass shakeass :lol: :lol:

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Carry on picking Noble and we have very little chance of staying up and that includes the Championship. You're taking sentimentality to ridiculous lengths and destroying the club . When somethings not working you change it. We've tried every fucking combination trying to accomodate Nobes woeful lack of pace and tactical awareness and unless I've been watching something different to you he unfortunately is a major reason , not the only one but certainly the most instrumental why we are totally dominated in the most important area (midfield) every time we play.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 pm

If Antonio up front with Bowen, then Fornals can be the left winger and Yarmolenko as right winger but Yarmolenko has been over-rated same as Anderson which is BIG problem unless Moyes kicked their bloody arses shakeass shakeass :lol: :lol:
FFS are you Moyes in disguise. Fornals isn’t a fucking winger.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:05 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:03 pm

the wingers of Anderson and yarmolenko aren't good enough as it shown in previous matches so who else going to be in their place? Unless formation can change from 4-4-2 to 3-4-1-2 with Diop, Balbuena, Ogbonna on back 3 with 2 wings back of Johnson/Fredericks and Cresswell and the 2 middle on Soucek and Rice with Fornals (attacking midfielder) behind Bowen and Antonio. This is the best way I hope in 3-4-1-2 with Nobes out and Rice to be captain.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:18 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:05 pm

the wingers of Anderson and yarmolenko aren't good enough as it shown in previous matches so who else going to be in their place? Unless formation can change from 4-4-2 to 3-4-1-2 with Diop, Balbuena, Ogbonna on back 3 with 2 wings back of Johnson/Fredericks and Cresswell and the 2 middle on Soucek and Rice with Fornals (attacking midfielder) behind Bowen and Antonio. This is the best way I hope in 3-4-1-2 with Nobes out and Rice to be captain.
Might be true. But you shouldn’t play someone just because they’re not as shit as someone else should you? In any case I reckon Fornals is our most, maybe only, creative player we have in midfield.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:55 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:18 pm

Might be true. But you shouldn’t play someone just because they’re not as shit as someone else should you? In any case I reckon Fornals is our most, maybe only, creative player we have in midfield.
Hope he will keep us up.