Tate Modern: Teenager jailed for throwing boy from Balcony

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Tate Modern: Teenager jailed for throwing boy from Balcony

Post by JayK »

MFY66 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:13 am
JayK wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:09 am

He didn't kill the kid, but if I was the kid I'd be wanting euthanasia tbh.
And you're bang on about the justice system.
Oops, thanks for pointing out my mistake.

But either way, the point still stands (just a little less severely) —
After what he did and said afterwards, his sentence is a joke.
No worries, and yeah you’re right
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:59 am Fuckin ridiculous....

Some of the sentencing in this country is beyond a joke...we see it time and time again....
It's a funny one. A 15 year custodial sentence is perfectly normal under law for attempted murder. The fact that this was a deliberate calculated attempt to kill a small defenseless child was almost certain taken into consideration but there are gradients of punishment set out for different levels of offense.

The recent stabbing and killing in Glasgow is a lot neater. Man randomly attacks people with weapon and is stopped by force and the stopping was permanent.That solution was the best expected outcome obviously.

The teenager who was yesterday sentenced to confinement was said to have been diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. I'm not sure what that claims to describe. Is it like a method actor,where the actor attempts to embody a fictional character for a short duration of time.

If a person was playing a dog,they might imitate the sound of barking. Is that imitating a dog or have they become a dog for a short time. I expect most people can decide for themselves what is actually happening there.

However the field of psychiatry likes to allow a bit of latitude and can find acceptance with the most unusual thinking.
Yeah there's a point of thought that a Person who irrationally/insanely commits a crime...is much more Dangerous than
a person who rationally commits a crime with clear thought and deliberation is...
Yet there's been cases whereby all the mitigation shit can lead to a lesser sentence....

One can rehabilitate..... can the other one...

The Guy that threw his own baby into a river and killed her in manchester...has been Sectioned for "Tests"
so he's in Hospital instead of Jail...while awaiting trial.......cos of Cov 19...don't know when that will be ....seems like
the more heinous and cruel your crime is the easier you have it and the more help you get....

Anyway Should you receive a lesser sentence....because your Murder attempt failed purely on the grounds of luck..
you intended to kill the person and you've committed the exact same crime....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

This animal reminds me of those 2 little cunts that murdered Jamie Bulger .

They’ve been out and about for ages , new identities, the works .

The justice system in this country stinks.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:07 am This animal reminds me of those 2 little cunts that murdered Jamie Bulger .

But surely you have read the posts, many on here in fact, claiming that the UK is a shining beacon of all that is good and worthy.

It isn't. And I agree completely that our system of justice is totally fucked. When people can get prosecuted for defending themselves, or their property, too "vigorously" and receive stiffer sentences than many perpetrators, it's a sure sign something is seriously wrong.

I would bet a lot of money that if a bystander had seen the incident and chucked the perpetrator over the same balcony before he had the chance to chuck the kid over a life sentence would have been handed down. And social workers would be clucking about the lack of understanding shown to the head cases.

It starts in the schools you know. Many years ago we were called to our eldest's school when he was about 9 or 10 because he'd thumped another kid. My lad's defence when I asked him about it was that he'd given one of the school bullies a dig because he's given a prod to my lad's mate. The headmistress was very offended when I said that I wasn't going to punish him for the incident and that I would have been disappointed if he hadn't reacted the way he did.

Totally arse about face imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:18 am
Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:07 am This animal reminds me of those 2 little cunts that murdered Jamie Bulger .

But surely you have read the posts, many on here in fact, claiming that the UK is a shining beacon of all that is good and worthy.

It isn't. And I agree completely that our system of justice is totally fucked. When people can get prosecuted for defending themselves, or their property, too "vigorously" and receive stiffer sentences than many perpetrators, it's a sure sign something is seriously wrong.

I would bet a lot of money that if a bystander had seen the incident and chucked the perpetrator over the same balcony before he had the chance to chuck the kid over a life sentence would have been handed down. And social workers would be clucking about the lack of understanding shown to the head cases.

It starts in the schools you know. Many years ago we were called to our eldest's school when he was about 9 or 10 because he'd thumped another kid. My lad's defence when I asked him about it was that he'd given one of the school bullies a dig because he's given a prod to my lad's mate. The headmistress was very offended when I said that I wasn't going to punish him for the incident and that I would have been disappointed if he hadn't reacted the way he did.

Totally arse about face imo.
What your addressing is horse sense or what others understand as proportionate response. On a personal level,I would interpret that to mean,what you can get away with,if your smart and construct a plausible narrative,that accepts some of the responsibility while deflecting all of the blame.

I remember years ago,having a number of interviews and psychometric evaluations for a position I was applying for.

One line in a report has stayed with me - and I was quite surprised to see it - whilst BD is totally aware of rules and regulations and will normally conform and comply, he does not feel personally bound by them.

I suspect a lot of people are to some degree the same. And it might be different in both directions for those who don't follow religious teachings. I've not come down on a firm conclusion on that.