That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by terrya1965 »

Flairon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:41 am
h69 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:44 am

Flair

Personally I disagree with any sport having any politics in it whatsoever.

The message is bollocks. Black people are not oppressed in the UK. It si simply not true. They used to be but London is probably one of the most cosmopolitan cities on this planet. They complain they are more likely to be arrested but that is because they commit the most crime. Not rocket science is it.

I think most people want to know why Black people feel they need a special movement in the UK. This country is not endemically racist whatever they have you think (It used to be but not now). I only kneel to the Queen and God. I am not about to kneel to a movement that wants to erase the history of the country.

The killing of George Floyd was abhorrent but was no more racist than the killing of the guy above in this thread who was white. Why should I need to kneel or why should I watch this nonsense in sport ?

Three people were killed by the police in the UK last year. Two were white and one was a muslim terrorist.

And then they start defacing monuments and pulling them down. You dont see white people trying to destroy the Roman towns built by slaves in this country.....or are they not dark enough

Wanting the Rhodes statue pulled down - a man who has a foundation to help underpriviliged people go to Oxford.
Defacing the Cenotaph - there to comemorate soldiers that died for these idiots.
Attacking Winston Churchills statue, a man that gave them the right to democracy and to protest
Wanting to remove the England Rugby teams anthem
Complaining about CocoPops packaging because it has a monkey but Rice Krispies dont
Pulling programs from the 70s

The whole BLM in the UK is really a cover for anti capitalist left wing extremists. That is what this is about. Go look at their donation site.

We are all being played for mugs.
No one said you have to take a knee and no one 8s forcing you to are they. However, I certainly respect a person's right to protest in a peaceful manner.

I live in the States and I understand how and why the BLM was born (in so much as a white person might).

Whilst you say that racism is a think of the past in the U.K
Blacks are still more likely to be stopped by the police than any other ethnicity. Needless to say not every person stopped is guilty.

There is a case here in Miami Gardens where a chap was arrested over 60 times for trespassing at a gas station where he worked. Even after the owner got him to move into the premises the police routinely arrested him despite the owner's protests.

The unfortunate thing is that for every peaceful protestor there is and anarchist or petty thief that wants to hijack the protest for their own agenda. That should not however detract from the validity of the message.
Our country is completely different to America.We are equals ,apart from the Aristocrats.Many of our MP's come from ethnic backgrounds,so you can't say they are misrepresented.

I do understand it in where you live more,but not in the UK.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:20 am

No one said you have to take a knee and no one 8s forcing you to are they. However, I certainly respect a person's right to protest in a peaceful manner.

I live in the States and I understand how and why the BLM was born (in so much as a white person might).

Blacks are still more likely to be stopped by the police than any other ethnicity. Needless to say not every person stopped is guilty.

There is a case here in Miami Gardens where a chap was arrested over 60 times for trespassing at a gas station where he worked. Even after the owner got him to move into the premises the police routinely arrested him despite the owner's protests.

The unfortunate thing is that for every peaceful protestor there is and anarchist or petty thief that wants to hijack the protest for their own agenda. That should not however detract from the validity of the message.
Our country is completely different to America.We are equals ,apart from the Aristocrats.Many of our MP's come from ethnic backgrounds,so you can't say they are misrepresented.

America elected a black president. Not sure how many Senators or Congressmen are black but certainly there are a great many black mayors in many American cities. There are also some very high ranking black men and women in the U S armed forces. I agree racism isn't a problem here but maybe it's not as much of a problem over there as some would like us to believe.

The BLM movement is , as a lot of people are saying, politically motivated. But I find it a bit ironic that many people saying we in the UK shouldn't get involved because it is an American issue are probably the very same people who got very sniffy years ago when there were protests in the US about the UK's policy in Northern Ireland.

In my experience people are only extremists if you happen to disagree with their views.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Bilic out.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:45 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:20 am

America elected a black president. Not sure how many Senators or Congressmen are black but certainly there are a great many black mayors in many American cities. There are also some very high ranking black men and women in the U S armed forces. I agree racism isn't a problem here but maybe it's not as much of a problem over there as some would like us to believe.

The BLM movement is , as a lot of people are saying, politically motivated. But I find it a bit ironic that many people saying we in the UK shouldn't get involved because it is an American issue are probably the very same people who got very sniffy years ago when there were protests in the US about the UK's policy in Northern Ireland.

In my experience people are only extremists if you happen to disagree with their views.
I think we can agree that George Floyd has been more trouble since he has been dead than when he was alive. And when he was alive,if anyone who knew him had been asked,if he would be missed when he was no longer here,the answer would have been no.

Facts don't care about feelings and some people just can't understand that.

h69

Post by h69 »

h69 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:44 am

Flair

Personally I disagree with any sport having any politics in it whatsoever.

The message is bollocks. Black people are not oppressed in the UK. It si simply not true. They used to be but London is probably one of the most cosmopolitan cities on this planet. They complain they are more likely to be arrested but that is because they commit the most crime. Not rocket science is it.

I think most people want to know why Black people feel they need a special movement in the UK. This country is not endemically racist whatever they have you think (It used to be but not now). I only kneel to the Queen and God. I am not about to kneel to a movement that wants to erase the history of the country.

The killing of George Floyd was abhorrent but was no more racist than the killing of the guy above in this thread who was white. Why should I need to kneel or why should I watch this nonsense in sport ?

Three people were killed by the police in the UK last year. Two were white and one was a muslim terrorist.

And then they start defacing monuments and pulling them down. You dont see white people trying to destroy the Roman towns built by slaves in this country.....or are they not dark enough

Wanting the Rhodes statue pulled down - a man who has a foundation to help underpriviliged people go to Oxford.
Defacing the Cenotaph - there to comemorate soldiers that died for these idiots.
Attacking Winston Churchills statue, a man that gave them the right to democracy and to protest
Wanting to remove the England Rugby teams anthem
Complaining about CocoPops packaging because it has a monkey but Rice Krispies dont
Pulling programs from the 70s

The whole BLM in the UK is really a cover for anti capitalist left wing extremists. That is what this is about. Go look at their donation site.

We are all being played for mugs.

There is a reason why marketing costs a fortune and political messages are banned from sport Flair. It is because it is there to influence people. That is why it is banned.

Why should going to watch a football team I support in London mean I have to be indoctrinated in a protest about non-existent oppression in this country, to watch black players with their fist in the air. This is not America, they are not racially oppressed....it is a combination of black people taking advantage of our liberal media to try and gain sympathy for something that is not there and is more an anti-capitalist demonstration.

If they want to march up and down the road peacefully in London bleating that they are oppressed then fine but keep it out of sport....but of course they behaved like animals and started pulling down statues which is not fine. Even had I supported their message and thought there was oppression here, I would not now.

You want to complain about oppression in the US.....knock yourselves out in the US but it has fuck all to do with the UK and Whisky, my point exactly is that we should not be involved in the US affairs and they should have butted out of our policy in Ireland. That is consistent and I am not sure why you find that Ironic.

As for stop and search.....I got stopped twice to prove I owned my car this year up in the midlands but I have no issue with it as it was my car....should I march now ?....the only people in my mind who bleat about Stop and Search appear to be the drug dealers and crims.

There was just a big stop and search operation in Hillingdon borough last week that netted 137 arrests. The racial profile of those matched the racial profile of the borough....mostly White and Asian dealers.....

Clearly the bloke in Miami was an extreme case but a bloke in Miami being picked on means I have to sit here and watch a load of footballers acting like they care about black people by kneeling. Its bollocks....most of them dont care and those that are black are now trying to claim everything is racist.

We didnt have a race issue before this nonsense....we do now. It has started a race war here hence why you see banners being flown where white lives matter gets you fired from your job but black lives matter is a noble cause.....that is racist.

George Floyd was a scumbag criminal who was killed in an incident of police brutality...his killer should and will go to jail. There have been white people also killed exactly the same way and their killers should go to jail but didnt in one case.... but no one is kneeling for them.....that is racist.

The Police in the US need reform....yes, We need a global bleeding heart campaign.....no. So many people now feel we live in a country where BAME people don't get the same opportunities as white people but those same people have no evidence of this.

Hopefully if Khan loses the London Mayoral election next year and Shaun Bailey (The best man for the job IMO) gets elected, people might start to calm down in London as he is the best person for the job and is on the register as a candidate because he had the same opportunity as every other applicant.

This was London last night :

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am

There is a reason why marketing costs a fortune and political messages are banned from sport Flair. It is because it is there to influence people. That is why it is banned.

Why should going to watch a football team I support in London mean I have to be indoctrinated in a protest about non-existent oppression in this country, to watch black players with their fist in the air. This is not America, they are not racially oppressed....it is a combination of black people taking advantage of our liberal media to try and gain sympathy for something that is not there and is more an anti-capitalist demonstration.

If they want to march up and down the road peacefully in London bleating that they are oppressed then fine but keep it out of sport....but of course they behaved like animals and started pulling down statues which is not fine. Even had I supported their message and thought there was oppression here, I would not now.

You want to complain about oppression in the US.....knock yourselves out in the US but it has fuck all to do with the UK and Whisky, my point exactly is that we should not be involved in the US affairs and they should have butted out of our policy in Ireland. That is consistent and I am not sure why you find that Ironic.

As for stop and search.....I got stopped twice to prove I owned my car this year up in the midlands but I have no issue with it as it was my car....should I march now ?....the only people in my mind who bleat about Stop and Search appear to be the drug dealers and crims.

There was just a big stop and search operation in Hillingdon borough last week that netted 137 arrests. The racial profile of those matched the racial profile of the borough....mostly White and Asian dealers.....

Clearly the bloke in Miami was an extreme case but a bloke in Miami being picked on means I have to sit here and watch a load of footballers acting like they care about black people by kneeling. Its bollocks....most of them dont care and those that are black are now trying to claim everything is racist.

We didnt have a race issue before this nonsense....we do now. It has started a race war here hence why you see banners being flown where white lives matter gets you fired from your job but black lives matter is a noble cause.....that is racist.

George Floyd was a scumbag criminal who was killed in an incident of police brutality...his killer should and will go to jail. There have been white people also killed exactly the same way and their killers should go to jail but didnt in one case.... but no one is kneeling for them.....that is racist.

The Police in the US need reform....yes, We need a global bleeding heart campaign.....no. So many people now feel we live in a country where BAME people don't get the same opportunities as white people but those same people have no evidence of this.

Hopefully if Khan loses the London Mayoral election next year and Shaun Bailey (The best man for the job IMO) gets elected, people might start to calm down in London as he is the best person for the job and is on the register as a candidate because he had the same opportunity as every other applicant.

I certainly wouldn't describe our media, in the collective sense, as "liberal". I accept of course there are a small number of left leaning newspapers and, of course, the state funded BBC, but the overwhelming political stance of the printed media is most certainly right of centre.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:08 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am

I certainly wouldn't describe our media, in the collective sense, as "liberal". I accept of course there are a small number of left leaning newspapers and, of course, the state funded BBC, but the overwhelming political stance of the printed media is most certainly right of centre.
BBC
ITV
SKY
C4

These are all very left of center. Sure there are printed newspapers of both sides but to be honest I was not even including them as who even reads a newspaper nowadays.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

h69 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:34 pm
Hammertime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:14 pm

I did not condemn anybody as a racist, I classed you as such when you took the southern racist view of Kaepernick as it displayed your ignorance of the struggles that have persisted in this country for centuries and most recently through Jim Crow, The Civil Rights Movement and now the BLM movement. In this country we have a police and prison system that is a direct result of the polices enacted by white politicos over the decades and centuries. I will continue to make the point of how meaningful it is for POC in this country to see the players over there take a knee, I know it's lost on the political argument over there, but once again, this is no longer a sport that draws all it's audience or money from inside the UK. You can list every other atrocity perpetrated over the last 500 years and then correlate the policies we have in place today that continue that persecution on today's people of those ethnitcities and further those that play the game, it will be a short list. Now do it for black players...
Newmarket : I did say if it was not him then I apologise.....but since he pulled the race card he can fuck off

Hammertime

Last word I am going to say on this bollocks....however I class you as a typical virtue signaller that because I think it was wrong that multimillionaire oppressed Kapaernick knelt during a national anthem I am racist....look up the word for fucks sake. That would be a start. Dont agree by all means but everytime anyone criticises this bullshit they are racist. Thats the trouble with people like you, just play the race card...its so easy just because I dont share your views.

Do you even fucking hear yourself talking about things happening over the last 500 years, go and pull down a fucking statue then if it makes you feel better but ....if you still feel there is racism in your country then kneel down and apologise like a good boy if it makes you feel great.

But please stop bitching at me that black people are the only people whose lives matter. In my city, they care the least as they kill each other more than any white person persecutes them.

Its bollocks. Its an English sport, played in England and if the reason you think they should be kneeling like sheep is because there are American dollars involved then I would rather they stick that up their arse.

You must also be naive if you think that any of the players care. They just do what they are told to do....just like you do. I can see all the KKK guys in Alabama quaking in their boots that Harry Kane has knelt before a Spurs game.

What a load of old pony.....'People of Colour'. cant call anyone Black but Black lives matter. The N word is banned yet half the rap songs contain it. Stabbings all over London of Black u21 males by black u21 males but apparently it is white supremacy....My message to BLM.....get your own house in order first.
And now the catch-phrase stats - the n-word in rap songs and black on black crime ffs , you're painting your arse into a corner better than I ever could. Your fundamental misunderstanding of the Kaepernik protest as it's classed in this countries' racist landscape is understandable, but your unwillingness to let the players and the league protest this injustice, no matter where it happens, because it ruffles your bubble is truly disappointing.
#fuckqatar2022

h69

Post by h69 »

Hammertime wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:25 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Newmarket : I did say if it was not him then I apologise.....but since he pulled the race card he can fuck off

Hammertime

Last word I am going to say on this bollocks....however I class you as a typical virtue signaller that because I think it was wrong that multimillionaire oppressed Kapaernick knelt during a national anthem I am racist....look up the word for fucks sake. That would be a start. Dont agree by all means but everytime anyone criticises this bullshit they are racist. Thats the trouble with people like you, just play the race card...its so easy just because I dont share your views.

Do you even fucking hear yourself talking about things happening over the last 500 years, go and pull down a fucking statue then if it makes you feel better but ....if you still feel there is racism in your country then kneel down and apologise like a good boy if it makes you feel great.

But please stop bitching at me that black people are the only people whose lives matter. In my city, they care the least as they kill each other more than any white person persecutes them.

Its bollocks. Its an English sport, played in England and if the reason you think they should be kneeling like sheep is because there are American dollars involved then I would rather they stick that up their arse.

You must also be naive if you think that any of the players care. They just do what they are told to do....just like you do. I can see all the KKK guys in Alabama quaking in their boots that Harry Kane has knelt before a Spurs game.

What a load of old pony.....'People of Colour'. cant call anyone Black but Black lives matter. The N word is banned yet half the rap songs contain it. Stabbings all over London of Black u21 males by black u21 males but apparently it is white supremacy....My message to BLM.....get your own house in order first.
And now the catch-phrase stats - the n-word in rap songs and black on black crime ffs , you're painting your arse into a corner better than I ever could. Your fundamental misunderstanding of the Kaepernik protest as it's classed in this countries' racist landscape is understandable, but your unwillingness to let the players and the league protest this injustice, no matter where it happens, because it ruffles your bubble is truly disappointing.
I perfectly understand your virtue signalling mate....you carry on if it makes you feel better. My bubble is the country I live in....if you have fucked yours up go and fix it instead of whining about it here.
Dont like the term 'black on black' ? Got a better term for why half of violent crime in London is perpetrated by Black u21 males on Black u21 males ?

The morons in the BLM movement have put race relations back 20 years over here but I am sure you dont care as long as you see people kneeling and get a handout for slave trading that happened hundreds of years ago. Playing the victim seems to suit you. Sure you are not a scouser ?

Are these guys racist also because they dont agree with your views ? You can disagree with Kapaernick and not be racist....or maybe they are.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"Shaun Bailey (The best man for the job IMO) "

hahaha...i take it you havent seen some of his comments about his bruvvers and blm riots then..
He is being put forward because hes a black and no other reason, to get all the black votes......

these fuckers will destroy this country if given even half a chance...takers not makers...