That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:40 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but your comment about racism in this country not being an issue is interesting. I have a mate who lived in South Africa (Cape Town) from 18 months old to when he was about 30. He moved here nearly 20 years ago now. He couldn't believe the level of racism around the country and thought it was worse than back home.
I’ll tell you a little story Jay mate .

In the 80’s I worked with a guy who whose wife was a (white) South African .
Yeah I never met a nice one either lol , but I went to the airport with him one afternoon to pick up his visiting brother-in-law .

On the way home , as we were approaching the Beckton Alps on the A13 I heard him pipe up ...

“ My godt, a blick in a BMW ... what is the matter with you people ??? “

This country was always the Island of opportunity, even then , if the individual was prepared to put the effort in.

This country has never been less systematically racist than it is now but this current business has not only put race relations back 50 years it’s also put every disingenuous Briton on edge, worrying that everything they say and/or do is going to be twisted and used against them .
My late wife was a white South African.

Her sister married a white Zimbabwean.

He ran a chicken farm just outside Jo'Burg which the blicks used to steal chickens from.

He used to shoot them with a shotgun and doesn't know to this day if he killed anyone.

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:44 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:39 am

You can make that point over and over AGAIN if you want but it is still bollocks. I dont choose to make it about the UK, last time I looked the sport was based in England, A country that does not have a systemic race problem. If your country has an issue then knock yourself out and kneel to the black people and apologise for being racist. Noone is stopping you but it has not place in sport here.

I don't feel the game is for the UK only, I just don't believe that sport should be used as propaganda for a bullshit movement. In the UK, BLM is just an anti-capitalist movement designed to destabilise the govt. They give no fucking shit about peoples lives and the biggest killer of black people here is black people.

Much of what you wrote would be credible if you had not used the words 'most oppressed on the planet'. What utter bollocks.
Who the fuck are the premier league to decide who to support and who not to ? They moan about players having political statements on their T shirts yet when they decide to Virtue Signal, we have to put up with it ?

If you are talking about millionaire oppressed but still got to the top of his profession Colin Kapaernick then too fucking bad. He chose to disrespect the country's anthem and flag as did a colleague of his who has actually managed to get a team despite whining he couldn't because it was all racist....so it clearly is not. If he wants to make a statement so be it but that is a US sport and it was about racism in the US.

We do not live in America and this BLM nonsense has put race relations back about 20 years here when this city is one of the most cosmopolitan in the world.

Let me ask you a question, why dont the PL have 'free Hong Kong Students' on their backs. The ones being murdered by the Chinese State. I am pretty sure that the people of Hong Kong watch the PL....but no, not fucking oppressed enough clearly.
Well said H69. For some reason we have to copy some dreary stupid idea from the US without even understanding it's meaning. The whole Black Lives Matter is a misnomer. It's obvious it's really Black Sentiments Matter - and I don't mind that,but just be honest about the intentions and the meaning.

People get angry when you point that out, but not everyone is beguiled by a hashtag.
Its all a con here.

They would not think about doing it with a crowd there. We all want racism eradicated but this country has taken great strides to do so and we are one of the least racist cities in Europe and instead of acknowledging that fact, they instead start pulling down statues and complaining about things that happened in the 1800s. Keep politics out of sport and people need to stop following the Americans like sheep FFS.

Causing a race war in the name of anti-racism, great work........a bit like how antifa are actually fascists. The left will fucking eat itself one day.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:42 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:44 pm
Well said H69. For some reason we have to copy some dreary stupid idea from the US without even understanding it's meaning. The whole Black Lives Matter is a misnomer. It's obvious it's really Black Sentiments Matter - and I don't mind that,but just be honest about the intentions and the meaning.

People get angry when you point that out, but not everyone is beguiled by a hashtag.
Its all a con here.

They would not think about doing it with a crowd there. We all want racism eradicated but this country has taken great strides to do so and we are one of the least racist cities in Europe and instead of acknowledging that fact, they instead start pulling down statues and complaining about things that happened in the 1800s. Keep politics out of sport and people need to stop following the Americans like sheep FFS.

Causing a race war in the name of anti-racism, great work........a bit like how antifa are actually fascists. The left will fucking eat itself one day.
You do realise that is the BLM agenda all along
don’t you ?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Hammertime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:13 pm

AGAIN, I will make the point that while you feel that this game is for the UK only, it is not. These are some of the highest paid and most famous athletes on the planet and when take a knee it is for those most oppressed on the planet, not necessarily those in your political sphere. Not to mention a lot of them still have to play in Eastern Europe and hear the abuse first hand. They have every right to use their fame to make a statement. I live in a country where an athlete was ridiculed and removed from his sport for doing just that, now his move is resonating with people everywhere and you chose to make it about one small island in the North Atlantic and their political agenda ffs.
You can make that point over and over AGAIN if you want but it is still bollocks. I dont choose to make it about the UK, last time I looked the sport was based in England, A country that does not have a systemic race problem. If your country has an issue then knock yourself out and kneel to the black people and apologise for being racist. Noone is stopping you but it has not place in sport here.

I don't feel the game is for the UK only, I just don't believe that sport should be used as propaganda for a bullshit movement. In the UK, BLM is just an anti-capitalist movement designed to destabilise the govt. They give no fucking shit about peoples lives and the biggest killer of black people here is black people.

Much of what you wrote would be credible if you had not used the words 'most oppressed on the planet'. What utter bollocks.
Who the fuck are the premier league to decide who to support and who not to ? They moan about players having political statements on their T shirts yet when they decide to Virtue Signal, we have to put up with it ?

If you are talking about millionaire oppressed but still got to the top of his profession Colin Kapaernick then too fucking bad. He chose to disrespect the country's anthem and flag as did a colleague of his who has actually managed to get a team despite whining he couldn't because it was all racist....so it clearly is not. If he wants to make a statement so be it but that is a US sport and it was about racism in the US.

We do not live in America and this BLM nonsense has put race relations back about 20 years here when this city is one of the most cosmopolitan in the world.

Let me ask you a question, why dont the PL have 'free Hong Kong Students' on their backs. The ones being murdered by the Chinese State. I am pretty sure that the people of Hong Kong watch the PL....but no, not fucking oppressed enough clearly.
So because we can't list all the injustices in the world we should abandon this one? How many players of Chinese descent play in the Premier League pray tell? There are but a few genocides that have occurred and are traceable in our lifetime and the slave trade to the new world has resonated for over 400 years and the oppression continues to this day. When a white-adopted, college educated, NFL paid millionaire decides to take a knee to point out the incredible disparity in the treatment by law enforcement to POC, he loses his career and never plays in the NFL again. Despite this "Jesus-like" sacrifice he makes (that really gets the goat of southern racists here) he is deemed as unpatriotic and disrespectful of the flag (add to this he was encouraged by a veteran mate of his to take the knee rather than just sit it out as this is what they do to the caskets of the fallen when they come home). And yet he still has your backward interpretation of his motives from your side of the Atlantic. Well, that makes your standpoint obvious and I'm sorry the confederacy lost and that the UK offered amnesty to the former colonists who wanted to emigrate and that you have to watch their offspring play this game. Must be hard for you.
#fuckqatar2022

h69

Post by h69 »

Hammertime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:30 pm

So because we can't list all the injustices in the world we should abandon this one? How many players of Chinese descent play in the Premier League pray tell? There are but a few genocides that have occurred and are traceable in our lifetime and the slave trade to the new world has resonated for over 400 years and the oppression continues to this day. When a white-adopted, college educated, NFL paid millionaire decides to take a knee to point out the incredible disparity in the treatment by law enforcement to POC, he loses his career and never plays in the NFL again. Despite this "Jesus-like" sacrifice he makes (that really gets the goat of southern racists here) he is deemed as unpatriotic and disrespectful of the flag (add to this he was encouraged by a veteran mate of his to take the knee rather than just sit it out as this is what they do to the caskets of the fallen when they come home). And yet he still has your backward interpretation of his motives from your side of the Atlantic. Well, that makes your standpoint obvious and I'm sorry the confederacy lost and that the UK offered amnesty to the former colonists who wanted to emigrate and that you have to watch their offspring play this game. Must be hard for you.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise that because we don't have any Chinese players it is not important. There goes any morality to the protests. We have white people playing but its racist to say white lives matter. I guess you have to be black to speak then.

Amazing how none of this mob can fucking tell the difference between now and hundreds of years ago. Ok if you want to go down the history path

Shall we start with the Romans ? White slaves built half this country......nope not oppressed enough

Ok lets go with the Jews. 6m murdered in the holocaust....no. not oppressed enough

What about Stalin or Mao ? No not oppressed enough.

Or are they not dark enough

'My side of the Atlantic ?' I thought it was a global game or am I not allowed to have an opinion on Kapearnick ? You have Kapaernick, we have multimillionaire oppressed tax dodger Hamilton.....same thing.

So many double standards.

Do what you want in the US and in the NFL but I would rather English sport stays politics free. Half these BLM morons in the UK probably could not find The USA on a map let alone Minnesota.

Exactly where is the oppression in the UK? This is an anti capitalist protest no more no less. I guess the XR brigade had nowhere to go.

I assume you are the person that wrote the post condemning all of us as racists. If not then apologies but if so....
I for one am sick of being called racist because I don't buy into the bullshit kneeling and black lives matter campaign which struggles to make a case in the UK in 2020 so basically goes right through history looking for things to be offended by.

My ancestors are not even English and there are plenty of nationalities I could get upset with on their behalf but I have the intelligence to realise 2020 is not 1970 or indeed 1870.

The US is a different country and you celebrate independence every year so be independent and leave us out of your race war.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I get the cause. But not the catalyst for it.

Career criminal thug. Awful he died like that but I'll never be party to paying fucking homage to him.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise that because we don't have any Chinese players it is not important. There goes any morality to the protests. We have white people playing but its racist to say white lives matter. I guess you have to be black to speak then.

Amazing how none of this mob can fucking tell the difference between now and hundreds of years ago. Ok if you want to go down the history path

Shall we start with the Romans ? White slaves built half this country......nope not oppressed enough

Ok lets go with the Jews. 6m murdered in the holocaust....no. not oppressed enough

'My side of the Atlantic ?' I thought it was a global game or am I not allowed to have an opinion on Kapearnick ? You have Kapaernick, we have multimillionaire oppressed tax dodger Hamilton.....same thing.

Do what you want in the US and in the NFL but I would rather English sport stays politics free. Half these BLM morons in the UK probably could not find The USA on a map let alone Minnesota.

Exactly where is the oppression in the UK? This is an anti capitalist protest no more no less. I guess the XR brigade had nowhere to go.

I assume you are the person that wrote the post condemning all of us as racists. If not then apologies but if so....
I for one am sick of being called racist because I don't buy into the bullshit kneeling and black lives matter campaign which struggles to make a case in the UK in 2020 so basically goes right through history looking for things to be offended by.

My ancestors are not even English and there are plenty of nationalities I could get upset with on their behalf but I have the intelligence to realise 2020 is not 1970 or indeed 1870.

The US is a different country and you celebrate independence every year so be independent and leave us out of your race war.
H , it wasn’t him mate .
If it had of been I get the feeling he would have explained his reasons and backed it up .

The other guy just made the statement and then deleted it
Bring back Jonathon !

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

I did not condemn anybody as a racist, I classed you as such when you took the southern racist view of Kaepernick as it displayed your ignorance of the struggles that have persisted in this country for centuries and most recently through Jim Crow, The Civil Rights Movement and now the BLM movement. In this country we have a police and prison system that is a direct result of the polices enacted by white politicos over the decades and centuries. I will continue to make the point of how meaningful it is for POC in this country to see the players over there take a knee, I know it's lost on the political argument over there, but once again, this is no longer a sport that draws all it's audience or money from inside the UK. You can list every other atrocity perpetrated over the last 500 years and then correlate the policies we have in place today that continue that persecution on today's people of those ethnitcities and further those that play the game, it will be a short list. Now do it for black players...
#fuckqatar2022

h69

Post by h69 »

Hammertime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:14 pm

I did not condemn anybody as a racist, I classed you as such when you took the southern racist view of Kaepernick as it displayed your ignorance of the struggles that have persisted in this country for centuries and most recently through Jim Crow, The Civil Rights Movement and now the BLM movement. In this country we have a police and prison system that is a direct result of the polices enacted by white politicos over the decades and centuries. I will continue to make the point of how meaningful it is for POC in this country to see the players over there take a knee, I know it's lost on the political argument over there, but once again, this is no longer a sport that draws all it's audience or money from inside the UK. You can list every other atrocity perpetrated over the last 500 years and then correlate the policies we have in place today that continue that persecution on today's people of those ethnitcities and further those that play the game, it will be a short list. Now do it for black players...
Newmarket : I did say if it was not him then I apologise.....but since he pulled the race card he can fuck off

Hammertime

Last word I am going to say on this bollocks....however I class you as a typical virtue signaller that because I think it was wrong that multimillionaire oppressed Kapaernick knelt during a national anthem I am racist....look up the word for fucks sake. That would be a start. Dont agree by all means but everytime anyone criticises this bullshit they are racist. Thats the trouble with people like you, just play the race card...its so easy just because I dont share your views.

Do you even fucking hear yourself talking about things happening over the last 500 years, go and pull down a fucking statue then if it makes you feel better but ....if you still feel there is racism in your country then kneel down and apologise like a good boy if it makes you feel great.

But please stop bitching at me that black people are the only people whose lives matter. In my city, they care the least as they kill each other more than any white person persecutes them.

Its bollocks. Its an English sport, played in England and if the reason you think they should be kneeling like sheep is because there are American dollars involved then I would rather they stick that up their arse.

You must also be naive if you think that any of the players care. They just do what they are told to do....just like you do. I can see all the KKK guys in Alabama quaking in their boots that Harry Kane has knelt before a Spurs game.

What a load of old pony.....'People of Colour'. cant call anyone Black but Black lives matter. The N word is banned yet half the rap songs contain it. Stabbings all over London of Black u21 males by black u21 males but apparently it is white supremacy....My message to BLM.....get your own house in order first.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:44 am
Flairon wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:29 am How on earth is putting BLM on the shirts promoting a racist anti white movement!?!

FFS, the message behind BLM, is not that white lives or all lives do not! I am stunned that people still do not, or do not want to understand that the message is that BLM as well.

Quite frankly, I do not understand why some people are so upset about the league making a gesture (and at the end of the day, that is all it is, a gesture) in support of a worthy cause.

Anyone can make an argument along the lines of "why not this cause or that cause". There are no doubt many worthy causes, but does it really diminish the message hear!?! The clubs are on board as are they players. so why as a society are we so resistant?
Flair

Personally I disagree with any sport having any politics in it whatsoever.

The message is bollocks. Black people are not oppressed in the UK. It si simply not true. They used to be but London is probably one of the most cosmopolitan cities on this planet. They complain they are more likely to be arrested but that is because they commit the most crime. Not rocket science is it.

I think most people want to know why Black people feel they need a special movement in the UK. This country is not endemically racist whatever they have you think (It used to be but not now). I only kneel to the Queen and God. I am not about to kneel to a movement that wants to erase the history of the country.

The killing of George Floyd was abhorrent but was no more racist than the killing of the guy above in this thread who was white. Why should I need to kneel or why should I watch this nonsense in sport ?

Three people were killed by the police in the UK last year. Two were white and one was a muslim terrorist.

And then they start defacing monuments and pulling them down. You dont see white people trying to destroy the Roman towns built by slaves in this country.....or are they not dark enough

Wanting the Rhodes statue pulled down - a man who has a foundation to help underpriviliged people go to Oxford.
Defacing the Cenotaph - there to comemorate soldiers that died for these idiots.
Attacking Winston Churchills statue, a man that gave them the right to democracy and to protest
Wanting to remove the England Rugby teams anthem
Complaining about CocoPops packaging because it has a monkey but Rice Krispies dont
Pulling programs from the 70s

The whole BLM in the UK is really a cover for anti capitalist left wing extremists. That is what this is about. Go look at their donation site.

We are all being played for mugs.
No one said you have to take a knee and no one 8s forcing you to are they. However, I certainly respect a person's right to protest in a peaceful manner.

I live in the States and I understand how and why the BLM was born (in so much as a white person might).

Whilst you say that racism is a think of the past in the U.K
Blacks are still more likely to be stopped by the police than any other ethnicity. Needless to say not every person stopped is guilty.

There is a case here in Miami Gardens where a chap was arrested over 60 times for trespassing at a gas station where he worked. Even after the owner got him to move into the premises the police routinely arrested him despite the owner's protests.

The unfortunate thing is that for every peaceful protestor there is and anarchist or petty thief that wants to hijack the protest for their own agenda. That should not however detract from the validity of the message.
Flairon