That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by mkhammer »

only1salty wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 am If you are against the political doctrine that has attached itself to the UK version of BLM and have the additional argument that All Lives Matter in a society where true equality is equality of opportunity not equality of outcome, then the WLM banner is at best - damn stupid.

You can be anti racist without supporting BLM. Its a hard left wing political movement in the UK. Notably in the US there is no mention of capitalism. So in the UK it has a different meaning.

The stated aim of BLM UK on their go fund me page

"We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle ........ capitalism"

Take a look and tell me that isn't true before trying to define anyone who disagrees as a racist.

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund
Technically ..Legally...in fact any "ally"...you can rip that to pieces...it borders on laughable....

Coronavirus is racist now...... :lol:

Mind you was the Commie Chinese started it......and they really don't care to much for our Black Bruvs.......

Just gotta make fun and have a laugh with it all now....just getting way to much.....

Black Lives matter....Good....
White Lives Matter...Bad,,,
All Lives Matter..................................Fuck Knows.......... :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:16 am
only1salty wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 am If you are against the political doctrine that has attached itself to the UK version of BLM and have the additional argument that All Lives Matter in a society where true equality is equality of opportunity not equality of outcome, then the WLM banner is at best - damn stupid.

You can be anti racist without supporting BLM. Its a hard left wing political movement in the UK. Notably in the US there is no mention of capitalism. So in the UK it has a different meaning.

The stated aim of BLM UK on their go fund me page

"We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle ........ capitalism"

Take a look and tell me that isn't true before trying to define anyone who disagrees as a racist.

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund
Black Lives Matter is a noble cause and White Lives Matter is offensive. Yup, there is the racism right there.
Yes that's funny really. Would a slogan Asian Lives Matter cause offence. Black Lives Matter is actually a nonsense slogan because that is not what is being protested. What it is about is Black Sentiment Matters. That is accurate and explains the current phenomena.

I would have thought in Football they would have been a bit more street smart and not as gullible as the other types.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:33 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:29 am

The saying “white lives matter” is linked to white supremacists. If it woulda said “All lives matter” I think it might’ve been smarter and less damning.
No. They think that is racist also.
I have read that before and didn’t actually say it wasn’t racist (although obviously it isn’t) But my point was it’s Easier to point fingers and condemn things if linked to groups such as white supremacists.
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:00 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:29 am

The saying “white lives matter” is linked to white supremacists. If it woulda said “All lives matter” I think it might’ve been smarter and less damning.
That would have been better,but I still don't see it has being racist though.

It seems to be every other ethnic minority can do what they like and it`s applauded,but anything the white person does,it`s racist.

There are people being banned from twitter and being sacked by Radio Stations for having a different view to BLM..Thought this was a country of democracy and free speech.It was nothing nasty,just honesty.

Personally,I think many people are being brainwashed.

Just a side thought,if the players had "Kick it out",I think the majority would be happy to back it including me),but the BLM thing has really angered many and will only cause division and divide.
It’s provocative, controversial and stupid though ain’t it in this current climate. If there was no BLM thing going on around the world right now, that banner prob wouldn’t have even made the news. It’s the provocation that’s causing all the stir. I stick by my point, if everyone just said all lives matter as a counter argument and the media actually raised the point about Tony Timpa being killed by the police in the same manner as George Floyd, I wonder if everything would be watered down.
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:37 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:00 am

That would have been better,but I still don't see it has being racist though.

It seems to be every other ethnic minority can do what they like and it`s applauded,but anything the white person does,it`s racist.

There are people being banned from twitter and being sacked by Radio Stations for having a different view to BLM..Thought this was a country of democracy and free speech.It was nothing nasty,just honesty.

Personally,I think many people are being brainwashed.

Just a side thought,if the players had "Kick it out",I think the majority would be happy to back it including me),but the BLM thing has really angered many and will only cause division and divide.
It’s provocative, controversial and stupid though ain’t it in this current climate. If there was no BLM thing going on around the world right now, that banner prob wouldn’t have even made the news. It’s the provocation that’s causing all the stir. I stick by my point, if everyone just said all lives matter as a counter argument and the media actually raised the point about Tony Timpa being killed by the police in the same manner as George Floyd, I wonder if everything would be watered down.
Your first point re ALM is 100% true imo
Your second point is an example of what I’ve been raging about since the beginning of all this shit .

Salty does make some great points above.

The original (US) version of a BLM have a point in the context of the United States and their grievances with policing issues which are difficult for anybody to disagree with .

This UKBLM bollocks is just bandwagon jumping by what I consider to be a load of shit stirring Cunts with chips on their shoulders.

And the UK Media’s pandering to it is fucking disgraceful.

Although last nights episode over the Etihad wasn’t very bright , even the moderate of moderates will understand why it happened .
All it needed was the word ALL instead of white .

Or the omission of the word BURNLEY.
Bring back Jonathon !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

The temporary spark of enthusiasm I had on Saturday that lasted approximately from around 15:30 to 18:00 was quickly suffocated by David “Halon” Moyes and his bunch of eunuchs masquerading as footballers.

So, tonight I’m already back to my pre-pandemic levels of enthusiasm. I’ll follow the game on Charlie and Tom’s live show (if they’re doing one) and will chat on here and some mates WhatsApp groups but that’ll be it.

My God we don’t half need something to grab on to 😫
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:26 pm The temporary spark of enthusiasm I had on Saturday that lasted approximately from around 15:30 to 18:00 was quickly suffocated by David “Halon” Moyes and his bunch of eunuchs masquerading as footballers.

So, tonight I’m already back to my pre-pandemic levels of enthusiasm. I’ll follow the game on Charlie and Tom’s live show (if they’re doing one) and will chat on here and some mates WhatsApp groups but that’ll be it.

Charlie and Tom should be repeating their watch along and I saw that on Sunday and enjoyed it. They are both a likeable pair to spend time with.

I'll be viewing the game tonight as I want to see what's not happening with my own eyes.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:50 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:37 am

Your first point re ALM is 100% true imo
Your second point is an example of what I’ve been raging about since the beginning of all this shit .

Salty does make some great points above.

The original (US) version of a BLM have a point in the context of the United States and their grievances with policing issues which are difficult for anybody to disagree with .

This UKBLM bollocks is just bandwagon jumping by what I consider to be a load of shit stirring Cunts with chips on their shoulders.

And the UK Media’s pandering to it is fucking disgraceful.

Although last nights episode over the Etihad wasn’t very bright , even the moderate of moderates will understand why it happened .
All it needed was the word ALL instead of white .

Or the omission of the word BURNLEY.
Absolutely bang on mate
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:26 pm The temporary spark of enthusiasm I had on Saturday that lasted approximately from around 15:30 to 18:00 was quickly suffocated by David “Halon” Moyes and his bunch of eunuchs masquerading as footballers.

A nice pair of tits would be good. More chance of that than anything good from a football perspective
COYI!!!

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

only1salty wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:15 pm
Hammertime wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:17 pm I certainly understand the will to keep all politics out of football and not use the platform for any partisan agenda. But when you start aligning a BLM movement to this game it is, imo, a wholly different proposition. Firstly you have to acknowledge the global brand that the premier league is now. Despite the colonial entitlement of those of us that are multi-generational supporters feel, I live in a country where that is not the case and understand full-well that there are many other countries on many continents that are glued to this league.

That said, there is an issue here in the US that is abhorrent and part of an institutional conditioning of discrimination. We have a police brutality issue that has been going on for decades, preceded by Jim Crow that went on for almost a hundred years, proceeded by centuries one of the most horrific acts of brutality on the planet. That is just the tip of the iceberg here, and "what does it have to do with us" I hear the virtual terraces over there sing? Well, two fold; firstly it is vital the societies that view this one from the outside condemn it's practices with impartial and non-partisan outrage. Being in this country is, in part, a denial of the reality which is lived day-to-day and seeing the sport with the largest global following get behind the message is far more powerful that you think. Secondly the aforementioned global aspect of the game, not only among the fans, but also the players. "Kick it Out" is still fighting an uphill battle in the game, in many parts of Europe and last season saw a spike in the reported abuse of black players.

So in summary if you're sick of this league because of it's grandstanding an issue that protests the subjugation of a person based on the colour of their skin, while watching a game full of POC playing it, being broadcast all over the world, then I'm afraid you've lost the fucking plot!
You seem to have missed my point completely. Read the manifesto of BLM. Actually read it

Only a tiny minority disagree that racism is abhorrent. That exists in all races. Read the thread and see what others are actually trying to say. (except that numbers fuckwit)

What most people do not agree with is wholesale illegal activism or the over politicising of a social issue. You can be against racism without having to support BLM.

The BLM movement has been politically hijacked to now include such aspects IN THE UK as

Dismantle capitalism
Abolish the police
Dismantle the state
Erase history

If you don't think that is a political cause that does nothing but polarise people then I'm afraid it is you who has lost the fucking plot!
And you've missed my point entirely, quit letting people hijack a cause for their own benefit and giving it relevance. The BLM movement is about a particular and specific type of oppression and as I've said if you're making it more complex than that on either side of the argument then you've lost the plot. The power of a BLM movement in the Premier League resonates around the world and transcends whatever ethnocentric bubble you live in.
#fuckqatar2022