Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:36 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:55 pm Ogbonna back in defense which releases Rice back in midfield. Draft Wilshere alongside Noble as it's Tottenham.

If Haller is available bring back Snodgrass for his crossing.

Anderson,Fornals and Soucek on the bench. Use all of them second half.

Will it work,probably not. Prediction 1-1
Imo whatever line up we employ it won't work for two very basic reasons.

1. Man for man Spurs have better players in virtually every position
2 Jose Mourinho is a far more astute tactician and manager than David Moyes.

If we keep the margin of defeat down to 3 or under I'll consider that a result.

And unfortunately the same logic, playing strength and managerial nous, applies to Chelsea who are next up.
I suspect your probably right. But don't expect Aston Villa or Bournemouth to win their next two games. We will be all stuck together like a constipated log...yuck

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Grab a stick, britches down, touch your toes, close your eyes, bite on that stick.....suits you sir.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:36 pm

Imo whatever line up we employ it won't work for two very basic reasons.

1. Man for man Spurs have better players in virtually every position
2 Jose Mourinho is a far more astute tactician and manager than David Moyes.

If we keep the margin of defeat down to 3 or under I'll consider that a result.

And unfortunately the same logic, playing strength and managerial nous, applies to Chelsea who are next up.
I suspect your probably right. But don't expect Aston Villa or Bournemouth to win their next two games. We will be all stuck together like a constipated log...yuck
Under normal circumstances I think you would probably be right, but these circumstances are far from normal. Both Bournemouth & Villa have to play Wolves in their next 2. Wolves have something to play for. They are pushing hard for Europe, maybe even a CL spot, so they will be up for the scrap.

Oddly they also both play Newcastle in their upcoming 2 games. After beating Southampton, Newcastle are safe and, probably, will be on the beach. Therefore I wouldn't be a bit surprised if both sides pick up something against the geordies., maybe even 3 points.

Tbh we deserve relegation. The club is rotten to the core with incompetent owners, an infrastructure which doesn't stand comparison with most of our competitors, a recruitment and youth system that once was envied by other clubs but has now slipped backwards and a fan base which is not attracting the new, young, support needed to sustain the club in the future, in part because of all the in fighting amongst the fan base itself.

In short, we are a fucking shambles and if West Ham United F C was a racehorse I think the vet would already have done his worst.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

MFY66

Post by MFY66 »

I’m predicting a 0-0 or a 1-0 to either side.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Very little optimism, hoping Moyes has a few ace cards up his sleeve.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:22 am Very little optimism, hoping Moyes has a few ace cards up his sleeve.
Quite apart from the strength of the respective squads who would you back in a battle of tactical skills. Mourinho or Moyes.?

We may as well stay at home mate. I'll probably turn over at 9 and watch Barcelona v Bilbao. It'll probably be all over by then.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Can’t see anything but a loss here. Sure Nobes will let the rest know what this game means but Moyes will counter that with his tactical nous
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:42 am Can’t see anything but a loss here. Sure Nobes will let the rest know what this game means but Moyes will counter that with his tactical nous
I'm still waiting to be surprised by a David Moyes positive intervention. He might however be relying on Norwich,Aston Villa and Bournemouth continually losing. I wouldn't put it past all of them doing that.

...although two of them have to play us,which is where that plan will be tested most

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Well if we lay down to these cunts, then I think we'll know they are not up for the fight.
Judging by Saturday shit fest, I think that's almost a given anyway.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:51 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:42 am Can’t see anything but a loss here. Sure Nobes will let the rest know what this game means but Moyes will counter that with his tactical nous
I'm still waiting to be surprised by a David Moyes positive intervention. He might however be relying on Norwich,Aston Villa and Bournemouth continually losing. I wouldn't put it past all of them doing that.

...although two of them have to play us,which is where that plan will be tested most
A very dangerous and negative assumption then.....(by Moyes).....but I'm sure you're right.......we need points won, not relying on other teams loosing.