That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:40 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:30 am

I'm wondering if this is the reason why Ozil is not involved.He refuses to go down on one knee.I bet there are a few that don`t want to,but like a few have said ,they won't go against the flow because all the flak they would get,especially from the media.I suppose it may hurt team morale with his black colleagues too.
Wonder no more Tel . And I’ll tell you why as well .

Something has happened to him in the last few months that make him believe that Turkish/German lives matter just as much as everybody else’s lives but that doesn’t fit the PL agenda .

Genuine question though .. who was the other player involved in the incident and did he play the other night ?

I really don’t know hence the question .
he's had runins before alongside Khedira. The German fans booed him because he went to meet Erdoğan and he threatened never to play for them again.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:30 am

I'm wondering if this is the reason why Ozil is not involved.He refuses to go down on one knee.I bet there are a few that don`t want to,but like a few have said ,they won't go against the flow because all the flak they would get,especially from the media.I suppose it may hurt team morale with his black colleagues too.

Something has happened to him in the last few months that make him believe that Turkish/German lives matter just as much as everybody else’s lives but that doesn’t fit the PL agenda .

Genuine question though .. who was the other player involved in the incident and did he play the other night ?

Are you talking about the attempted armed Robbery where Kolasinac went after the robbers ?

No idea if he played.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Are you talking about the attempted armed Robbery where Kolasinac went after the robbers ?

No idea if he played.
I think Kolasinac picked up a bad injury just before football shut down. Could be wrong.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I wouldn't bow down to any cunt.. Ever

Tunafish

Post by Tunafish »

Hammertime wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:17 pm I certainly understand the will to keep all politics out of football and not use the platform for any partisan agenda. But when you start aligning a BLM movement to this game it is, imo, a wholly different proposition. Firstly you have to acknowledge the global brand that the premier league is now. Despite the colonial entitlement of those of us that are multi-generational supporters feel, I live in a country where that is not the case and understand full-well that there are many other countries on many continents that are glued to this league.

That said, there is an issue here in the US that is abhorrent and part of an institutional conditioning of discrimination. We have a police brutality issue that has been going on for decades, preceded by Jim Crow that went on for almost a hundred years, proceeded by centuries one of the most horrific acts of brutality on the planet. That is just the tip of the iceberg here, and "what does it have to do with us" I hear the virtual terraces over there sing? Well, two fold; firstly it is vital the societies that view this one from the outside condemn it's practices with impartial and non-partisan outrage. Being in this country is, in part, a denial of the reality which is lived day-to-day and seeing the sport with the largest global following get behind the message is far more powerful that you think. Secondly the aforementioned global aspect of the game, not only among the fans, but also the players. "Kick it Out" is still fighting an uphill battle in the game, in many parts of Europe and last season saw a spike in the reported abuse of black players.

So in summary if you're sick of this league because of it's grandstanding an issue that protests the subjugation of a person based on the colour of their skin, while watching a game full of POC playing it, being broadcast all over the world, then I'm afraid you've lost the fucking plot!
Spot on, (from a hammer in Nebraska)
Last edited by Tunafish on Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

To the poster that posted on this thread yesterday that every West Ham supporter should be ashamed of the seemingly endless racism on this thread and then thought better of it by deleting -:

If you had been aware of the , actual , one sided Bias with which all British Media have been reporting anything BLM related , then you may not have been So quick to assume everybody is racist.

All human lives matter to me . Even those of Tottenham fans.

And to portray to the civilised world that every ex-serviceman in this country is a fucking Nazi is the utter disgrace here .
It’s getting close to the levels of contempt that was aimed at Vietnam war vets on their return to the land of the free.
Add to that the continuous reporting that every football fan is a “far-right” thug is another blatant lie.

The fact that the Premier League and their Sky paymasters are supporting this stance by jumping on this one sided political bandwagon in the name of “integrity” is the straw that broke the camels back as far as I’m concerned and I want nothing to do with it until it blows over.
And I’m sure I’m not the only one.

I did consider restoring your deleted post , but like yourself , thought better of it.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Just for clarity as I have been labelled as a one man crusader for BLM. ( which I’m not btw)

It wasn’t me who posted & deleted what Newmarket States!

;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:40 pm To the poster that posted on this thread yesterday that every West Ham supporter should be ashamed of the seemingly endless racism on this thread and then thought better of it by deleting -:

If you had been aware of the , actual , one sided Bias with which all British Media have been reporting anything BLM related , then you may not have been So quick to assume everybody is racist.

All human lives matter to me . Even those of Tottenham fans.

And to portray to the civilised world that every ex-serviceman in this country is a fucking Nazi is the utter disgrace here .
It’s getting close to the levels of contempt that was aimed at Vietnam war vets on their return to the land of the free.
Add to that the continuous reporting that every football fan is a “far-right” thug is another blatant lie.

The fact that the Premier League and their Sky paymasters are supporting this stance by jumping on this one sided political bandwagon in the name of “integrity” is the straw that broke the camels back as far as I’m concerned and I want nothing to do with it until it blows over.
And I’m sure I’m not the only one.

I did consider restoring your deleted post , but like yourself , thought better of it.
The whole BLM in the UK is a load of old bollocks created by a group of mainly left wing people that want to use an instance of (non-racial) police brutality in the US to try and gain an advantage over hard working people in the UK. They have seen Muslim people do it and now it is their turn.

Are there racial incidents in the UK ? Yes occasionally....Is this country systematically racist, far from it.

But what we have now are a load of black people who see white people from the left and from anti-capitalist groups use it as an excuse to over diversify everything.
I just saw this link : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53135022
And there I was, watching a different BBC where almost every program seems to have to include an Asian or black person to tick a box
But then I support a team in a league full of 100k a week black footballers kneeling as they feel oppressed.

These people tweet they are oppressed from thousand quid iphones, pull down statues because they are offended by slave trading years ago. Well if any of them had an education, they woudl realise that most of the cities and towns they do this from were Roman towns built by slaves who unless were Nubian, were not black....but you dont see white people trying to destroy these cities.

Auschwitz was an abhorrent place but there is a reason why it still stands. As a memorial to the people who died there and as a reminder that a heinous regime committed barbaric acts there. It should never be destroyed but I would not expect many of these morons to understand that.

To reply to Hammertimes comment 'So in summary if you're sick of this league because of it's grandstanding an issue that protests the subjugation of a person based on the colour of their skin, while watching a game full of POC playing it, being broadcast all over the world, then I'm afraid you've lost the fucking plot!

Really ? Lost the plot ? So because we are broadcast over the word we have to have the worlds political issues addressed before the game ?

Well maybe I will watch the next West Ham game to see if Hong Kong's students (You know the ones that are being murdered by the Chinese state that oppresses them) are being called out or are they not black enough ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:07 am The world has gone absolutely fucking bonkers.
Just like Jay, I wasn’t going to watch anyway but now I’m completely disinterested.
Total madness !!

Fuck em
For somebody who didn't watch and I believe you didn't,you produced a very good post fan reaction video that covered all the discussable in-game moments.

Ok you didn't actually say, David Moyes will completely fuck us - but some things can be left unsaid can't they.

You should make this a regular feature during this mini run of games,as your good at it and an obvious natural...just don't start a series called Tone on Tuesday - Mike began like that and it sent him over the edge and...well you've seen the consequences...

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:21 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:07 am The world has gone absolutely fucking bonkers.
Just like Jay, I wasn’t going to watch anyway but now I’m completely disinterested.
Total madness !!

Fuck em
For somebody who didn't watch and I believe you didn't,you produced a very good post fan reaction video that covered all the discussable in-game moments.

Ok you didn't actually say, David Moyes will completely fuck us - but some things can be left unsaid can't they.

You should make this a regular feature during this mini run of games,as your good at it and an obvious natural...just don't start a series called Tone on Tuesday - Mike began like that and it sent him over the edge and...well you've seen the consequences...
Thanks old chap.
Notice my disclaimer stating “no analytics as I’m a shit pundit so I’ll focus on emotions and vibes only”?😉
Whilst this is true (my shit tactical/analytical punditry), it’s also because I only followed the game on Talksport, half time on Charlie and Tom’s match coverage, numerous WhatsApp groups and the thread on here.

To be honest, games as clearly poor as that (I don’t need to look out of the window when I can hear it pissing down) are relatively binary when it comes to feelings and general opinions.
I just won’t do player ratings and tactics. I’m not very good at them even when I’m in the stadium (too pissed), never mind watching on TV, even less listening on the radio ;)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"