Heads up!!!! NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: Heads up!!!! NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Gonzo »

Jon06WHUFC wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:39 am New layout is miles better for mobile devices, and this is what I use most these days!

Agree with the other comments that a dark mode would be nice as well.
Thanks mate, we can still crank it down a bit.

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

Nice answer...just not sure what it has to do with my question.

Have you deleted posts that have been directed aboutt GH ?

Do you defend him to the hilt whenever anyone mentions him ?

This site seems to be pretty relaxed about opinions apart from this situation...

This reply is typical of your stance.....why ?

Parcel Force

Post by Parcel Force »

Are you arguing with yourself?
Ban Avit from making Youtube videos

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

Parcel Force wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:33 pm Are you arguing with yourself?
A difference of opinion with a website owner....not expecting much.

I am just wondering if he has been threatened with legal action as I have been...and that is why he is taking this stance.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Rumford wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:23 pm Nice answer...just not sure what it has to do with my question.

This site seems to be pretty relaxed about opinions apart from this situation...

I'm not really sure what you want me to say?

I said in this very thread that the only person in the social media world that I've regularly socialized with is Canning Town Len (my mate Jay). I also said that I'd bumped into GH a handful of times to which you replied, "You can be mates with who you want"?

I don't know him, don't know his family, where he lives, when his birthday is or anything else. . . .I've told you that before.

However whenever I've met him he has always been very pleasant and polite. I suspect that if I did get to know him we'd get on well. . . that's it.

As for the suggestion that I might have been issued with legal action. No I have not.

That being said I'm not entirely surprised that you have. I'd estimate that on this site alone you've either directly or inadvertently suggested that GH did some sort of coach travel swindle at least 5 times. If you've done similar on KUMB then I'm not surprised that you were warned about defamation of character or libel. Once you make the accusation then the onus is on you to provide the legal proof.

Just for clarity.

Every time that you post about this supposed skulduggery I cringe. You've made your point but then you repeat it time and time again. I constantly worry that someone will write something litigious and if I'm honest you worry me more than most.

I like an open forum and for people to speak their mind, but not at the expense of my website. I've worked fucking hard for 5 years on Hammers Chat and during the first year put £2k of my own money in which I didn't see back for a long time.

So if I've deleted posts that I feel were close to the mark legally then so be it. I'm not here to facilitate free speech or anything else. . . I'm not a human rights activist.

The freedom of expression means that you can call the managers tactics shit and a play acting player a diving cunt. You can share your thoughts on pretty much anything on here which I believe is more important now than ever.

But if I think something is crossing the very lenient boundaries into a legal minefield I'll deal with it. In essence your opinion ain't as important to me as my website.

That's the truth of the matter.

However if you want to believe that Graeme Howlet is sat in his bunker, buried under a mountain, stroking his white cat and controlling speech on Hammers Chat then I can't really do any more to convince you otherwise.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Parcel Force wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:33 pm Are you arguing with yourself?

I've just seen your signature at the bottom of your posts 😂

Parcel Force

Post by Parcel Force »

:lol:

Hello Gonzo, hope you're well mate.
Ban Avit from making Youtube videos

Post by 9898 »

Gonzo wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:02 pm
Rumford wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:23 pm Nice answer...just not sure what it has to do with my question.

I said in this very thread that the only person in the social media world that I've regularly socialized with is Canning Town Len (my mate Jay). I also said that I'd bumped into GH a handful of times to which you replied, "You can be mates with who you want"?

I don't know him, don't know his family, where he lives, when his birthday is or anything else. . . .I've told you that before.

However whenever I've met him he has always been very pleasant and polite. I suspect that if I did get to know him we'd get on well. . . that's it.

As for the suggestion that I might have been issued with legal action. No I have not.

That being said I'm not entirely surprised that you have. I'd estimate that on this site alone you've either directly or inadvertently suggested that GH did some sort of coach travel swindle at least 5 times. If you've done similar on KUMB then I'm not surprised that you were warned about defamation of character or libel. Once you make the accusation then the onus is on you to provide the legal proof.

Just for clarity.

Every time that you post about this supposed skulduggery I cringe. You've made your point but then you repeat it time and time again. I constantly worry that someone will write something litigious and if I'm honest you worry me more than most.

I like an open forum and for people to speak their mind, but not at the expense of my website. I've worked fucking hard for 5 years on Hammers Chat and during the first year put £2k of my own money in which I didn't see back for a long time.

So if I've deleted posts that I feel were close to the mark legally then so be it. I'm not here to facilitate free speech or anything else. . . I'm not a human rights activist.

The freedom of expression means that you can call the managers tactics shit and a play acting player a diving cunt. You can share your thoughts on pretty much anything on here which I believe is more important now than ever.

But if I think something is crossing the very lenient boundaries into a legal minefield I'll deal with it. In essence your opinion ain't as important to me as my website.

However if you want to believe that Graeme Howlet is sat in his bunker, buried under a mountain, stroking his white cat and controlling speech on Hammers Chat then I can't really do any more to convince you otherwise.
You should probably edit that, actually deleting it would be better. That sentence has a tinge of megalomania in it. Remember, when you started this website it was the fans forum, where mates could come and talk, not Alan Sugars next business venture.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

9898 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Just for clarity.

You should probably edit that, actually deleting it would be better. That sentence has a tinge of megalomania in it. Remember, when you started this website it was the fans forum, where mates could come and talk, not Alan Sugars next business venture.

It's quite fitting that you turned up.

The closest that we ever got to legal action was when you posted a thread suggesting that Betway were transferring money into mine and Geo's account.

As for the mates coming to talk, what on earth would you know about it? You've never joined in, never been friendly, always sat on the sidelines insulting and sniping.

You've been banned so many times it's ridiculous.

I'll say what I've said numerous times before....

Do something constructive. If you don't like the forum then fuck off.

I'll not edit or delete my post and certainly don't need to give you 'clarity' about the social media links. You seem to think that you're some sort of auditor but you're not, you are a shit stirrer who is one post away from getting banned again (insert megalomaniac lough where suitable).

Put simply you can only shit on someone's door mat so many times before you stop getting invited in.

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

Just for clarity.

You've said enough now...including the stupid little put down at the end.

As you know... I have always held the view that this site is run with one eye on not offending another website owner.

Nothing you have put above in your long post makes think elsewise

The lads on WHTV have no problem standing up for what they think and of course WHO doesnt have any problems either

Sean Whetstone had his seat number and row put out on KUMB to help members pull him up for his views on Claret and Hugh.

Cannot really see what I have put is really worth the attention is it ???

Sorry it makes you cringe......what makes me cringe is people who moan about libel laws then hide behind them when any criticism comes their way.

You live by the sword....you should die by it